Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:56:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie - day 1 matches 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more eddie - day 1 matches  (Read 5047 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: March 18, 2011, 07:29:51 AM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:06:18 PM

Amazons 2 Dwarves Nil

Dwarves won the toss and I had big problems trying to do much with all his tackle skilled blockers around the ball carrier. However, the Dwarves made a risky break up the left side, which gave me an opening to hit the ball carrier. I got the ball free, made a pass and out ran the slowest team in the league. However, 2 girls were injured to 1 Dwarf, and 1 more KO'ed for the rest of the match.

The second half started without the deathroller on the pitch, and the Amazons forced the Dwarves to spread out. A risky pass across the field allowed a 2nd TD.

The Dwarves set up for nothing but revenge and left the ball carrier uncovered. They knocked some Amazons down, but the Amazon Blitzers came around he flanks and got the ball. However, a failed pass to a catcher meant the dwarves were able to regain the ball. They lost it a turn later, but were able to stop a 3-0 whitewash.

One Amazon gets a skill from the TD's, but another has a pinched nerve. The Dwarfism damage is a broken hip that lists him at -2MA or some reason.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:20:13 PM

Tackle and Block seemed painfully useless, and DEATHROLLAH did a whole lot of rolling and not much else. He also managed to fail a GFI with reroll that wasn't shown by the UI or intended by me. On the other side, Comstar brought over his loaded dice, seemingly only failing rolls that meant nothing. He also managed to somehow stun a trollkiller on an injury roll of 5, when it should require (I think) something like a 9?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:55:40 PM

Tackle and Block seemed painfully useless, and DEATHROLLAH did a whole lot of rolling and not much else. He also managed to fail a GFI with reroll that wasn't shown by the UI or intended by me.

A blitz action won't show a GFI icon because you are doing the block as part of the GFI - if you look next to the target you can see the dice, bit will only see the blitz action on the target itself.

Tackle REALLY limited me - half my team was often stuck next to blockers and I didn't dare move them till I'd done everything else. However, you often used both Bltizers on the same target, so I could ignore them.

I do agree the DEATHROLLAH  was pretty useless - to me it was no different than anyone else with ST 5 who I can't do anything about. Fortunately it was easy to dodge away from.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 02:06:45 PM

Sewer Skitters 2 - Elfington Elves 1

Modern Angel and I played our match today and I won handily. It wasn't actually as close as the score would indicate, thanks in no small part to Angel's HORRIBLE dice rolling, especially on dodges. While my Skaven never failed a dodge, his Elves were constantly getting tripped up trying to make plays. The first drive saw a gutter runner pick up a ball the team thrower had fumbled, and he promptly marched downfield for the first score. A riot ensued, costing us a turn, and by the time Angel could mount a good attack, it was halftime. The second half started with the elves receiving the ball, but thanks to some serious damage inflicted by my rat ogre, found themselves with too few able bodies to stop a second touchdown by the same gutter runner. All that saved Angel from a third touchdown, a clean sheet and total humiliation was a both down result. I had the ball on his goalline, but was trapped by two elves. My attempt to free up a stormvermin to give the linerat a better shot at a dodge failed when the linerat making the block got the both down result. His two elves proceeded to smack the linerat down, steal the ball, toss a long ass pass downfield to an open Elven blitzer, who had just enough juice to make it into the endzone on turn 15. The game ended with a meaningless pass resulting in a failed skaven catch, but that couldn't dampen the rats joyous spirits.

I uploaded the match stats in case anyone was interested.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:12:28 PM by HaemishM »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 02:28:35 PM

Good summation. I need to see how many 1s I rolled. It was pretty absurd. A whole ton of both down results, too, generally with lineman vs stormvermin. That said, my plans were mostly terrible and showed off my lack of experience with a throwing team, with a near score at the end of the first half ruined by my overextension.

That pass and score to end the game was a thing to behold, though...
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 02:53:28 PM

So how are the other matches going so far? Any updates?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 02:54:30 PM

I am poised to bother lamaros the moment he logs into steam today.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 03:37:02 PM

The Plan is to have all games played today, from what I gather.  3 matches are done, 3 on tap for tonight.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:54 PM

My laptop has decided today that it will stop working. So unlikely to be able to play the game.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:17:07 PM

Did you try beating it with a hammer?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 08:46:01 PM

Needs a new hd. Supposedly within two days.

Pity we couldn't get the game done last week or on the weekend, but so it goes. Just give me the loss.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 08:59:45 PM

Two days is still within the window, we'll see what happens.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 09:51:49 PM

The hot hot elf on elf action ends in victory for the woodies, as El Oso Quiere Miel wins 2-0 over the R.C. Strippers.  Hot was not just a euphemism, as the sweltering heat claimed many an elf and keep the ranks fairly thin.  You'd think it was raining though, as the elves were a combined 4/11 picking up the ball and could not really take advantage of the open field.  Luckily for me, the woodies got the first TD with a risky handoff+dodge to get out of a jam, and managed to ride their defense (and luck in avoiding casualties) the rest of the way.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 08:13:13 AM

Nurgle team cruised to an easy 2-0 victory.  The young pestigor couldn't pick up the ball in either of the last two turns for the third score.  Had a huge numbers advantage for most of the match.  11-4 at one point, 9-3 in the second half.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:02 PM

Chaos v. Orcs finally happened, 1-1 tie.  I got nowhere in the first half and fell apart in the second half.

BUT.

Last turn, we are losing 0-1.  Only chance to score is a desperation pass to a goat in end zone.  Come on goatboy, you can do it!

BUT.

I missed the pass.

BUT.

It scattered out of bounds, was tossed back in, and landed in the endzone guy's hands.  Score!  Tie game!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 05:15:04 PM

Last turn of the game.

The orcs are up 1-0 and it is their turn. There is a goat sprinting down the sidelines, hoping to make a GFI to get into the endzone and recieve next turn. The orcs are aware of the danger and mark him with two players, blitzing with a third. The blitzer fails! Tripping over his own feet all he can do it turn play over!

The goat sees his chance and blitzes one of the markers. It's a push! Oh well, he rides his luck, jumping to the side. He makes it! He makes hay and runs the pitch, skipping into the endzone with a go for it stretch.

The goat with the ball now makes his move, running as far as he can before throwing it!

It's a scatter launch, the Orcs win!

But wait, what's this? It lands outside the pitch near the goat, bounces back into the pitch and the goat catches it? The ref lets the score stand?! It's 1-1!

Blood Bowl! Bloody Hell! (I'm stalling to turn 16 from now on!)

And the winnings were 50k (me) to 90k. Shaddddyyy  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:20:02 PM by lamaros »
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 05:21:33 PM

I only got like 50k for real.  I guess that bribe to the ref for the pass was the rest of it.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 05:31:42 PM

That is so fucking great.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more eddie - day 1 matches  
Jump to: