Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie day 5 - final regular season day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more eddie day 5 - final regular season day  (Read 8362 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: April 08, 2011, 05:49:00 AM

STANDINGS

TD DIFFS OF NOTE
Alphabet +4 TD
Burntwood Beasts +0 TD

Elfington +1 TD
Hurf +0 TD
Catfighters +1 TD
Skitters -3 TD

MATCHES

Playoffs will be Megrim vs Group1 Wild Card, Avaia vs Group 2 Wild Card.  Good luck!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:51:43 AM

Oh yes... if you are proficient with parsing SOAP with a scripting language (perl, python would be keen) drop me a line.   Looks like I have a handle on this...maybe.

For the impatient stat seekers, you can always view BBM parsed games online: http://94.23.239.117/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/Classement.aspx?id=3541&lang-en-US for example.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:35:13 AM by avaia »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 08:16:28 AM

Sunday aus time is best for me Megrim. Or weeknights.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:29:20 AM

We can do Sunday. I'll log onto Steam at some point then.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:40 PM

So the only hope I have of making a wild card playoff spot is winning by over 4 TD and having Strazos and Brocktoon tie 0-0.

Fuck.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 02:16:25 PM

Well, if any team can win 4-0 it is skaven!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 02:16:49 PM

Not quite sure who Brocktoon is, but they should let me know what times work for them. Saturday night and Sunday afternoon are out for me. If this shutdown happens, however, I am totally open next week.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 03:12:03 PM

We can do Sunday. I'll log onto Steam at some point then.

Cool, I should be around from Not Too Early to A Bit Late, Actually. Might be absent for a bit in the arvo when essendon is playing AFL (4:30-7)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 05:35:08 PM

So to get a playoff place, I need to beat nurgle, and the other two ahead of me need a draw?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 06:25:48 PM

Well you very nearly got your tie. Dwarves win, 1-0. It was a dwarfy game in the first half, which is when Strazos scored. I was still playing a dwarf style game (I always get suckered into playing a bashy game) but was doing a good job of marching down the field. I was slowly getting whittled down, as KOs and injuries took their toll, but just absurdly good dodge rolling made the difference. I'm talking the sort of desperation dodges you do when the game is on the line, dodging through four tackle zones and shit.

Unfortunately (UNFUCKINGFORTUNATELY) I could not make a pass to save my life. It was ridiculous. Make one in a million dodges only to fumble the pass hurts. To make it even worse, the second to last dwarf turn he makes an ill advised pass which lands out of bounds, only to be tossed in at the feet of my elves. A 4+ pass and catch is all that's needed to score; this, of course, does not happen and we stay at 1-0.
Strazos

Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 06:49:34 PM

Pretty much covered. Played smashball offense the first half, marching up the field in an orderly fashion. At the half, the 4 elves that were KO'ed woke back up, much to my dismay (bloodwieser was irrelevant).

Second half, I got distracted before the kick and was forced into a questionable formation, but it didn't hurt too bad. The elves come across the half, but are sufficiently stuffed up around midfield. I manage to bash my way through a double-layered cage and knock the ball free. As I was getting ready to move my runner up (didn't want another dwarf to accidentally push it out of bounds), a knocked-down elf jumps up, grabs the ball, and pulls a quadruple dodge through multiple tacklezones, and barely misses on the ensuing toss. I knock down the receiver, and think I have everything covered, when another elf rises from the pitch for a desperation play, which ALMOST worked. Even with the failed pass, the ball makes its way to the endzone to a waiting elf. Luckily, I manage to get a dwarf both on the ball and the would-be receiver, who is promptly put on his butt. With the ball secure in the middle of the field in my hands, I go for what would seem to be a harmless pass to get some extra SPP...but the ball goes a bit long, a trollkiller (expectedly) misses the ball and it rolls out of bounds. It comes back in at the feet of my dwarf, but also within range of an elf. The elves, agile every one, manage to stand another lineman up to dodge for a possible toss to that same receiver who has managed to dodge away again, but the pass is flubbed and the game is over.

The elves dodged at an amazing 83%, which is crazy considering how much tackle I have.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 06:51:51 PM

Actually assuming they never dodged into a tackle zone, that's almost perfectly average for agi 4 (succeed on a 2+ if you're going to a square with no TZs). Tackle only stops them using dodge to reroll.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 07:24:49 PM

Oh no. I dodged into tackle zones. I think I had two separate moves where I dodged into three or four each time, coming out unscathed.
Strazos

Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 07:48:28 PM

I don't think it would be so heartbreaking for MA if the elves had simply failed the hard rolls, rather than wide-open passes.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 03:49:16 PM

Chaos loses 0-4 to the Wood Elves...

what is this I don't even....
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 04:19:45 PM

Wood Elf Rout  awesome, for real

This was a very crazy game, the ball seemed to be on the pitch more often than in the hand.  The Chaos got off to a slow start, burning a requisite reroll picking up the ball and then getting nailed by an Attacker Down later in turn 1.  This left a nice seam for some elves to scurry through and harass the ball carrier.  The teams proceeded to knock over the ball carrier and pick up the ball, only to get knocked down the next turn, for most of the half.  At one point, the ball dropped out of bounds and was tossed to the far side of the pitch, but elves were on hand before the Chaos could take advantage.  With time running out, the elf Catcher lobbed a pass from a sideline cage to an open lineelf, who managed to avoid getting knocked down and scored on turn 8.

In the second half, the woodies almost blew it when a handoff to a Catcher failed, but were saved by the antics of Roscoe the Minotaur.  Having spent the better part of the first half being a wild animal, he proceeded to fail a 3d block and knocked himself over.  This gave time to recover the ball, handoff to a catcher, and quickly make the score 2-0.  A beauty of a kick landed right in the end zone, and Roscoe started the next turn by failing another 3d block, and then failing the loner reroll!  Elves quickly swarmed through the gates.  At that point, it was desperation mode for the Beastmen, and an emergency pass fell to the ground and was quickly converted to an elf score.  The scene repeated itself for the 4-0 final.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:03 PM

Forgot I had to go out to dinner tonight Megrim. Won't be able to make it. Tomorrow or later in the week I guess.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 10:13:14 PM

Forgot I had to go out to dinner tonight Megrim. Won't be able to make it. Tomorrow or later in the week I guess.

That's all good. I'm coming down with a virus or something, so I'm not particularly well myself. Later in the week sounds good.

Strazos

Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 08:34:14 PM

When looking at some of our stats, I noticed that Celer has somehow played 6 games...

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:04 PM

It appears to be double counting his win over proudft, I have no idea why. He just beat him that bad?

Dug around a little more, individual stats are correct (they only have 5 MVPs each), calendar obviously only shows the one game, but the rankings and match histories have celer vs. proudft double counted. Celer's real point total is 7, lamaros should be in 2nd place with the playoff spot clinched.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:22:21 PM by Ingmar »

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 11:21:03 PM

It was a pretty bad thrashing....
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 07:15:41 PM

Sewer Skitters 3 - Perfectly Average 1

The rats found themselves receiving, sending a gutter runner down the sidelines - but his eyes overstepped his feet and he landed on his ass, missing a GFI roll. Somehow I managed to get the ball back after some tough graft, but not before losing both my 2nd Level Rat Ogre Foxy and a 2nd level Gutter Runner. I thought for sure all those losses would tell by the end of the game but some canny play on my part and some mistakes by my opponent kept me in it. A well-timed blitz loosened the ball in my opponent's end and I ran it in for the first score.

My lack of numbers did tell on the second drive, and sickrubik scored on the stroke of halftime. But I came back strong in the second, scoring two TD's. The second was a beautiful play as I managed to blitz his thrower, have a gutter runner pick up the ball in my half, throw it short to another gutter runner just inside my opponent's half and run to the goal line where he scored the 3rd and final TD to seal the game.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 02:28:06 AM

Hey Megrim, hopefully you're about tonight as I don't know if I will be free the next couple. Message me on steam if you are avaliable.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 04:47:32 AM

Amazons 2, Nurgle 0.

That's deaths. The score line was 1-1.

A perfect result of my season, another draw. Amazon's lead after the first half, but Nurgle shut the girls down in the second and got a late game touchdown. The 2 kills were both rotters, so it's really only just lowering his TV to a better level.

Here's to lots more death's in the finals!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 07:01:17 AM

Huh, that means I slipped up into 3rd place I think. Had I beaten or drawn with the Elfington Elves, I'd have gotten to the playoffs. Never mind, I did beat the Elves. It was the Nurglings and the Dwarves that really fucked me. Damnit.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:13 AM

Amazons 2, Nurgle 0.

That's deaths. The score line was 1-1.

A perfect result of my season, another draw. Amazon's lead after the first half, but Nurgle shut the girls down in the second and got a late game touchdown. The 2 kills were both rotters, so it's really only just lowering his TV to a better level.

Here's to lots more death's in the finals!

I hate fucking side step.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:14 AM

I hate fucking side step.

Me too friend.

Me too.
Strazos

Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 10:10:44 AM

Thirded!

Unless it's on my Runners or Beserkers... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 10:07:13 PM

Underworld Dreams 2 - 0 Alphabet

I'll let Lamaros talk about this one.  why so serious?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 10:24:18 PM

No idea what happened.

Tried to play bashy as I couldn't get first and already had second, but... nothing happened. Played very loosely and didn't over-think things, but just couldn't hurt anything and it seemed that Megrim was just dodging away at will.

Could have scored to level it in my last turn if my Goblin had picked up on 4+ and dodged free with two GFIs, but it was pretty unlikely and he failed the pickup. Megrim then dodged and picked up and threw half the field and caught for perhaps an even more unlikely score to make it 2-0.

Looking at the stats I dunno what... I rolled twice as many 1s from less rolls and more 2s... which I guess was something, and only managed one KO/Casulty total. Inflicted 11 injury rolls from 37... Managed to break armor three times from 12 against his ghouls...

Lost a blitzer in the first half and got one of my block BOs injured (miss next game, even with apoth attempt), and only managed to injure a zombie.. who regenerated.

Only two rerolls didn't help me against Megrim's 4. Apart from that...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:27:20 PM by lamaros »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 08:15:54 PM

Well, other than figuring out how to deal with the weird double counted game in the standings between proudft and Celer, More Eddie regular season is done. I'll let avaia try to figure out how to make the playoffs work right and hit end day himself.  awesome, for real

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie day 5 - final regular season day  
Jump to: