Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie - day 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more eddie - day 2  (Read 8133 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

First off, day 1 awards!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Player of the day: Blokus, Pestigor of The Die... 2 TDs, 1 cas, 1 KO.  Voters seemed willing to forgive the 2 failed pickups at the end of the match for what should have been his third score.
Bastard of the day: Tie.  Foxy, Rat Ogre of Sewer Skitters with 2 casualties, and Mr. Know It All,  Lineman of the Blue Collar Tweekers with a kill.
Special Daily Award: Crazy ass ending to the Alphabet/Burntwood Beasts match.

Please remember to upload your replays to BBM!

Standings

Day 2 schedule

Let me know if anyone doesn't have a contact for their opponent and I will facilitate as best I can.  Steam group should also be helpful.

Edits: christ.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:52:08 PM by avaia »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 09:24:17 PM

Who the heck is Sikrubik?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 09:25:30 PM

Ditto for macster.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 05:31:16 AM

Com, I'm basically good any time. Eastern time.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:48:50 PM

Nurgle 2, rats 0.  Rats took out a couple of rotters early, who then proceeded to decay themselves out of the next game as well.  Rat ogre was feeling powerful after throwing a fit for a couple of turns.  The rats had a passing lane open, but their thrower took a step too far (or not enough, I don't recall) and entered a double foul presence area.  Launch failed, pestigor picked up the ball and scored on turn 7 after a bit of a scrum in the middle of the pitch.

2nd half, the Beast KOd that rat ogre, and things only got worse for the rats after that.  Haemish had some terrible rolls, and I was able to go in for a second score.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:51:18 PM

I had terrible terrible ideas in the first half, but the second half, the rolls just destroyed me. Even when all I need is a pushback, I get attacker down. UGH.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 05:16:01 PM

Well that hurt. 4 Badly Injured, 1 -1MA Lineswomen, 1 Dead Blitzer and 1 TD to lose to 2. High Elves win over Amazons.

I think 90% of GFI's failed for both sides in the 1st half, and all mine on rerolls too boot. The High Elves used their better agility to dodge just as much as the Amazon's did, and their superior armour caused many more girls to go out of the match than they took in return. I got some good plays off, but the Elves were always having slightly more players on the field and made few mistakes. Only once did they did leave a hole to slip through, and that still required two dodges into a tacklzone to get through.

I haven't played many Elvish teams apart from Dark Elves, and the way they were able to pass the ball around meant my defence mattered little. At the same time, they covered the thrower well, and I didn't have the spare body to cover the catcher deep in the field like I normally would. To add injury to insult, one of my Blitzers got killed on the (pointless) last turn of the game. The two skills ups I got at the end barly cover the pain my team took.

With the High Elves now 1-0-1 and the Amazons 1-0-1 the field is wide open for group 2. The nurgle team is well placed to be able to beat the agile teams.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:18:03 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Strazos

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

So, I still have not heard back from my opponent... Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 05:20:25 PM

I can bug him for you, I see him in IRC every day.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 05:22:25 PM

I really can't do justice to just how odd this was. He's not kidding about most of the GFI rolls failing, even on rerolls. Then there was this stretch of two or three turns where every other block was a KO or injury. Easily in the top five bloodiest matches I've played.

Comstar really made a game of it, though. I blew some coverage on a blitzer that I was absolutely convinced was harmless, which led to a solid score on the Amazons' part. At the end of the day, though, there was no way to compensate for having only five players on the pitch. I blew a long bomb in turn 13 and an Amazon grabbed the ball, looking to score, but numbers forced the fumble and the second pass attempt went through.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 07:12:29 PM

I think this last match between Comstar and I got counted twice in BBM. I'm showing too high stats and a 2-0-1 record.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 07:50:05 PM

That happens when both people submit it, I'll delete one.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:17 PM

Welp, the Undead add two scalps to their collective belts after a crunch-tastic game against the Dark Elves. Adding to the hilarity was the fact that the dead player came onto the field in the second drive, and in his eagerness to prove his worth - killed one of his former teammates.

Underworld Dreams 2 - 0 R.C. Strippers

(In all seriousness though, bad luck about the deaths macster. DE players are a pita to replace)

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:21 PM

Pretty bloody game day so far.  ACK!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 09:21:51 PM

I haven't got BB on my computer again since the HD got stuffed, though I will try to get it so I can play on monday (sunday us/euro) time if that is good for Celer.

Looking forward to killing some elves.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 09:28:36 PM

So that means Comstar will be missing 4 players for my game? I don't know whether to cheer the number of mercs he'll have to play or dread the asstons of inducements he'll be able to buy.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 09:50:19 PM

He wont get inducements. Inducement money is worked out after you add in mercs.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 05:40:35 AM

More devastating death?

1) My killing one of Comstar's blitzers on turn 16

or

2) Macster having a player killed by the zombie version of one of his own players who had died previously in the game
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 09:01:56 AM

2) Macster having a player killed by the zombie version of one of his own players who had died previously in the game

Not even a contest.  This warms my heart.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 11:18:18 AM

Now that's the heart-stabbing despair that proper Blood Bowl is all about.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 03:52:47 PM

I haven't got BB on my computer again since the HD got stuffed, though I will try to get it so I can play on monday (sunday us/euro) time if that is good for Celer.

Looking forward to killing some elves.

Got to catch them first!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Not sure what time you mean, but I'm in Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-700).  Any time Sunday (my time) would be fine, but Monday would be tough, it would have to be pretty late.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 07:21:21 PM

I meant that I'm +10 or 11 gmt, so my time Monday morning would be your Sunday afternoon/evening.

On a trip to melb so won't really be free to play unless it is Monday my time Sunday yours, so hopefully that should work.

Computer has been blue screening since reinstall because of (I think) Ethernet drivers or something, should hopefully have that fixed.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 06:57:17 PM

1-1 in the end here.

Uneventful game for the most part. Celer scored early with a risky move (pass into two tackzone marked player, leap, dodge then a gfi) and not much happened until the second half. I kept stunning players rather than knocking them out until the last few turns of the game.

Ran in a td on turn 15, giving Celer two turns to score. Got a blitz. He got the ball and looked good for it, but failed a leap. I picked up the ball and had to make a 5+ pass with my thrower, but it was on the sidelines and fumbled instead. Lucky crowd throw put the ball near my player, but within range of his thrower. He could have managed a score if he made the dodge, pickup, throw, catch and dodge again without a reroll, but this time nuffle went easy on me with the final turn.

Money is dodgy as per usual, so I don't have the promised funds. A black orc is out for the next round with a broken jaw.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:01:59 PM by lamaros »
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 07:27:03 PM

I'm not exactly sure WHY I tried that Pass (which COULD have been a handoff, I just... didn't), 2TZ Catch, Leap, Dodge, GFI thing on turn 2, but... was that not EPIC!?!  Didn't even need to reroll!  It really kept my elves in high spirits throughout the first half, giving them that extra bit of stamina to prevent a first half equalizer.

The second half did not fare as well, I just couldn't get a clean shot on the ball carrier.  I left a hole down the sideline, and was just a little too slow getting positioned and for some reason just couldn't get bodies in front to prevent a score.  Luckily for the Orcs they made their GFI with no reroll left.  I left a very open formation to set up for my 2 turn TD, but of course I ended up getting Blitzed and was forced to try a replay of my pass/catch/leap/dodge antics.  But the dice felt the need to balance out my earlier luck, and thus the draw.

Overall a pretty standard sister-kissing game.  Good times though!
Strazos

Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:51 PM

My game has been tentatively rescheduled for Monday evening.

Fear the Backstab!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 09:50:10 PM

Norse and Chaos play to a bloody, horrible draw. I have 3 players missing next game, including an Ulfwerener with -1 agility. Not sure that's worth firing for on one of those, at least.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:00 PM

Day is advanced to 3, stats or whatever when avaia gets to it. Here's the schedule:

macster vs. Lamaros
Megrim vs. proudft
Ingmar vs. Celer
Brocktoon vs. sickrubik
Haemish vs. Comstar
strazos vs. avaia

Strazos

Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:04 AM

Dwarfs and Humans play to a 1-0 slugfest, with Dwarfs coming out on top.

Dwarfs receive to start and slowly plod up the field, taking time to clear a gap up the middle with strategic use of the DEATHROLLAH (really wish I had thought of that name when I was putting the team together) to keep the opposing Ogre effectively out of play. A movement mistake put my runner within range of some Human blitzers, but they were not able to secure a knockdown. Smartly, he hands off to a nearby Blocker rather than trying to dodge with his stunty legs. Dwarfs score in their final turn before the half.

Second half starts with another out-of-bounds kick by the Dwarfs. Humans make good progress up the sidelines, but are never able to quite clear enough of a gap to safely put a runner through. Dwarfs proceed to put the Humans face-down on the pitch to finish the game.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie - day 2  
Jump to: