Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Camelot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camelot  (Read 9693 times)
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:18 AM

Starz site with preview.
A new series starting on Starz this Friday. After the DRILLING AND MANLINESS that has been Spartacus I'll be checking this out. It looks like they aired the pilot on the 25th already, did anyone catch it?

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 10:02:30 AM

Was going to watch this on Netflix, however with that change coming up of 90 days behind air, I may miss it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 10:11:18 AM

Well, I hope I can find a way to watch it.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:52:12 PM

I caught the preview.  It was passable.  It did fall short on the boobs and blood, but the writing and acting were certainly decent.  I'll probably be watching it.

Why don't you try our other games?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:51:08 AM

I was excited about this when I heard of it several weeks back.  Then I watched the trailer on the Starz website and aside from noting that Eva Green and Claire Forlani are in it, I was fairly unimpressed.  I'd rather just watch Excalibur again.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:45:55 AM

I saw the pilot.  It's pretty poorly acted and feels cheap.  All the actors were really hamming it up.  Felt a little like Spartacus at first, where everyone's still feeling out their roles, but I don't have as much confidence that they'll right the ship.

But, you do see Eva Green's boobs.  So, there's that.

-Rasix
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 10:15:41 AM

The Excalibur version:

The king without a sword! The land without a king!

Remarkably clean nude people who've been boinking in the forest!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 09:22:57 AM

I liked Morgan.

Otherwise, it seemed like ten minutes of stuff happened. Was kind of meh.

Plus I kept waiting for Merlin to tell us he's an alcoholic, who's wife is going to cheat on him in the future.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:22 AM

On netflix, or has the delay happened yet?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 09:26:01 AM

Dunno, I eztv'd it.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 01:20:58 AM

Not a mind blowing start but still promising. There seems to be ample opportunity for intrigue, mindless violence and medieval bravado here.

Though, while watching, every time somebody uttered the word Camelot this scene started playing in my head.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 05:41:46 AM

90 day delay for Netflix for all Starz programs now. You won't get to see it there until July.

Why? Oh.. I dunno...

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 06:49:07 AM

Doesn't remotely come close to recreating (even a stylized) period flavor the way Spartacus did.

This is a muddled Robin Hood with boobs.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 03:13:59 PM

90 day delay for Netflix for all Starz programs now. You won't get to see it there until July.

Why? Oh.. I dunno...

They are really really stupid if they believe people will pay for Starzplay.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 04:10:36 PM

Executives want a piece of that streaming money Netflix is making.  Considering they're a pay channel to begin with It's not surprise they think folks will pay for streaming premium.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 07:46:56 AM

After watching four episodes, this series is just not cutting it with competition like Spartacus and GoT. The acting is atrocious, story is boring, there's no cool over-the-top action. There's really no reason to watch this. I thought the actors in Spartacus were bad at first, but your random teenager models clearly have them beat.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:57 AM

James Purefoy would have made a great reason to watch, too bad they went and blew that right on the first episode.

I am the .00000001428%
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 04:13:22 PM

The two Spartacus shows were the best TV I've seen so far this year.  This sounds gooey, but whenever I watched an episode I was transported to ancient Capua.

Haven't bothered with Camelot.  The previews looked like shite.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 06:28:38 PM

Many of you are fucking insane. It's not quite as good as the first Spartacus series grew into being, but it's better than the second Spartacus and facors better than fucking Game of Thrones. And if you think I didn't like Spartacus, go read the thread and see who was trying to convince all you tards it was a good show. This show is going to end up being better than it was if it grows at the same pace. Granted, Eva Green helps a lot.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 04:50:51 AM

Oh god, this last ep was horrible. A plot you could see through from the moment it formed plastered up by cliché upon cliché until the giant heap of overused crap it was imploded on its own lack of creativity.
There must be some good writers out there. Find them, pay them. Make something interesting.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:41:43 AM by lac »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 10:50:45 AM

Many of you are fucking insane. It's not quite as good as the first Spartacus series grew into being, but it's better than the second Spartacus and facors better than fucking Game of Thrones. And if you think I didn't like Spartacus, go read the thread and see who was trying to convince all you tards it was a good show. This show is going to end up being better than it was if it grows at the same pace. Granted, Eva Green helps a lot.

The opening credits of a game of thrones are literally more interesting to watch than this pos show.

I am the .00000001428%
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 06:06:51 PM

Episode 5 was horrible.  It pretty much ruined any potential I saw in this show before.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:19 PM

How do you fuck up a show with Eva Green in it? 
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 08:44:19 PM

How do you fuck up a show with Eva Green in it? 

Have the rest of the cast be outacted by your average old navy ad?  I only could stand 2 episodes before turning it off to rewatch excaliber.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 01:13:56 AM

I've been watching and enjoying this show from the beginning. I really don't understand all the rage it's bringing out in people. But I'm a big fan of Arthurian legend and it's nice to see it told more or less properly for a change after the horror that is "Merlin."
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 07:25:48 AM

I've been watching and enjoying this show from the beginning. I really don't understand all the rage it's bringing out in people. But I'm a big fan of Arthurian legend and it's nice to see it told more or less properly for a change after the horror that is "Merlin."

It's fine. Some people like it, some people hate it. I actually saw one guy in a review mention that they totally screwed up historical accuracy in this project. In an Arthurian legend.  Facepalm

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 08:39:14 AM

I don't mind the show, but I really don't care for Morgan's story at all (also, I had no idea who Eva Green was before watching this). She comes off as a whiny, spoiled brat who literally needs to be hand-held through every decision by the nun.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:00 AM

I love the story of King Arthor. Oh let me put it this way I love the story of KING ARTHUR I don't get the fascination with making him a sniveling child as the premise and attempt to woe me over by slowing not convincing me this guy should lead anything beyond a couple of farm sheep. God it had smallville vibes all over but with non of the goods ones.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 08:13:19 PM

Apparently this just got added to Netflix instant streaming a couple days ago. Guess I will give it a gander.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 09:06:53 PM

Eva Green's norks. That is all.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:02 AM

This show is great, seeing this side of Merlin is compelling, I really enjoy seeing a side not really told before, a more tainted, human, Merlin. Camelot was HIS dream, seeing how much of his humanity and mind he has to chip away at away to make everything happen is very interesting.

And yes, I agree with angry.bob, some of you are insane to hold GoT as a better show.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 10:39:33 AM

Tried watching some of this show....it seems pretty bad.  Granted, I was watching some middle episode, so I should probably give it a try from the start.  But what I saw doesn't really inspire me to make the effort.
And yes, I agree with angry.bob, some of you are insane to hold GoT as a better show.
That was an old post.  Here is a slightly less old post he made in the GoT thread.   awesome, for real
Indeed, the show has gotten much better. It saddens me that Camelot on the other hand has gotten so much worse. Minor points but problems with the show:

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 10:47:43 AM

It doesn't matter anymore. The show is cancelled.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 10:56:12 AM

I watched half of the first ep.  I will keep watching for now.  Morgan is hot.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 12:49:30 PM

I watched half of the first ep.  I will keep watching for now.  Morgan is hot.

Guinevere I think you mean.

It doesn't matter anymore. The show is cancelled.

God dam it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:52:25 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Camelot  
Jump to: