Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie day 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more eddie day 4  (Read 5649 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: April 03, 2011, 09:50:43 PM

Two more days to go.  Hopefully I get PROJECT done before the end of the season!

STANDINGS

MATCHES
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:12:05 PM

Great, I play fucking dwarves.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:39:44 PM

Don't worry, mate - pretty sure I won't be able to replace the runner who died last game (no ball handling + low MV!), and DEATHROLLAH has been practically useless so far besides just being intimidating.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:41:33 PM

Yeah the ROLLAH is fun, but ultimately not worth the cost, especially early in a team's development. You really want it to be about the 13th player on the team, so you can control when you use it better.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 04:11:04 PM

Thankfully, that's not the thing that has been costing me games.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Strazos

Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 06:20:11 PM

1 - If someone besides Avaia is around to reset, Haemish and I could use one.

2 - Our first attempt to play ended tragically. I win the toss and elect to receive, lining up my dwarfs for full attack. Haemish kicks off...and is awarded a blitz! His Rat Ogre, hanging off the LoS, loops around to take a swing at a trollkiller. The first attack is a push, but the second half of the frenzy results in a kill - first action of the game! My apoth is only able to mitigate the injury down to -1 STR, but as my dwarfs insist on glory or death, and it's fairly tough to secure glory as a 2 STR trollkiller, I gave him death.

Haemish was also able to put a GR under the short kick, at which point...my client crashed out, and we were unable to resume the game.  swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 06:21:49 PM

I will be home in half an hour or so to reset if nobody else can pick it up first.

Strazos

Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 06:28:43 PM

Avaia has reset. Will edit with a post-op in a bit.

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 06:32:16 PM

Convenient crash that...  why so serious?
Strazos

Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 07:50:21 PM

I tried to resume - you all can blame Cyanide for that one.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Rats v Dwarfs, Take Two.

Haemish elects to receive, and in a sick twist of fate I am awarded a blitz. Nothing great comes of it, but it puts the rats on the defensive a bit early. Rats start to bring the ball up, but then elect to make a dump pass to get the ball more-quickly to the thrower, but it's a scatter throw and a TO. The dwarfs start to make some progress on the rats, knocking out a GR and killing a Stormvermin at some point. DEATHROLLAH finally starts to earn his pay, generally keeping the Rat Ogre out of play (except one play following a both down, where the RO blitzes and takes out my loaner blocker for the game). Eventually, the weak rat-forged armor gives way and the RO is KOed. This really opens up the field for the shorties to wobble their way up the field after the vermin thrower falls while trying to make a GFI to get to a better passing position. The dwarfs finally stumble across the line at the end of the half to take a 1-0 lead into the second half.

Second half, the bashing continues with more KOs and another injury as Haemish takes increasingly risky moves in an effort to get the ball back before the end of the game...and it's not working. With the RO dozing in the box, the rats simply don't have the muscle to stop the stumpy stampede, and the dwarfs score again on turn 16. Rats have the final turn, but nothing of note occurs.

Dwarfs win 2-0. One of the trollkillers is credited with a cas and a kill, and DEATHROLLAH is awarded the team MVP award, leaving him 1 point shy of a level up.

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 08:35:39 PM

The network whatever in this game is a freaking joke.

Timed out for us on turn 14. After lagging all game and taking f-ing ages.

Game hasn't recognized it either way. I was up 2-0. Dunno what to do. So annoying.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:38:21 PM by lamaros »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 08:46:13 PM

I conceded, Lamaros had the game well in hand, would be unfair to make him replay a match he had won no doubt after the turn 14.5 crash IMO.

Strazos

Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:32 PM

Are one of you Aussi or on dial-up or something?

Fear the Backstab!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 09:23:37 PM

That crash really sucked, especially after the game resumed and went all the other way. I made stupid moves the entire game, taking risks I didn't need to, making blocks I shouldn't have and generally just doing stupid shit. Strazos made no mistakes and had he not been playing a dwarf team, probably would have scored another TD as badly as I played. Losing the rat ogre really kicked me in the nuts, as I had nothing to really trouble anybody after that.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 09:33:55 PM

I sense a curbstomping in the force... something about elves...
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 09:45:48 PM

Underworld Dreams 1 - 0 El Oso Quiere Miel

Attached screenshot for summary of game:

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 10:16:36 PM

That's about it.  I had 12 KOs sustained, and 3 Casualties (all casualties in the last couple turns, it was 12 KOs and 0 casualties at one point).

The Undead received and proceeded to stomp elf tail.  I had about 5 dudes on the field at halftime, but one of them was my Strip Ball Wardancer, who actually managed to find a hole in the Undead defense and knock down the ball carrier, prevent the masses from scoring.  There was hope!

A few elves did wake up for the second half, but they were promptly put back under (one by a rock, THANKS FANS).  A failed pickup gave the undead time to close in, so the elves were forced into a desperation pass to a lonely receiver.  The pass worked, but the receiver was promptly KOed.  The undead lollygagged around the goal line, trying to eliminate the entire team, when one lucky lineelf managed to stand up, Dodge, Dodge again, and get a 2d Blitz resulting in a Both Down to pop the ball out in turn 15.  Sadly, the undead just scooped it up without incident and took the 1-0 victory.  Only 2 broken elf bodies remained on the pitch.

The stats don't even look that unbalanced in terms of breaking armor.  I just left too many elves in harms way.  I am used to playing MY undead team, which can't even squish a gutter runner properly...
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 10:43:17 PM

Unless proudft wins his next two, with some decent scoring, this group is decided. Megrim finishes first regardless.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 07:14:28 PM

Not to be outdone by Megrim, I played myself some elves this match day as well...

Elf team got in a KO on the first turn, and another soon after.  A nifty pass on turn 5 put the elves up 1-0.

Second half, the dresses started to tear...

Elf thrower got injured, I think he ended up with -MA after the apothecary roll.  With that nonsense out of the way, the nurgle team proceeded to kill two elves.  Another was badly hurt, and one more hurt himself trying to flee. 

Nurgle scored on turn 14 to even up the match.  I thought of stalling, but given the numbers advantage, I figured it was worth a shot to score early and go for another.   I was able to knock the ball free on turn 16, pick it up, and run in for a 2-1 win.  Nurgle are in the playoffs.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 07:26:23 PM

I really should've just chucked that ball downfield to prevent the Turn 16 score.

-1 MA on my star thrower, 2 Badly Hurt and 2 Dead. Augh.
Strazos

Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:43:19 PM

So...when do the Dwarfs play the battered Elves?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 05:35:05 PM

I started this team with 4 blitzers and 3 rerolls. That's the conventional wisdom.

Fuck the conventional wisdom. I need 4 rerolls!

0-0 Amazons vs Humans. Pouring rain actually didn't effect the game much, but with 6 out of 11 girls badly hurt and 3 of them out for the next game, the Human team was able to always mark the slippery girls. I was generally able to get a hit on the ball carrier, but the lack of rerolls oftem meant it just ended in a push. I also wasted 2 a half of stupid blocks.

I came 1 GFI away from a 2nd half TD...and fell over in the end zone, allowing the Humans to get the ball back...but they ended the game 2 squares short themselves. A frustrating game for both sides..and the end of my playoff hopes I'd say.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 07:02:49 PM

Burntwood Beasts 2-0 over R.C. Strippers.  The dark elves just basically got blocked around into unconsciousness - 3 Badly Hurts and one -1 Str to a lineman when the dust settled.  Roscoe the Minotaur SHOULD have been MVP for never failing a Wild Animal roll, but sadly it was a random beastman.  Well, we have a kicker now.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:07:07 PM by proudft »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:01 PM

Goals For/Against:

Me: 6 - 2
proudft: 5-5

Can't see myself losing by more than 1 with these Orcs, so it looks like proudft needs to win by 3 or more to get second. I'm bullish and don't think it will happen.

Second group is still wide open though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:19:49 PM by lamaros »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie day 4  
Jump to: