Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:28:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes  (Read 79676 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 01:11:46 PM

I would kill for Bard Motifs lasting 5 minutes.  Then I might be able to have fun in combat.  God forbid.

I'd think that the smarter implementation would be for bard songs to result from actions much like chloromancer heals result from dps.  Having people passively buff/heal/debuff just isn't an engaging mechanic. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 03:55:20 PM

That actually sounds a bit more like playing a song as well.  Would rather that they stay away from the "one macro to rule them all" design and had a mechanism that actually made you think about which motif you wanted to trigger.  Maybe make casting one refresh any other motif that was up.  Or make combo of motif being up have some effect (they have a skill tree ability that does this already), so you'd have to put some thought into what you want up/what combo you want up.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 27, 2011, 06:32:52 AM

*delurks*

I'll just put this here to see if we can get things back on track from Bard flaming.

PTS 1.2 ADDITION 1

As a part of the Looking for Group release, there have been a number of updates to instances and item rewards – See below for details!

LOOKING FOR GROUP
* You can now use the new Looking for Group tool to queue for Dungeons, Rifts, or group quests with other players on your server!
* The Looking for Group icon has been added to the main menu tray in the lower left corner of the screen, and can also be opened with the default shortcut key 'I'.
* Select from the group roles available to you based on the roles you currently have saved on your character.
* Queue for specific dungeon or expert dungeon groups, or join the random dungeon queue. Once a group is formed, members will be teleported to the chosen dungeon zone.
* Rift and quest groups formed through the Looking for Group tool are not automatically teleported.
* Queue for group quests currently in your or your party members' quest journals from anywhere in the world and find others also looking to complete these quests!
* Additional rewards are granted for completing a random dungeon through the Looking For Group tool - these can be gained up to seven times per week but are not restricted in number per day, so you can do as many or as few as you like each day of the week up to the weekly cap. Save them all up for one day or spread them out; your choice!
* Additional restrictions based on gear also apply to forming groups for tier 1 and 2 Expert Dungeons through this tool.

GENERAL - INSTANCES
* Expert Dungeon Plaque of Achievement items have all received a power upgrade. If you already have these items, they will be boosted as well!
* Expert Dungeon final bosses are now guaranteed to drop an Epic item. No more finishing the dungeon and getting nothing but Rare items for the whole run. Epic items still have a chance to drop from the rest of the bosses in the zone.
* Some items have been weeded out of the Expert Dungeon drop tables that were very similar to others so you are more likely to see a wide variety of drops. Additionally, some items now drop from different bosses in order to spread out the range of drops available per fight.
* Your instance and raid lockouts are now displayed on a new Instances tab in the Character window.

BOSSES – INSTANCES
* These updates were released in a previous update to the Test Shard. Here is a recap of what has been adjusted and released to Test already. Please let us know your feedback on the Tier1 and Tier2 Expert bosses! We’re continuing to make adjustments to these.
* The health of general population mobs in Expert Dungeons has been reduced.

ABYSSAL PRECIPICE
* Kaler Andrenos: Kaler's Ice Geyser now deals Water damage.
* Expert: Calyx now resets if pulled off of his platform. A blocking wall is also activated at the start of the encounter.
* Expert: Renthar should be less likely to chain high damage abilities on a single target.

CHARMER'S CALDERA
* Gronik: Slightly reduced the amount of power Gronik gains over time.
* Cyclorax now uses mana.
* Expert: Adjusted the encounter space around Ryka Dharvos so the lasers can't be so easily avoided.

DARKENING DEEPS
* Expert: Glubmuk's Poison Bolt should not hit characters fewer than 6 meters from him.
* Expert: Scarn's Wind Buffet no longer ignites smoldering bones.
* Scarn's Smoldering Bones stay on fire longer.
* Incinerator Gerbik now uses mana.
* Non-boss NPCs in Darkening Deeps no longer count toward quests requiring dungeon boss kills.

DEEPSTRIKE MINES
* Kaleida: Reduced the radius of her crystals' AoEs substantially.

THE FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
* Oludare: Fixed the targeting method used by Oludare so he won't turn to face a new target while cleaving or rear-kicking (in the face).

FOUL CASCADE
* Expert: Sparkwing learns to use his ranged abilities. It's super-effective.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
* A number of new Relic quality weapons have been added to Greenscale.
* Prince Hylas: Slightly reduced the absorption amount of Spiritual Barrier.
* Prince Hylas: Modified the amount of damage increased by Avenging Wrath.

IRON TOMBS
* Expert: Players immune to knockback will no longer be immune to Totek's Ancient Fury.
* Expert: Bonelord Fetlorn's Boiling Marrow no longer affects pets.
* Guardians now respawn next to the Messenger of the Vigil.

KING'S BREACH
* Expert: General mob populations have been reduced by a few pulls.
* Expert: Immunity to knockback no longer prevents damage from Konstantin's spikes.
* Expert: Konstantin's Cleaving Strike now has a proper effect radius.
* Expert: Konstantin's Mathosian Fury displays an on-screen warning before use.
* Expert: Players within 3.5 meters of Konstantin receive a 20% damage bonus.

REALM OF THE FAE
* Expert: General mob populations have been reduced by a few pulls.
* Chillblains: Fixed the targeting on the Elemental spawn, which was not working reliably.
* Luddoghan: Made some adjustments to prevent his ground goo from targeting the tank.

RUNIC DESCENT
* Rictus: Adjusted how Rictus uses his abilities and reduced some of the associated stuns and stun durations.
* Expert: There is now a text warning when Eliam gains Dark Fury.

WARDROBE SLOTS
* A wardrobe set's icon can be dragged onto ability bars to create a shortcut for quickly changing your character's outfit (similar to Role icons on ability bars).

RIFTS AND INVASIONS
* Zone and Colossus Events are now easier to find. Zones that have active zone events now have a special icon next to the zone name on the main map. Mousing over the icon will display a tooltip showing the current progress of the event.
* Expert and Raid Rifts now have Achievements!

COMBAT
* Fixed pets losing effects that were on them when teleporting or entering/leaving an instance.
* Toggling auto-attack no longer triggers certain cases of reactive abilities.

CLERIC

DRUID
* Crag Hammer: Increased the damage of Rank 6.

PURIFIER
* PTS BUG FIX: Ward of the Ancestors: The blocker preventing recasting on the same target can no longer be removed by removing the buff.

SENTINEL
* Word of Hope: Fixed tooltip to match the new functionality.
* PTS BUG FIX: Healer's Covenant: The blocker preventing recasting on the same target can no longer be removed by removing the buff.

MAGE

ARCHMAGE [PvP]
* Steelweave: Now correctly reduces only Physical damage received from players instead of all damage.

CHLOROMANCER
* Nature's Touch: Updated ability description to clarify how this works with Lifegiving Veil.
* Lifegiving Veil: Fixed an issue with heals from Livegiving Veil receiving a bonus from Spell Power twice.
* Fixed an issue preventing Corrosion from triggering healing from Livegiving Veil.

PYROMANCER
* Ground of Strength: Now increases all magical resistances by 125, armor by 70%, makes the mage immune to crowd control abilities, and reduces damage dealt by the mage by 10%. This ability no longer has a chance to proc a stun.

STORMCALLER
* Static Discharge: Fixed an issue causing the damage portion to retain the effect of buffs that were active when the ability was cast but no longer active when the damage portion triggered. Damage is now attributed to the person triggering the damage instead of the caster of the buff. Static Discharge now triggers off of damaging spells and abilities and no longer triggers off of auto-attacks.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN
* Slip Away: Should now work more consistently against NPCs.

BARD
* Anthem of Fervor: Will no longer be overwritten by lesser buffs.

MARKSMAN
* ALPHA BUG FIX: Marksman's Pedestal, Sniper's Pedestal: Fixed a tooltip bug where the increased damage with ranged weapons was not displayed correctly.

RIFTSTALKER
* Flashback: Can no longer be used when carrying the Fang of Regulos in Black Garden.

SABOTEUR
* Spike Charge: The Bleed effect from Spike Charge should now trigger Blood Rage on your pet if you have soul points spent in Ranger's Blood Rage.

WARRIOR

PALADIN
* Tip the Balance: Slightly reduced the internal cooldown on Tip the Balance.

REAVER
* Shroud of Entropy: Now shares a stacking group with other damage reduction abilities to keep them from being stacked to unintended levels. It now stacks with Power from the Masses and Imbued Armor.

RIFTBLADE
* Avatar of the Rift: Fixed a bug causing this to increase the damage of Avatar of the Rift's damage shield, Burning Blood, and Elemental Touch by more than was intended.
* Fiery Burst: The damage-over-time component from Fiery Burst will no longer overwrite the same components applied by other Riftblades.
* Burst abilities in general: The debuff component on Burst abilities no longer overwrites debuff components applied by other Riftblades.

VINDICATOR [PvP]
* Stand Off: Now properly roots the Warrior in place.
* Phalanx: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, max range reduced to 10 meters. Now applies a debuff that prevents the target from being affected by Phalanx for 60 seconds.
* Forced Recon, Furious Blades: Now only trigger against players.

VOID KNIGHT
* Fusion of Flesh: Fixed a bug causing this to trigger off of the Void Knight's own abilities.
* Fixed a bug with Reckless Strike, Rift Tap, and Furious Rage, where they were not generating enough threat.

WARLORD
* Fixed a confusing error in the tooltip for Call to Entrench.

ZONES

DROUGHTLANDS
* Ancient Wardstone quests in Droughtlands now with 100% more actual rewards!

IRON PINE PEAKS
* Dabbling in the Forbidden: Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the Ritual Altar to not be usable.

MERIDIAN
* Expert Dailies have been moved to Epoch Plaza and are now given out by Lord Olangdon.

SHIMMERSAND
* Whispering to the Winds: Fixed the second objective for this quest so it can be completed.

STILLMOOR
* Past is Prologue: Simplified how this quest is available - now offered by Donal Sumptor immediately after completing 'Rise and Fall'.

PVP/WARFRONTS
* Black Garden: Riftstalkers' Flashback can no longer be used while carrying the Fang of Regulos.
* The Battle for Port Scion: The stacking buff Sourcestone Empowerment, granted from turning in Sourcestone, no longer reduces damage taken.
* Reduced the favor cost of Cultist's Focus to 8550 Favor. It was previously priced as a 2-handed item.

CRAFTING
* A number of new recipes have been added to the Artisan Stores.
* Blazing Resistance Runes are now Epic quality. Sharp Runes and Accurate Runes are now Rare quality. These recipes have had their ingredient cost adjusted to reflect the updated rarities.
* Minor Catalysts now only drop from Elite or dungeon mobs.
* You can now click on the Loom in Lantern Hook to open the crafting window.

UI/SETTINGS
* The Artifact pane of the Character window now has a built-in search – search for the artifacts you’re missing, or search for the collections themselves!
* You can now click on an artifact or empty artifact slot in the Artifact pane while viewing the Auction House to search for that item.

CLIENT/SERVER
* Bandwidth optimizations.

I must say, after playing WoW for 6 years, DAoC for 3, and various MMOs in between, it's refreshing to see a developer 'get it' and not only respond to community input, but do it at a pace that makes Bliz look like SOE.  Bravo, Trion.

*goes back to lurking*

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:02 AM

I would kill for Bard Motifs lasting 5 minutes.  Then I might be able to have fun in combat.  God forbid.

I'd think that the smarter implementation would be for bard songs to result from actions much like chloromancer heals result from dps.  Having people passively buff/heal/debuff just isn't an engaging mechanic. 

I agree 100%, there are plenty of ways to improve the soul.  I hope Trion picks one of them.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 06:57:38 AM

I'm not sure you can really praise trion for their speed at 2months into release. I'm not saying they're bad by any means but a lot of the stuff they're adding may very well have been in the works pre-release.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:34 AM

Solo play for bards is fine, maybe even a bit overpowered.  Solo PvP for bards is a free kill. 

I have not survived a single solo pvp encounter on a similar-level 1x1 attacker as a ranger/bard or a bard.  Not one.  I have won a ranger/marksman encounter.

On my 36 mage, I have not lost a single solo pvp encounter.  

In all cases, the other guy got the jump on me, because I tend to ignore people and go about my business (although I will gank people in gank guilds no matter their level - yesterday was particularly delicious when the guy said, "hey cut it out, I'm trying to do an achievement" - a member of the most notorious ganker guild on the server).

Regarding the upcoming patch - Trion astounds me on how well they get what the players want.  No hubris there.  I hope that lasts.

I'm sure they had some of this stuff in the works (lfd tool) but plenty in the patch notes look like adjustments.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 27, 2011, 07:25:48 AM

Solo play for bards is fine, maybe even a bit overpowered.  Solo PvP for bards is a free kill. 

I do pretty good even solo as a bard. I have had people jump me in the open field and then between my mezes and self heals I can usually grind them down to the point either they break off or I kill them. If I get in over my head my 0 point rift stalker port with 20 percent in combat movement speed means I am faster than just about everybody else throw in an instant cast mez and running away is pretty easy.

Bards are very fun in group pvp the heals are very useful and the buffs are very useful since a lot of people are dying so fast they are not rebuffing so I have much less problems with buff stacking in pvp. Virtuoso in pvp is just DIRTY. You can totally turn a fight around with that power either by burning the piss out of your opponents or suddenly making the people around you nearly unkillable for 15 seconds.

That said I see peoples gripes in group pve which is really where a bard should shine. Right now the buff stacking issues are a major annoyance. The bard powers and archon for that matter should either stack with non support class buffs or be significantly better than them. You are doing a lot of work to keep the motifs up make them more worth it. Given how short the duration of the motifs are they should stack with anything but another motif.

Bards are going to be a class I think that is going to take a while to find its final niche but I think one thing that will need to happen is their damage will have to be upped. Seeing chloromancers who are in main healer mode out DPSing me is just embarassing. Our damage should at very least be comparable to what chloromancers can do.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 27, 2011, 07:34:08 AM

PYROMANCER
* Ground of Strength: Now increases all magical resistances by 125, armor by 70%, makes the mage immune to crowd control abilities, and reduces damage dealt by the mage by 10%. This ability no longer has a chance to proc a stun.

why so serious?

They still don't get it.  10% damage reduction isn't going to fix things, particularly in pvp.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 27, 2011, 08:16:30 AM

PYROMANCER

why so serious?

They still don't get it.  10% damage reduction isn't going to fix things, particularly in pvp.

But the severe nerf to its effects will...

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 27, 2011, 08:19:43 AM

They're still immune to crowd control while standing in the thing.  That's the biggest issue I've encountered with it.  That and the crazy damage they dish out. 

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 27, 2011, 08:26:31 AM

They're still immune to crowd control while standing in the thing.  That's the biggest issue I've encountered with it.  That and the crazy damage they dish out. 

Is knockback considered a form of crowd control?  If it is, yeah, that's kinda overpowering...

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 27, 2011, 08:39:22 AM

Yep, they're immune to knockbacks. You could dispel the GOS buff and silence/stun the pyro before they can recast, but that has a few issues:
- only a few souls have access to offensive dispels
- those dispels have cooldowns
- you aren't guaranteed to dispel GOS, you can get one of the million HOTs / short duration buffs the pyro has on themselves
- if you DO manage to dispel GOS, they can recast it easily; you have less than a GCD against an attentive pyro to silence/stun him (ie. you need an off-GCD stun or blanket silence or teammates on voice comms).

Now of course the other nerfs may make the pyro more killable while in GOS, but they'll still be a massively durable CCing turret that's relatively easy to heal (compared to a rogue or champion, say).

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 27, 2011, 08:49:43 AM

It was the ability to sit there and dish out massive amounts of damage while taking a lot less themselves and stunning you.  Most mages don't want to sit still while being beat on, the crown control immunity only helped because they were so hard to kill in the first place, most people would rather just kill them than cc.

I am the .00000001428%
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #83 on: April 27, 2011, 09:43:29 AM

It was the ability to sit there and dish out massive amounts of damage while taking a lot less themselves and stunning you.  Most mages don't want to sit still while being beat on, the crown control immunity only helped because they were so hard to kill in the first place, most people would rather just kill them than while they are cc'd.

FIFY
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #84 on: April 27, 2011, 05:08:03 PM

Removal of the stun proc is really the key - the immunity to cc kind of sucks as an opponent but the pyro is essentially self rooted and they're not immune to interrupts. It was the proc that wasn't on DR that was causing all sorts of problems.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 27, 2011, 05:53:49 PM

I think the nerf is about the right severity, but only time will tell.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:01 PM

I think the nerf is about the right severity, but only time will tell.

I think they should let knockbacks through, myself. It not only seems thematically/practically appropriate (how do I stop this mage from benefitting from this awesome ground effect? I knock him away from it), but knockbacks are a) relatively uncommon and b) generally give the mage more of a chance to react in comparison to stuns, silences, etc., so as to avoid the cc-and-slaughter effect that the ability is presumably mitigating against.

(I say presumably because I haven't gotten my Mage past 25 and she still dominates PVP without ever casting a Ground spell. I understand that the damage output flattens out a little more later on.)
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #87 on: April 28, 2011, 04:43:06 AM

It was the proc that wasn't on DR that was causing all sorts of problems.

They fixed the DR issue back around 1.1 - if anything removing the stun proc improves things somewhat as random short stuns just messed up organised CC with DR kicking in.

The damage reduction to armour/resist may be interesting. How much damage resistance is lost in the conversion? - As it was, my little pyro was toast to a good rogue or warrior if they could get to me unnoticed while I sat rooted in my GoS. Then again, I didn't have great gear.

My rogue should be fun with the assassin improvements, though I wonder how much the valor effect increase is going to widen the gap between the geared and ungeared. At this rate, warfronts may be unplayable for new 50s in a few months.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 06:18:09 AM

My rogue should be fun with the assassin improvements, though I wonder how much the valor effect increase is going to widen the gap between the geared and ungeared. At this rate, warfronts may be unplayable for new 50s in a few months.

This makes me very sad. Completely expected since Trion went the gear = win route, but sad non-the-less.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #89 on: April 28, 2011, 07:05:18 AM

I'm not sure you can really praise trion for their speed at 2months into release.
You can. I can certainly point at a few disappointments for me personally in Rift, but Trion's performance is definitely not on that list. Really good team that can move quickly and precisely.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 28, 2011, 07:51:08 PM

Evening! Continuing with the overall balance updates for PvP in 1.2, we have some additional info on changes that should be hitting PTS over the course of the next few days. Updates to Crowd Control Control’s role in PvP is a challenging one. Control abiltiies need to be useful, but not dominating. At its core, actually getting to use your abilities is much more fun than not being able to use your abilities, or being destroyed before you get a chance to break out or understand why. Our previous Crowd Control groups were too spread out across too many types to be reliably understandable. With that said, we've consolidated all Control abilities into the following two groups both for calculating diminishing returns and for classifying Control Breaker abilities:
Movement
•Root, Snare, Knockback

Control
•Banish, Disarm, Silence, Fear, Confuse, Mesmerize, Stun

In PvP both groups have a 100% initial application (8 second max), 50% second application, and provide immunity to similar effects for 30 seconds after the initial application. Spells that break CC effects have been updated to either break all movement impairing effects, all control effects, or both. With the addition of Snare to diminishing returns, we've retuned numerous abilities that previously passively triggered snares to make them more beneficial post 1.2. Examples:
•Shaman: Vengeance of the Frozen Earth will only apply a snare if the target isn't already under the effects of one.
•Archmage: Replaced Lethargy with Degeneration - Channels dark energy into the enemy player, dealing Death damage over 3 seconds, and removes a single buff effect from the enemy player each second. This ability is obtained after spending 10 points in the Archmage soul and has a 30 second cooldown.
Damage Reduction Effects After evaluating a lot of balance data, we’re keeping approximately the same amount of damage reduction, but tilting some of the effectiveness out of the PvP souls into PvP gear. The goal is to ensure that both aspects provide a useful benefit, instead of the majority coming from the souls themselves. For some soul combinations, the balance of damage reduction was overwhelmingly coming from the souls themselves.

Templar
•Ethereal Shell: Reduced duration to 5 seconds. Damage reduction has been reduced to 3/6/9/12/15% per point spent. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
•Blessing of the Martyr: Removed the ability entirely. Now gives your damaging abilities a 20% chance to remove 1 buff from enemy players. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 2 seconds.
•Arcane Defenses: Spell damage reduction has been reduced to 1% per point spent.

Archmage
•Ethereal Shell: Reduced duration to 5 seconds. Damage reduction has been reduced to 3/6/9/12/15% per point spent. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
•Steelweave: Physical damage reduction has been reduced to 1% per point spent.

Infiltrator
•Against All Odds: Now triggers from stun/root/disarm, reduces damage by 3/6/9/12/15% and lasts 5 seconds. Once triggered cannot be triggered again for 15 seconds.
•Evading Thoughts: Reduced duration to 2 seconds per combo point.
•Take Cover: AoE damage reduction has been reduced to 3% per point spent
•Ignore Pain: No longer stacks with other powerful short duration damage reduction buffs.

In addition to the above changes, we're placing a cap on the percent of damage that can be reduced by pure damage reduction effects from spells and abilities in PvP. This will only affect PvP game play and is currently capped at 75%. The cap will have no effect on Armor Mitigation, Spell Resistances or Valor as those all occur before pure damage reduction is applied. We'll continue to monitor the effects of both CC and Damage Reduction in PvP, and make additional changes as needed to ensure a fun PvP experience across all souls and level ranges. Thanks for the continued feedback!
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 29, 2011, 12:33:51 AM

I'm glad they realized that they needed to tone down the PvP souls. The difference between a cleric with 15 points in templar and a cleric without any points in templar was staggering, though I'm surprised they didn't go after the offensive talents as well.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 11, 2011, 06:21:07 AM

Managed to get an LFG tool group last night on my fresh new 50 mage. It ports you to the dungeon quickly as advertised and then drops you back where you started when done. In all, it worked well. It could really use an wait time timer. It could probably also use a bit more of a marketing push though. I am not sure all that many people knew about it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 11, 2011, 08:05:15 AM

It could probably also use a bit more of a marketing push though. I am not sure all that many people knew about it.

People know about it.  It just has some bugs.  For example, my 32 Chloro spec mage couldn't queue as anything but DPS, but at 33 Chloro I could queue as a healer.  

I'm a bit disappointed at the dungeon changes.  I ran through 2 T1 and 2 T2 dungeons last night and they were stupid easy. In the T2's, the tank was watching tv through all of the trash pulls.  If you're going to make dungeon trash a trivial encounter, why not save us all some time and just remove it entirely?

(for the record: none of us were crazy overgeared)

-  Mark Twain
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: May 11, 2011, 08:40:38 AM

People know about it.  It just has some bugs.  For example, my 32 Chloro spec mage couldn't queue as anything but DPS, but at 33 Chloro I could queue as a healer. 

There was some weird bug where you couldn't queue for a role unless you had switched to it after the patch. This also apparently bounces you out of queue if you switch to a role that you haven't fully spec'd out.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 11, 2011, 09:28:27 AM

I love the map changes, so that anyone can see invasions.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: May 11, 2011, 09:57:59 AM

This was mostly a great patch.

I am the .00000001428%
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 11, 2011, 10:09:37 AM

People know about it.  It just has some bugs.  For example, my 32 Chloro spec mage couldn't queue as anything but DPS, but at 33 Chloro I could queue as a healer.  

There was some weird bug where you couldn't queue for a role unless you had switched to it after the patch. This also apparently bounces you out of queue if you switch to a role that you haven't fully spec'd out.

There's a specific note that says you have to be 33 or higher chloro to flag as a healer, which is so utterly retarded I don't have words. Most chloro specs are 32 chloro/34 something else.

It's in the known issues post, but it's in the fixed section, as a subnote to another issue, and I think it's by design, which is mildly rage inducing.
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?186147-Update-1.2-Known-Issues
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:11:11 AM by Ard »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:31 AM

I know this is a nitpick, but I really hate that I can't have a piece of gear equipped for stats and have it in my wardrobe slot.  EQ2 and LotRO both did this wardrobe thing better YEARS ago.

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #99 on: May 11, 2011, 11:57:37 AM

Doesn't it just show up anyhow?

-Rasix
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #100 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19:08 PM

I love the map changes, so that anyone can see invasions.

Agreed - I totally love this. As I just started running dungeons I'm not sure about the changes but I will say I was in one of Nebu's T1 runs and it was incredibly fast and easy, possibly too much so.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 11, 2011, 12:37:33 PM

It does.  Imagine if you want the look of your helm and pants but a different pair of gloves and BP.  The wardrobe slots require items in them.  That means you can't have both the visual and the stats of the desired pieces, just one or the other.  Either that or I'm doing something wrong.

-  Mark Twain
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 11, 2011, 12:46:57 PM

It does.  Imagine if you want the look of your helm and pants but a different pair of gloves and BP.  The wardrobe slots require items in them.  That means you can't have both the visual and the stats of the desired pieces, just one or the other.  Either that or I'm doing something wrong.

If you put nothing in a wardrobe slot, your actual equipment shows. So above, leave everything empty except for gloves and BP.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: May 11, 2011, 01:14:17 PM

If you put nothing in a wardrobe slot, your actual equipment shows. So above, leave everything empty except for gloves and BP.

What if I want bare hands and bare feet?  Is there any way to do that?

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #104 on: May 11, 2011, 01:15:55 PM

No gloves, no shoes.  No service.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Preview of 1.2 - Lots of awesome changes and fixes  
Jump to: