Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 888934 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3185 on: December 07, 2015, 12:09:29 PM

Did you stand behind another player for that shot?  I, too, like running Magik with Magik as her sidekick. It's hilarious to me.

Good to hear about her, though.  I haven't played in almost 2 weeks because I was at a conference, and thanksgiving was before that. I'm still stuck at level 35ish and now no Omega event for a while. /crymeariver.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3186 on: December 07, 2015, 12:35:17 PM

That's Magik from the X-Mansion, I was picking up her Limbo quest and saw the opportunity for maximum Magik!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3187 on: December 08, 2015, 02:13:10 PM

I hit 60 with Deadpool today, and not really sure where to start on endgame stuff. I did the GLF daily and weekly, and have been doing the Odin Mark shared quests for a few days now.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3188 on: December 08, 2015, 02:24:42 PM

Good start, also it is usually beneficial to do whatever event is running for the currency.  Cosmic has some good uru enchants and armor specially has some awesome artifacts.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3189 on: December 08, 2015, 02:26:59 PM

The Midtown Madness event is going on now, and that doesn't appear to have a currency. Unless you mean some other kind of event that I'm unaware of.

Also I see people talking about higher ilvl loot and upgrading stuff. How do I get stuff higher than ilvl 63 and/or how do I upgrade things?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3190 on: December 08, 2015, 02:31:00 PM

Level up your crafter. You've been doing donations to him the entire time you were leveling, right?  why so serious?
(hooray undocumented systems)

Then once he's leveled you buy the ilevel upgrade recipes from the vendor in Asgard for the raid/ quest tokens.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3191 on: December 08, 2015, 03:05:22 PM

Oh hell, if midtown madness is going on then just do that.  It will at least get your whole unique set in short order, plus a ton of xp for omegas. Edit: keep doing the odin and GLF stuff, those are both great sources of stuff, it even gets you raid currency without raiding. 

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3192 on: December 08, 2015, 03:26:35 PM

Level up your crafter. You've been doing donations to him the entire time you were leveling, right?  why so serious?
(hooray undocumented systems)

Then once he's leveled you buy the ilevel upgrade recipes from the vendor in Asgard for the raid/ quest tokens.
My crafter is level 12, yea. Enchanter is 8 or 9; I read about that on the official forums somewhere.

I have been doing MM and have a ton of uniques.

Edit: I'm not sure what to do with my Omega points either. I had been spending them on bonus XP, but I'm not sure how useful that is now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:06:30 PM by Rendakor »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3193 on: December 08, 2015, 06:12:41 PM

There should be a StarkTech Tree/Page and there's a +Damage against bosses node that is like +600 damage rating for relatively few points. That is almost always the first node everyone gets.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3194 on: December 08, 2015, 06:21:57 PM

Yep it's the most useful for the points spent. Once you have that it becomes a murkier question of character, damage type, ranged vs melee, and amount of available points.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3195 on: December 08, 2015, 06:28:34 PM

S.P.I.N. Tech, under Nanotechnology?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3196 on: December 08, 2015, 06:33:49 PM

I'd recommend warpath on the mutant tree after spin tech, fighting is good on everyone.  A bit expensive though.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3197 on: December 08, 2015, 07:21:03 PM

Alright, thanks.

Anything I can do with costumes for heroes I never intend to use? Someone was doing trivia and I won some random costumes.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3198 on: December 08, 2015, 08:05:56 PM

If you level your crafter up enough you can combine 3 useless costumes for a chance at a different one. It can be ANY of the costumes though so it's very RNG. Only worth it if you're sure you're never using those costumes. I think he has to be level 15.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3199 on: December 09, 2015, 06:22:59 AM

That whole "characters i never intend to use" thing might not end up as true as you think.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3200 on: December 09, 2015, 06:27:33 AM

Possibly not, but you can be fairly sure when a costume is something you'll never ever put on.  Some of them are fucking ghastly.

I have an Iron Man Stealth one that I got free from a box and it just looks shite.  I'm keeping it because I never ever get any costumes, so it has rarity for me, but if I had two more ghastly ones, I might consider the transmog.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3201 on: December 09, 2015, 10:35:23 AM

That whole "characters i never intend to use" thing might not end up as true as you think.
Other than synergies, is there some reason to try to level ALL THE THINGS CHARACTERS?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3202 on: December 09, 2015, 10:44:34 AM

Other than synergies, is there some reason to try to level ALL THE THINGS CHARACTERS?
XP bonus

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3203 on: December 09, 2015, 11:39:12 AM

Also, even though you don't know/like a character it doesn't mean you might not like playing a character.  I'm not a fan of the Juggernaut, but he is fun to play.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3204 on: December 09, 2015, 11:48:24 AM

True.  Can't stand x-23 or Venom ;  but damn they're fun.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3205 on: December 09, 2015, 11:48:33 AM

Well you eventually run out of the ones you want and that "gotta catch em all!" feeling starts to take hold.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3206 on: December 09, 2015, 12:01:01 PM

Especially if you're playing and have eternity splinters built-up.  "Meh, I don't care about another 1% damage on my ultimate. Let's try character-X for free."

The ability to grind for almost anything in this game for free makes it really fantastic.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3207 on: December 09, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

It will be a while until that happens, I think. I bought a bunch during the BOGO so I have several I want to play, and several more I got free that I guess I'll play because I have them. After they're all maxed, I'll move on to characters that I have actually heard of who might be fun to play. Once I'm done with everyone who has starred in a MCU movie maybe I'll start buying the random mooks I have costumes for like Captain Marvel.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3208 on: December 09, 2015, 12:40:07 PM

Captain Marvel is super rad, would recommend!

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3209 on: December 10, 2015, 08:39:04 AM

Danger Room is now live; seems pretty cool. The rooms have random affixes like POE's map system. I did the tutorial but died a LOT because our internet sucks at work and I haven't bought a mouse for my laptop yet.

Full patch notes:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/250779/marvel-heroes-2015-1-82-patch-notes

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3210 on: December 10, 2015, 01:26:42 PM

Did a few Danger Room sessions, if you have a geared (and durable) character, go straight to cosmic difficulty.

My Captain Marvel went through three or four Cosmic sessions and died only once inside a 58 challenge rating session that included things like 'You can't use your signature and ultimate' and 'random bosses will spawn for extra challenge!' and 'all enemies are perma-frenzied!why so serious?

Difficulty wise it stresses surviving and utility more then raw DPS. There's no timer, but there is a bonus for staying under X deaths. Slow and steady is often the plan as with XYZ Affix's even the random trash can potentially blow you up if you just dive into it too far. If you can pass the cosmic trial for midtown you can hang in the cosmic sessions (though not all sessions are equal). Having a geared up team-up is also a huge help, spreads the damage around and can help you counter some of the really abusive Affix's. Invulnerability core is another huge plus to have, some of the random hazards can really pile on some surprise burst when you aren't ready for it.

The rewards are top, finally a reliable way to get Relics and Cosmic Teamup gear. Also access to the Red/Blue boxes, but grindy to get them. I like the new uniques and artifacts, some of them seem fairly tailored to make use of the new defense system and the danger room itself. Reward loot from the end chests seems good as well, usually get a few uniques and other desirable things. Cosmic sessions also drop unstable molecules pretty regularly. Averaging like 2-3 per session it feels like.

What I'm wondering is if you are just farming Merits (the danger room currency), is if there is point where doing lower level difficulty sessions at a faster pace is superior to running Cosmic sessions.

The Danger Room is probably going to supplant all other solo content for 60's.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3211 on: December 10, 2015, 01:58:01 PM

What I'm wondering is if you are just farming Merits (the danger room currency), is if there is point where doing lower level difficulty sessions at a faster pace is superior to running Cosmic sessions.

I haven't played it since it was on test about a month ago but back then doing a bunch of easy quick runs was more merits than a hard slog.  It might have changed, i would have to login and ask the guild cause i haven't been around since fallout and the gw2 expansion launched.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3212 on: December 10, 2015, 05:06:09 PM

As a new 60, white DRs are doable while greens are brutally hard; the boss was regularly two-shotting me. I eventually got it, but no survival bonus. I'll stick to whites for the time being, I think.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3213 on: December 10, 2015, 05:14:34 PM

As someone who hasn't played in over a month i jumped into a cosmic with warmachine and got my ass kicked.  Did get through it since there is no losing, but no survival bonus either.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3214 on: December 10, 2015, 05:45:08 PM

It seems like the sessions are designed in a way that just trying to blow past the trash to the objectives isn't enough to progress to the next wave. I tried that a few times on easier sessions to see if running those super fast would net me more merits then running harder ones slower, but I kept completing the objective only to still have like 50% of a progress bar to go.

The Affix's seem to be a biggest factor in difficulty once you pass the 'don't instantly explode' hurdle. The no Signature one was rough, as was the super shitty crit chance one. I haven't seen it yet but there's apparently one that turns off health regen, so uhh good luck with that if you get it  why so serious?

My Magik in a blue session ran into a duplicate boss Affix and had to deal with double electro stacking fields... that was interesting.

My Captain Marvel ran into a all spirit costs are doubled but your basic does 200% more damage and didn't use a basic attack once because Carol's hilarious spirit regen still easily outpaces that debuff.

My X-23 hit a Affix that was like, severely reduced AE damage dealt, but dramatically increased single target damage done and went 'ok' and cruised through that white (or green, I can't remember).

Psylocke did some white/greens without any issue.

The main thing as you move up in session color seems to be:

A) Will you instantly disintegrate?
B) Will this character/specialization deal with the Affix?

So far my Captain Marvel has been able to smash her way through anything thrown at her, which I pretty much expected. She's very well geared and with a larger focus on defense and sustainability then my other characters.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3215 on: December 10, 2015, 06:36:34 PM

I've been running epic/cosmic solo, it's slow but it's at least semi-challenging sometimes. However, the smart thing to do right now is to join/start a group. The content doesn't get harder while in groups, and the mobs are giving more credit while in groups so you clear them much faster by needing 1/5 the mobs. That is how you merit farm for the time being

As for trash vs objectives - unfortunately blowing past the trash isn't always the answer (if solo at least) since there are quite a few quests where the objectives won't fill the bar completely. Then there are some (especially Subway maps) where if your only objective is to clear trash then you sometimes have to wait on respawns because the mob density is really bad.

Sadly, for balance, their answer is still just giving mobs more hp as you play higher tier chips. So it's not even more difficult, just borderline tedious while solo.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3216 on: December 10, 2015, 06:42:33 PM

Pfft, grouping! It's bad enough I have to share Midtown with the peasants  why so serious?

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3217 on: December 10, 2015, 10:38:19 PM

As a low gear, low omega new player, purple and cosmic are just  ACK!
Thanks for making me cry tonight Seg.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3218 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:59 AM

How many 'rooms' do you go through to conplete a DR? I tried one last night. Seemed kind of fun. But had to go off and do something else before the end.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3219 on: December 11, 2015, 06:20:33 AM

Two and a boss.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: