Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1116136 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #700 on: May 17, 2011, 07:20:08 AM

I like the TV show scene better than what went down in the book.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #701 on: May 17, 2011, 10:20:18 AM

Quote from: George RR Martin
"It has come to my attention that a number of television viewers (mostly those who had not read my books and did not know what was coming)were shocked and upset by what befell Sansa's direwolf Lady at the end of the second episode of HBO's GAME OF THRONES.

Good. I mean, that was kind of the point.

But some people were reportedly so shocked and upset that they wrote angry blogs about it, and even declared that they would not continue watching the show.

Not so good. Obviously, I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't know if any of those people are reading my Not A Blog. But in case they are, perhaps it will make you feel a little better to know that Zunni, the Northern Inuit who played Lady, is alive and well, and has been adopted by Sophie Turner, the lovely young actress who plays Sansa in the show. We didn't really kill her.

(Rhodri Hosking, the young actor who played the butcher's boy Mycah, was not actually killed either, though oddly, no one seems quite so upset about him)."

Heh.

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #702 on: May 17, 2011, 12:25:35 PM

And again, ratings on the (slightly) rise!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/17/game-of-thrones-ratings-climb/

Once again, HBO’s Game of Thrones ratings hit a season high Sunday night, climbing to 2.6 million viewers for its premiere airing.
Combined with its encore, Thrones was up to 3.3 million viewers for the night, with the show averaging 8.1 million viewers per episode across all platforms. After a somewhat middling premiere performance followed by a steady second episode, this is now the third week in a row Thrones ratings have gone up. And given the show’s storyline is picking up the pace for a dramatic second half of the season, these numbers could continue rising and turn Thrones into a bona fide hit. Intensely serialized shows like Thrones rarely climb like this, and when they do they tend to become titles that have healthy lifespans.

While, as you know, Season 2 already got the green light, steady and increasing ratings could also convince the HBO big heads to increase the budget and maybe (just maybe), increase the number of episodes as well (I'm thinking 12-13 max.), something that could mean even more great things for the show.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:35:11 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #703 on: May 17, 2011, 02:01:56 PM

Once again, the 'made for TV' scale really galled me.

That is my only real complaint so far, so many scenes seem smaller/less epic than they should. The tournament looked like some renfair sideshow. I've never seen a proper King's Landing scene that felt like it was a huge bustling city, it feels like a few courtyards and some interior sets thrown together. In the scheme of things it's kinda nitpicking though, I'm really enjoying the series.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #704 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:05 PM

Arrested Westeros

What happens when Game of Thrones meets Arrested Development

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #705 on: May 17, 2011, 02:43:05 PM

Once again, the 'made for TV' scale really galled me. The Ned/Jaime fight looked like it was done on a playhouse stage FFS.

It looked like those swords actually weighed something.
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #706 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:57 PM

Quote from: George RR Martin
"It has come to my attention that a number of television viewers (mostly those who had not read my books and did not know what was coming)were shocked and upset by what befell Sansa's direwolf Lady at the end of the second episode of HBO's GAME OF THRONES.

Good. I mean, that was kind of the point.

But some people were reportedly so shocked and upset that they wrote angry blogs about it, and even declared that they would not continue watching the show.

Not so good. Obviously, I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't know if any of those people are reading my Not A Blog. But in case they are, perhaps it will make you feel a little better to know that Zunni, the Northern Inuit who played Lady, is alive and well, and has been adopted by Sophie Turner, the lovely young actress who plays Sansa in the show. We didn't really kill her.

(Rhodri Hosking, the young actor who played the butcher's boy Mycah, was not actually killed either, though oddly, no one seems quite so upset about him)."

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #707 on: May 18, 2011, 10:08:35 AM

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #708 on: May 18, 2011, 10:09:20 AM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #709 on: May 19, 2011, 01:50:16 AM

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: May 22, 2011, 05:36:44 PM

15 minutes to go...

Can't wait for the rightful king of Westeros to get his Golden Crown (name of the episode), at last.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #711 on: May 22, 2011, 07:38:36 PM

Tyrion listing his crimes = so much fucking win.

I am the .00000001428%
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #712 on: May 23, 2011, 06:56:01 AM

6 and 7  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #713 on: May 23, 2011, 07:57:04 AM

I continue to be surprised about how fast they are moving the plot along.  It actually feels like they're going to get to the end of Book 1 before the season ends at this rate (4 more episodes).  Not sure if that means it will bleed over into book 2 a bit.  Still, I've been enjoying it so far, and the last episode delivered.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #714 on: May 23, 2011, 10:36:51 AM

Definitely getting better. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #715 on: May 23, 2011, 10:41:43 AM

Ugly? You need new eyes. Pity about the pace, could have done with a 14 episode season to pack the good stuff in. A solid episode, back up after a weak one in the 5th.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #716 on: May 23, 2011, 10:53:50 AM

Seriously this show needs to be 2 hours long. Not having read the books but I can defiantly watch another two hours of this show every sunday. It has a spartacus feel to it, where the plot seems to just sprint and before you know it the episode is over and you had 5 episodes worth of plot dumped on your lap with this drug addicted desire for more.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: May 23, 2011, 11:46:19 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #718 on: May 23, 2011, 11:53:08 AM

Plot really zips along in episode 7, not sure what people who haven't read the books are going to think.  Now I have to wait 2 weeks to see 8.
WayAbvPar

Reply #719 on: May 23, 2011, 11:55:52 AM

That was bugging me...I knew I recognized her from something. Now I pray they filmed the hot steam pools scene, because she appears to be quite ...buoyant.

I was disappointed they didn't have the direwolves take out some of the brigands/wildings, but apparently the dogs were tough to work with when the horses were nearby so they had to scrap that plan (or so I have heard).

Definitely a lot of differences/shortcuts from the books, but I am really enjoying the show in its own right. Peter Dinklage is smugging his way to an Emmy nomination imo.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #720 on: May 23, 2011, 12:02:06 PM

I had no clue she was Tonks.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #721 on: May 23, 2011, 12:05:27 PM

They did do a good job uglying her up.  Specially her teeth, everything else is fixable with a long bath and a strong hair brush.

I am the .00000001428%
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #722 on: May 23, 2011, 01:21:10 PM

Uhm, did I muss anything in the books? Renly and Loras? Being gay? With each other? And no one even mentions it here?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #723 on: May 23, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Uhm, did I muss anything in the books? Renly and Loras? Being gay? With each other? And no one even mentions it here?

You missed about 75,000 tons of subtext, yes. That said I don't think it is ever spelled out explicitly. Scenes like the one in the show weren't in the book because neither Loras nor Renly are POV characters. It is heavily implied, in any case.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
WayAbvPar

Reply #724 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:19 PM

I am honestly shocked at the number of people for whom their relationship has been a revelation. I am not always the most astute at picking up nuances in novels since I tend to read so fast, and even I couldn't miss it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #725 on: May 23, 2011, 01:55:11 PM

It's the cock-sucking, right ?  It's always a giveaway.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: May 23, 2011, 01:59:12 PM

It was so obvious several characters throw it right in his face.  When Renly brags to Stannis that Margaery came to him a virgin Stannis responds "in your bed she is bound to stay that way", and Jamie threatens Loras to shove a sword so far up his ass not even Renly could find it.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #727 on: May 23, 2011, 02:14:24 PM

Watched the latest and, yes, it gets better and better.

I didn't think I'd end up liking it this much, but what the hell.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #728 on: May 23, 2011, 04:55:25 PM

Seven Hells, the seventh episode is simply fabulous, makes the sixth one look like amateur stuff. AWESOME  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #729 on: May 23, 2011, 06:12:39 PM

It was so obvious several characters throw it right in his face.  When Renly brags to Stannis that Margaery came to him a virgin Stannis responds "in your bed she is bound to stay that way", and Jamie threatens Loras to shove a sword so far up his ass not even Renly could find it.

Pretty much every comment with SPOILERED about Renly also adds to the joke.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #730 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:42 PM

Ok, why are some people calling the last episode 7?  From everything I can tell, its episode 6.

-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #731 on: May 23, 2011, 09:05:42 PM

Episode 7 is available on HBO GO which is its new online service.  I'm holding off as I don't want to have to wait two weeks between eps.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #732 on: May 23, 2011, 09:51:24 PM

Indeed, the show has gotten much better. It saddens me that Camelot on the other hand has gotten so much worse. Minor points but problems with the show:

1) Needs more tits.
2)

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #733 on: May 23, 2011, 11:08:16 PM

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #734 on: May 23, 2011, 11:50:11 PM

-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: