Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie - day 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more eddie - day 3  (Read 6095 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: March 29, 2011, 08:09:16 AM

Quick throw together while I play around with some stats crap and a foolish dream...

Matches:

macster vs. Lamaros
Megrim vs. proudft
Ingmar vs. Celer
Brocktoon vs. sickrubik
Haemish vs. Comstar
strazos vs. avaia
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:14:46 PM

2-0 to the Orcs.

After a couple of early injures and some unlucky skulls the Dark Elves were up against the wall, and stayed that way for the rest of the game. Many were knocked out, injured and booted off the pitch. The Orcs could have scored a three but were foolish in the first half, accidentally going for a GFI block before running the ball in and failing the GFI with a reroll.

No one was killed, but a smashed hip and pinched nerve might wear down a couple of players.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:43:09 PM

Is there a way to get in touch with sickrubrik?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 01:45:57 PM

He does have a forum account here, and Steam messages work, but I believe he's out of town til the 6th-ish.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:42 PM

That'd be why he's scarce on Steam. I can hook up with him then, I guess, though that's going to put us outside of the week long window, right?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 07:44:22 PM

That'd be why he's scarce on Steam. I can hook up with him then, I guess, though that's going to put us outside of the week long window, right?

I'd try emailing him.  I know he talked about trying to bring a laptop, but no clue if he did.  He should at least have email on his phone.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 07:54:11 PM

Dwarfs go down 1-0 to the Nurgle.

Dwarfs receive, and stall out on their drive in the first half. DEATHROLLAH is again of marginal use, at best.

Second half, Nurgle makes a slow grind up the pitch. Dwarf armor holds up well, but whenever it breaks, it breaks hard - 4 total breaks, 1 KO, 3 cas, two of which are deaths (one changed to out next game by Apoth). Dwarfs try hard to stall and hold on to the tie, but a Nurgle beast is able to make a GFI with no rerolls for a turn 16 score.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:54 PM

Nurgle 1, Dwarves 0.

Strazos got the kickoff and I played conservatively, trying to keep away from the damn deathroller.  Overall, a pretty big mess around midfield is the sum of the first half.  Around turn 7 my beast managed to put down the deathroller for the match (casualty), and I knocked out the ball to make sure he couldn't score.  I think I surfed a dude in turn 2 or so, and I'm not sure he ever came back.

Second half kickoff landed on the sideline, and then much to my delight bounced out of bounds.  Much more slow play on my part in the second half, slowly moving towards midfield.  Some time about turn 12, things got weird.  I killed his Guard dude, but the apothecary turned that into broken ribs.  No free rotter for me.  Couple of turns later, the same warrior killed his runner, this time netting me the new player.  I kept on placing my ball carrier close enough that he could still be blocked, but so that I would still have 2 die blocks to free up the ball.  A dwarf blitzer got a bit crazy after I made my break for the goal line, inflicting injury on a rotter (decay resulted in two Badly Hurts, no complaints here) and a pestigor, who managed to make his regen roll.  On turn 16, with no rerolls, I had to make a 2 die block to free my runner, and then a single GFI for the score.  

Not a hell of a lot of speed on the pitch this match.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 04:07:46 AM

What fucked up wormhole have I fallen through where Nurgle is undefeated.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 07:11:23 AM

What fucked up wormhole have I fallen through where Nurgle is undefeated.

Welcome to Awesomeville, population 1 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 02:33:40 PM

Nurgle is fucking annoying as shit to play, with or against. My rats couldn't block for shit against them after the first few turns, and even dodges were going wonky.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 02:37:05 PM

I always forget what disturbing presence does until after the first ball I throw goes sailing out of bounds.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 03:03:54 PM

High AV, ST, Regen, and whatever else the Beast does = annoying to play against.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 07:40:43 PM

Underworld Dreams 2 - 0 Burntwood Beasts.

Very manly game. Lots of hitting each other. Some very nimble goats as well.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:38 PM

SOMEONE STOP THE UNDEAD  ACK!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:16 PM

Let me at him!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 09:10:11 PM

Running up sidelines to score = bad idea vs. someone competent at crowdsurfing.  Didn't get injuries that way, but I got undermanned real fast and THEN the bashing injuries came in. 

But I have a Claw Minotaur, a Block Chaos Warrior, and a third Chaos Warrior now, so look out, whoever's next.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 09:53:19 PM

I rolled doubles and got block on my Troll too... :)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 04:53:14 PM

OMG.

That was a drama filled and hilarious game. Pitch invasion that stuns 4/5s of the rats! A last turn TD foiled by one failed GFI! A Rat Ogre that dodges into THREE tackle zones!

1-1 Amazons vs Rats. I got SO close on the last turn too. The rats had a chance to get a TD too, though it involved a block, dodge, GFI, pass, catch, dodge and 2 GFI's. The failed on the block.

When there was only 2 rats standing after the pitch invasion I got too overconfident and spent more time trying to foul than get a TD. I paid for that mistake with a draw and a thrower out for the next match.  I really should have picked a stating team with 2 blitzers and 4 rerolls instead.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 04:57:23 PM

That was the craziest fucking game I've ever seen. I should have lost that game twice in the 2nd half, but Comstar got overconfident and didn't immediately secure his 2nd TD. As a result, Nuffle slapped him in the face with a both down block result. The Rat Orge pulling off a blitz into 3 tackle zones along the sideline was just fucking crazy magic. He managed to push the Ho into the path of my thrower, who knocked her out of the game (and out of bounds), letting my gutter runner pick up the ball in his own endzone. Of course he failed a dodge and got KO'ed but in the process, lost the ball out of bounds, dropping it into the path of an linerat. Even still, Comstar got the ball back down 1-0 with a turn left, but to score that turn required a GFI... which he failed. That seriously was just a bonkers game, but illustrates what's so fun about Blood Bowl - you never know what the fuck's going to happen.

A 1-1 undeserved draw for me.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 05:13:55 PM

Norse squeak one out 2-1 on the last turn vs. the wood elves UI.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:07:29 AM

That last move hurt, and I still don't quite understand what I clicked to make it happen.  But it was the little things earlier in the game that really did me in... trying to leap and blitz in the same turn failed me twice, lots of free hits given on my poor lineelves.  There were at least 2 specific points in the game where I had my moves all planned out and thought you'd left me a big opening, but then with your last move or two you totally blocked me and I had to start planning from scratch.

Looking forward to some undefeated Undead action!  Given how much I sucked at playing Undead, I will cry if I get stomped.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie - day 3  
Jump to: