Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 04:49:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  (Read 85507 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #910 on: October 29, 2018, 09:31:33 AM

I have a friend that owns one.  She has low standards, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: October 29, 2018, 04:42:13 PM

You sound like a Honda Fit customer.

(No idea about android auto availability)

This is a good recommendation. I have a couple customers with a newer Fit, and they really like them.

My friends had a fit and at 250k miles got a new fit to replace it. They use it as a mini farm truck/wagon and it holds disturbing amounts of stuff for a vehicle so small. Really nice little cars a lot of usability in them as well and high reliability.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: October 29, 2018, 07:35:29 PM

I like my Fit, but I certainly don't LOVE it.  It is reliable, practical, efficient and drivig it is satisfactory but ultimately joyless experience.

It is the precise opposite of owning a vintage British sports car.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #913 on: October 29, 2018, 08:25:36 PM

I like my Fit, but I certainly don't LOVE it.  It is reliable, practical, efficient and drivig it is satisfactory but ultimately joyless experience.

That... that is pretty damn accurate.

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #914 on: October 30, 2018, 01:42:23 PM

My wife upgraded from her ancient Honda Civic to a Fit last year and loves it. I have to admit that driving it I feel much more like I'm driving a car than her old Civic -- that thing felt like an oversized rollerskate rattling down the highway.

That said, the reason she upgraded was because the old Civic was totaled. And by totaled I mean crushed by an eighteen wheeler that decided that stopping at a red light was optional. She walked away with minor scrapes and a wrenched shoulder. So as far as safety goes, that little rollerskate did well.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: October 30, 2018, 03:06:14 PM

That... that is pretty damn accurate.

Yup it is like sensibility incarnate.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: October 30, 2018, 08:15:23 PM

People that like/enjoy driving already know what they want for the most part, or at least have it down to a couple of choices.

The rest of the populace just looks for something with all the sharp edges of car ownership filed off.

The Fit is neat because it is the most practical thing in its segment while also being one of the most entertaining (if you got the stick, anyway).

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #917 on: November 05, 2018, 12:39:41 PM

I've been led to understand that this is a Honda trait shared across their portfolio.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: November 06, 2018, 02:53:47 PM

Of course it is.  99% of pickup owners own them because they think they are fucking cool.  Why not just say it?  A pickup has to be literally the worst vehicle in which to put either families or groceries.  And minivans have to be better for big people, surely?

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi that is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned.  I use it for my Daily Driver and I also tow a Subaru Impreza to Rallycross events about 9 times a year.  Everyone  I know with a pickup tows something with it, maybe a boat, maybe a camper.  It does everything I need it to do so well that there is no way I would give it up.

"Die of flaming ass cancer you schmuck. No really, die."

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Buying a new car, need some advice  
Jump to: