Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes  (Read 80494 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: April 15, 2011, 07:17:05 PM

Too much stuff for quoting or even a quick rundown.

Here's a link to a page with more links.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?165691-New-Info-Updates-to-PvP-Souls-Crafting-and-more

Very shortly, I can tell you that:

- They are buffing the importance of Valor. Awesome.
- They are adding more pvp armours and weapons. Awesome.
- They are fixing CC, so you can't be perma-controlled anymore. More diminishing returns, more immunities. Awesome.
- They mention new PvP gameplay with future patches, so maybe we will be able to do stuff other than just battlegrounds. Awesome.

- In expert dungeons, they are lowering trash mobs HP. Awesome.

- Changes so speccing a soul to in full (51 points), isn't completely stupid anymore. Awesome.

- Crafting fixes and improvements, including all new crafting rifts to have more chances at getting plaques. Awesome.

Finally, lots of modifications to all classes/souls. Apparently awesome.
Warriors: More tanking power to Void Knights and Warlords.
Priests: buff to Inquisitor damage, fixes to Sentinel (for those who spend lots of points in it) and Wardens.
Rogues: DPS boosts for Assassins, Bladedancers and Marksmen.
Mages: Nerf to the fucking Pyromancers "Ground of Strength".

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 11:15:58 PM

All look like good changes. I still only have 2 plaques despite having done the master artificer dailiy every day since headstart. I like a lot of the expert dungeon changes. It was inevitable that Pyro PvP was going to get whacked with the nerf bat. Hopefully they leave the PvE side of it unchanged, as it is already Pyro is not that great in PvE.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 04:14:06 AM

The fixes to Runecrafting will be most welcome.  As will rogue dps.  Yesterday I respecced to Bladedancer and the dps is laughably low.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:23:40 AM

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:23:15 PM

The new patch that just hit the test server added a 5th role for 100 plat.

I am the .00000001428%
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:29 PM

swamp poop

Seriously, I have a third role and have no clue wtf to do with it. A fifth? yeah... pass

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 06:49:51 PM

Currently I have a 44reaver/pally/warl for soloing and multiples fights in dungeons, a 44pally/warl/vk for single boss fights and a pally/warl/riftblade for gimmicky tank fights where I need 75% dodge. That's just my tanking specs, I would certainly use a pvp spec in addition to my pve dps champion spec.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 06:56:05 PM

I'd certainly take a 5th role - soloing, grouping, pvp, ooh-look-my-rogue-can-tank and experimentation  awesome, for real

100 plat is a bit steep, but hey.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:36:11 PM

swamp poop

Seriously, I have a third role and have no clue wtf to do with it. A fifth? yeah... pass

Really?

Rogue: Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Bard, Solo Farm, PVP those are all the specs I would like.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 07:44:06 PM

100p IS too steep though, considering role 4 is 21p 5 should be around 50

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:48:36 PM

Or, you know, free, because gold sinks are almost as tiring as inventory management.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:08 PM

Or, you know, free, because gold sinks are almost as tiring as inventory management.

Commie.

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 12:34:44 AM

I would pay 100p in a heartbeat for a 5th role right now, 4 is just not enough.
I have:
51pt archon (that I have to respec for raid/5man every time) [51/6/9 archon/pyro/domi 5man, 51/15 archon/lock raid, as power drain takes charge and needs the uptime, plus 10% extra HP]
sc/lock (experimenting with this because sc/ele mana sucks balls, tempest doesn't seem to work half the time and 20% damg all the time from warlock vs. 50% for like 15s every 2 mins from ele)
chloro/archon/lock 5man healer
chloro/lock raid healer

That doesn't leave me any room for an actual solo spec like necrolock, unless I feel like respeccing shit even more.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 12:49:10 AM

A couple random notes, opportunity isn't that good for Archon, burning purpose has an internal cooldown of 1.5 seconds, you can end up cheating yourself out of procs if you fire off 2 pillaging stones simultaneously. The reason intensify elements is so good is you can stack it with static discharge for ridiculous damage.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 05:26:53 AM

Really?

Rogue: Tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Bard, Solo Farm, PVP those are all the specs I would like.

Guess I am not a serious player then. I stick with assassin and toy around with ranged in rift groups. Fuck bard and the rest. Once shit gets too complicated, I tend to leave. I get my money's worth without the spreadsheeting.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Luda
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 07:15:20 AM

I'm excited about the fifth role... I've been looking at adding an inquis/justicar/cab spec (weird I know) as well as a druid/shammy spec... now I don't have to pick one!

I wonder when the patch comes out.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 07:42:15 AM

Really?

Guess I am not a serious player then. I stick with assassin and toy around with ranged in rift groups. Fuck bard and the rest. Once shit gets too complicated, I tend to leave. I get my money's worth without the spreadsheeting.

Who's spreadsheeting?  Don't be a derp.

If I want to tank, I have one tanking build.  If I'm in a dungeon I'm usually melee dps because it's mostly better.  Some dungeons have bosses that are terrible for melee dps, so I have a ranged build I can switch to.  I have a Bard spec because I mostly raid with that.  I have a Solo Farm build that has a bit more healing in it.  I would like to have a build strictly for PVP warfronts too.

So... yeah.  Obviously I'm a serious player, but I would think almost any person who is at max level and does expert dungeons would have the same type of spectrum of builds.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 07:43:44 AM

Hey, I hear a fifth soul is EXACTLY THE SAME as spreadsheeting!
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:15 AM

As rank 4 in PvP I have only have use so far for 3 roles(I dont do instances, etc)

1)  Bard - primarily healing role.  I play this 90% of the time as it seems PvP never has enough healers
2)  Whitefall Steppes Flag running role.  This is Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Sin - as many run speed / blink escapes and CC as I can get to run the flag from one end of the board to the other as quickly as possible.
3)  Bard w/ survivability which my first role lacks

I will probably dump build 3 when they fix / improve rogues and go with a Sin build or just fork up the $$ for my 4th role, undecided.  I dont see a 5th role happening for me at that price since PvP doesnt make any money(something else they need to fix). 
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 08:14:28 AM

A fifth role is a great idea. Nice to see they're finally getting around to cleric dps.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 08:43:32 AM

A fifth role is a great idea. Nice to see they're finally getting around to cleric dps.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Cleric dps isn't bad, it just takes a lot of work and gear to get there.  Also, the dps spec is pretty much group only. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 10:49:02 AM

Cleric dps is pretty fantastic.  We've got a cleric that can hit 900-1000 dps in almost all raid encounters.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 11:21:48 AM

Cleric dps is pretty fantastic. 
Ohhhhh, I see.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 11:25:15 AM

Hmm it is, actually i'd say it needs a nerf.  At least their ability to put up top shelf dps while also healing.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 12:17:10 PM

Hmm it is, actually i'd say it needs a nerf.  At least their ability to put up top shelf dps while also healing.

From my experience (albeit limited) cleric dps in pure dps spec barely gets over 800 in full T2 gear... with no healing.  I imagine an Inq with some warden spec would have a hard time beating a chloro for simultaneous healing/dps and they'd have to rely on warden hots to do it.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 12:31:32 PM

Nebu hits it. Pre-release it was always better to bring a chloro over a dps cleric (or even a second cleric at all). You get very few heals when speccing for dps. Even before some of the builds that played off synergy with a healing soul, the heals weren't great because you didn't get any of the talent improvements for them, other than some +life stuff.

I can see things getting tweaked for fully geared clerics on raids, which trickled down to your average joe cleric sucking. Dunno, guess I should stop paying attention to this game at some point  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:06 PM

A satyr based druid brings great buffs to a group and does some decent AOE and single target dps.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 21, 2011, 02:24:58 PM

A satyr based druid brings great buffs to a group and does some decent AOE and single target dps.

Yes, but they can't heal much while dps'ing.  That's the point.

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 21, 2011, 08:18:09 PM

Official patch notes:

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 08:45:58 PM

WARDROBE SLOTS
* Wardrobe slots are now available for you to customize your character's look!
* All characters have access to the first wardrobe set (all armor slots) at level 1.
* Additional purchaseable wardrobe sets will allow you to save and swap multiple outfits quickly.
* You can only equip armor of the appropriate type for your calling - Plate for Warriors, Leather for Rogues, etc.
* Additional clothing items will be available in the future, including from new Clothier vendors in Sanctum and Meridian.

!!!!!!!!!

Love Letters

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 08:59:29 PM

So glad to hear that made it in. I figured they'd get it done at some point, but that's sooner than I expected. I was figuring first expansion or six months or something.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:55 PM

PYROMANCER
* Ground of Strength: Now reduces damage received by 20% and reduces damage dealt by 10%.

So they are leaving all the immunities in and just knocking off 10% damage incoming and outgoing?  Weak.  I guess they are counting on the Valor changes to address the PvP burst.

Also wish the Warlord AE pull-in was somewhere remotely attainable instead of 51 freaking points.  I really want to like Warlord but it's still pretty hard to justify more then 10 points into it especially with all the bards running around.  

VK might be neat now though.
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 04:18:16 AM

ASSASSIN
* Serpent Strike: Damage increased. Cooldown reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
* Impale: Damage increased.
* Assassinate: Damage increased.
* Backstab: Additional damage bonus from Attack Power increased to 100% from 50%. Ability base damage increased. Now has a 6 second cooldown.
* Murderous Intent: Fixed a bug where this was not giving the correct percentage increase to physical damage.
* Poison Malice: No longer causes stealth to break when activated.
* Hidden Veil: Reworded ability description.

A little love...finally.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 04:18:48 AM

Disappointed in the nerf to Cadence.  I guess Bards aren't the healing soul for rogues?

Very glad to see Wardrobe and AH additions.  Runecrafting gets fixes so that's very welcome.  It is currently way too bottle-necked with Kinetics.

Marksman buffs are also very welcome.  I like the talent tree changes.

Overall I'm very pleased, but leave Bards alone now OK?  They are a low dps, boring soul to play but I just love it.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 04:55:03 AM

Not healing, support.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes  
Jump to: