Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl World Cup 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl World Cup 2011  (Read 4506 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: April 06, 2011, 12:03:30 PM

Apparently, there is a Blood Bowl World Cup 2011 competition for cash prizes. You can qualify either by playing in the public league, OR as a private league. Maybe we should consider submitting our leagues to the Cup qualifying?

More details here

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 12:28:25 PM

Please please please do this.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 12:39:19 PM

It appears what we do is submit a league by the 14th, then if it is picked, player signups can start the 18th?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:49:41 PM

What a coincidence the new league needs to start! Falconner, sign us up.

Details at http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=29157

Leagues subscription From the 6th of April
On the 6th of April, leagues will be able to sign in to become qualifying for the World Cup.

How do a league sign in?
Leagues admins will have to send a pm to babfromfocus (Bab will particularly take care of the World Cup, please do not contact him for questions not related to the World Cup).
Here is the list of info league amdins will need to provide:
- Name of the league
- url of the website/forum
- two emails of admins (please also tell whom will be our main contact)
- number of players it will be able to manage
- language spoken on its board (only one)
- If they would be able to manage another freebooters league (read further below for more information)

To become qualifying a league must fit Games Workshop’s IP Policy.

Players subscription From the 18th of April
Once all the qualifying leagues are known, players will be able to sign in the league of their choice

The players subscription phase will begin around the 18th of April. And should last until the 28th of April.

A dedicated section will be opened on the official forum. This forum will display all the qualifying leagues for the World Cup. Leagues will have the choice either to put a link on the topic redirecting to its own forum, or they will be able to lead the inscription in the official forum.

Players will be able to register in the league of their choice.

If a player does not belong to any existing league, we will open a topic called “Freebooters”. Any coach who is not registered in an existing league will be able to register for the World Cup there. Depending on the number of Freebooters we will create freebooters tournaments. Those tournaments will gather 32 players each. They will be ran by a private league administrator. All the Freebooters tournaments will have the same shape: 8 groups of 4 players followed by play-offs rounds.

Caution: Only one registration per player. A player can be registered as participant in the World Cup in only one private/freebooters league. the only exception to this rule is the qualification phase ran through the public league. During this qualification phase anyone can attempt to qualify, even if he has already signed in a qualifying league.

We will then adapt the structure of this forum, it take this shape.
• WORLD CUP 2011
o Rules and Organization
o Inscriptions
 League Approved #1
 League Approved #2
 League Approved #3
 …
 League Approved #20
 Freebooters

On the 28th of April, we would consider the period for inscriptions closed.

Qualification period and organization

At this date, we will ask each administrator of private league to provide us with the numbers of coaches who applied to participate in the World Cup through their league. We will then be able to allocate every approved league on 4 different qualifications tournaments.

We will also split in 4 groups all the players who registered on the Freebooters topic.

We will then, use a structure with 4 qualifications tournaments. The 4 tournaments will run separately at the same time. Each tournament qualifications will have (more or less) the same amount of participants. We will adapt the shape of the forum in consequence.

WORLD CUP 2011
• Rules and Organization
• Inscriptions (closed)
• Qualifications
o Group #1
 League Approved #1
 League Approved #2
 League Approved #3
 League Approved #4
 League Approved #5
 Freebooters Group #1
o Group #2
 League Approved #6
 League Approved #7
 League Approved #8
 League Approved #9
 League Approved #10
 Freebooters Group #2
o Group #3
 League Approved #11
 League Approved #12
 League Approved #13
 League Approved #14
 League Approved #15
 Freebooters Group #3
o Group #4
 League Approved #16
 League Approved #17
 League Approved #18
 League Approved #19
 League Approved #20
 Freebooters Group #4
o Public League Qualifications
 June Qualifications

The forum will have this shape from the 2nd of May until the 31st of July.
On the 31st of July, we would consider the period of qualifications closed.

29 tickets will be distributed to each qualification group. They will be allocated like this:

For Group #1:

Nbr of participants in League Approved #1 / Nbr of participants in Group #1 = R1
Number of tickets for League Approved #1 = 29xR1

Nbr of participants in League Approved #2 / Nbr of participants in Group #1 = R2
Number of tickets for League Approved #2 = 29xR2

[….]

Nbr of participants in Freebooters Group #1 / Nbr of participants in Qualifications #1 = Rf1
Number of tickets for Freebooters Group #1 = 29xRf1
It will be exactly the same principle with Group #2, #3, #4.

For example: If league A has 30 players, and there is 300 players in its qualification group, league A will have 10% of the 29 tickets, which means 3 tickets (2.9 rounded up to 3).

So we have qualified 29 players for each Tournament from the Private Leagues, we will then need to qualify players from the Public League.

Qualifications through the Public League

We will go through 1 round of Qualification on a reset Pubic League. This round will go from the 1st of June to the 30th of June. On the 30th of June, we will have 12 players who qualified through the Public League. We will split this number in 4 groups of 3 players (picked-up randomly).

• The first wave of 3 players will join Tournament of Group #1 and defy the 29 players who qualified through the Group #1.
• The second wave of 3 players will join Tournament of Group #2 and defy the 29 players who qualified through the Group #2.
• The third wave of 3 players will join Tournament of Group #3 and defy the 29 players who qualified through the Group #3.
• The forth wave of 3 players will join Tournament of Group #4 and defy the 29 players who qualified through the Group #4.

We will then start the 4 Tournaments of 32 players each.

Second Phase: Group Tournaments

Each tournament will run separately at the same time. This tournament will take the shape of Play-offs.

The forum will then go like this:

WORLD CUP 2011
• Rules and Organization
• Inscriptions (closed)
• Qualifications (closed)
• Tournaments
o Tournament of Group #1
o Tournament of Group #2
o Tournament of Group #3
o Tournament of Group #4

Now a panel of trustworthy administrators will need to organize (with the help of Focus Home Interactive) 4 Tournaments. The structure should be the same for each Tournament – fair-play reasons. These Tournaments will start on the 15th of August until the 30th of September.

In October, we will try to organize Semi-Finals and Finale playable online in streaming. The Cash Prize of 5 000 dollars will then be displayed between these 4 playres as follows:
- World Champion: 2 000$
- Finalist: 1500$
- Third: 1000$
- Forth: 500$

Of course we keep the possibility to change the dates in order to ease the process for players and for the league admin
s.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:53:00 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 12:52:10 PM

So it does appear as a consequence of doing this we would be opening to gates to the masses. Also Falc would have to let someone else be an admin with him.  tongue

Although I guess if we say 32 players, and we all sign up first...

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 12:54:33 PM

If we have a full league (something divisible by 4), how do you figure that?  I read it as some random 32-person Freebooter league of randoms would be administered by Falconeer but if we fill up the f13 league there's no room for strangers in the 'real' one.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 12:56:04 PM

It talks about having to publish your forum location etc, and "players can sign up for any league they want". But yeah assuming they let signup control still rest in the hands of the admins it should be pretty possible to keep our group together I guess.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 01:21:13 PM

If we throw it open to the masses, fuck that. How is that any different than just doing pubbie games with a thin veneer of organization on top?

I retract my please do this statement.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 01:26:58 PM

If we throw it open to the masses, fuck that. How is that any different than just doing pubbie games with a thin veneer of organization on top?

I retract my please do this statement.

Well the pubbie games have the ratings-based MM which has a tendency to favor certain races. But yeah. I'm sure there will be some clarifying language eventually.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 01:54:34 PM

In order to game the system our way, we would have to ALL be available to sign up right as we open the league, or else pubbies could wander in.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 02:23:51 PM

I don't know where you guys are getting this stuff from.

Nowhere in that post does it say private qualifier leagues have to accept applications from anyone.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 06:41:23 PM

Do this. I want to win money.

And I see no reason to have randoms applying for our group. We would only need to allow that if we can't make 32 players.

Will be interesting to see how many leagues apply. If there are 40 or so then we would be looking at 3 players per league going through to the tournament.

I don't see why we shouldn't do this. We can just have Season #4 as the World Cup season. Only difference is we would have to wait until the 28th of April to begin.

Sign us up Falc!

Name of the league: f13 Season #4 - Road to the Cup
URL: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?board=82.0
Admins: Falc, Huh
Players: 32 (I don't think we can go higher? 36? 40?)
Language: English
Manage Freebooters: No

In order to game the system our way, we would have to ALL be available to sign up right as we open the league, or else pubbies could wander in.

Not at all. The admins (Falc) would still control signups. We would be well within our rights to reserve spots for the f13 players and not do it on a "put your name here first" list.

Needing 32 we would have a provisional list from last season. With anyone not continuing to be replaced by someone else from f13.

AndyDavo
Llyse
Comstar
Lamaros
Krummi
drogg
Megrim
Strazos
IainC
Ramas
IceCream
proudft
Hoax
Ingmar
Brocktoon
Falc
Teleku
Sky
Ruvaldt
aviva
Bann
ezrast
Cadaverine
Ginaz
Kailas
Reborne
Celer
Xuri
Haem
Gruntle
Sir T
Der Helm
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:43:02 PM by lamaros »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 05:23:54 AM

Uhm, groan. This is a pain in the head. I'll look into it later. One thing is for sure, I can't see how anyone of us is ever going to win anything considering there would be Leagues "gamed" to make sure the most awesome team will advance to the next round. Also, as much as I like their effort, I really don't want it to influence our League a bit. Finally, I don't think we can hit 32 this time, and I wouldn't get "randoms from the internet" to fill the role.

So, I am not saying no (I don't like to decide for other people, unless I am doing something that would get me arrested in many States), but I have to spend some time reading all the details and seeing what's the tradeoff here.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 05:28:25 AM

Yeah, I'm still changing my vote to a "no" after thumbing through.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 06:36:29 AM

Remember any teams that qualify are going to be tied up for season 5.

This is an excellent scam to get rid of llyse and comstar's dice hacking necros/amazons.

I'm not really fussed, but either way won't be available to play or sign up for anything from 20th till the 2nd - so happy with anything that works around that.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 08:06:45 AM

Yeah after further looking it doesn't seem worthwhile for the league. Maybe a separate world cup league fir those interested.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl World Cup 2011  
Jump to: