Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes  (Read 80716 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: June 08, 2011, 09:20:59 AM

I'm getting close to rerolling a char and lvl completely through BF's.  I'll take all this advice to heart.  Are you guys doing PvP on Dimroot or have you been on a PvP server?  I'm thinking a PvP server would be good for this.

I play on Dimroot.  From what I've heard from others, the pvp servers don't really have all that much more pvp on them now that things have calmed down a little.  That may change when the free server transfers occur.  I've also been told that leveling in the WF's is painfully slow, as I considered doing this with a rogue after leveling 3 other toons to 50. 

If you're on Dimroot, I'm on most every evening as Nebu.  Send me a tell if I can ever help or you need anything.  Nerf and Rasix play on Dimroot as well. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: June 09, 2011, 08:18:02 AM

I'm not sure I agree with this 100%.  A fresh 50 faces significant challenges, but you can easily adapt your playstyle to help. 
That only works for people who love PvP.

I only like dabbling in PvP.  If there is a huge imbalance I give up and do something else.  Skill alone will trump my abilities.  Add gear differences to it and there is no way I'll subject myself to that kind of punishment long enough to become even mediocre.

Massive battles and systems designed for balance don't seem to suffer this as much.  In Wintergrasp, when sides were roughly balanced, I had a lot of fun as there was enough happening I could contribute or at least not cost my team a victory.  WAR I had fun as I was competative from the moment I stepped in (when CC wasn't overwhelming -- later tiers sucked before they nerfed CC).

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: June 09, 2011, 08:36:47 AM

That only works for people who love PvP.

Excellent point. 

Rift fails in drawing in those players wishing to dabble in pvp as a distraction.  They will be immediately facestomped by better geared eAtheletes. Tiers in the WF's would be a great solution to ease people into pvp.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
devildog
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: June 09, 2011, 11:26:38 AM

I think this was pointed out many many times to the devs and also to the rr6 players who create the roaming zerg in your wfs. The whole thing seems like a self-defeating cycle. Casuals (sheep) quit playing, log onto lower level alts, or go pve , organized zerg wf ques skyrocket past 15 minutes, zerg starts shedding members due to long waits, endgame wfs start to die down. The only positive out of this i can even attempt to draw is that perhaps the lower level wfs will pick up, prior to the gear grind and endgame specs. The 20-29 tier pvp seems to be fairly balanced team-wise. Chloros are still alive and kicking since their bane is not around yet to remove lifegiving veil 500 times a match. Healing is pretty powerful, but there are a few void knight warriors rolling around that can counter them hard. Rogue specs offer a couple of counters as well. At this point in time i think i'm going to be spending a lot of time on alts in the 10-19 and 20-29 range rather than face the ever expanding que times on my server and the horrible gear grind for end game wfs.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: June 12, 2011, 07:36:57 AM

I'm getting close to rerolling a char and lvl completely through BF's.  I'll take all this advice to heart.  Are you guys doing PvP on Dimroot or have you been on a PvP server?  I'm thinking a PvP server would be good for this.

I'm on Sunrest (rp-pvp server), and can set you up with bags, artificer, outfitter and rune gear.  My armorcrafter and weaponcrafter are both really low level.

My toons are Merrilea and Yolanda. I have a 20 cleric that I am bringing up (really slowly though) through warfronts.  If anyone's interested, let me know.  I'm in a small guild that does a bit of everything, but for me it's mostly a chat channel.  Nice people though. 

Warfront leveling is fun, if what you want to do is play warfronts.  I've only started having fun at 50 in warfronts since hitting r2 and being completely decked out in valor gear, but pre50 was a total blast.  (I did every quest practically on my first 50, and don't have to do that again, and I rift for fun sometimes too).

Sunrest doesn't have a ton of open world pvp, although some are attempting to start some up. 
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: June 17, 2011, 11:28:22 AM

I'll probably take you up on that offer at some point here.  I'm still trying to get through the questing to lvl 50.  I'd like to get a full view of the world map, system, soul system, etc. before I dedicate most my time to PvP.  This is typically how I roll anyway.  I don't want to start over with a new char until I do this.  So, it might be awhile.  If you're still around and active, I'll try to connect with you.

I might get another account this weekend so I can have my boys play along with me.  They like to get into PvP too, so that will help my interest in the game overall.  My daughter will like it but really only for making new chars and messing with how they look.  She'll be very dissappointed with the quanity and quality of the clothing though.  That's kind of her thing.  (She was mad at me for quitting CoH for this very thing.)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: June 19, 2011, 08:45:58 AM

I'll admit to subbing to CoH for a year solely for my daughter to make characters.  That is still the best character creator ever, at least that I know of.

I'll be around for awhile, although it does seem like population is dropping.  I am really enjoying the warfronts on my now 24 cleric, and when I can stand the soul-crushing pwnage by r6 premades, I'm playing my rogue in between artifact-hunting.  Cleric's name is Kandystriper.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes  
Jump to: