Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: General Quick Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Quick Questions Thread  (Read 125386 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: March 15, 2011, 10:49:51 AM

If all gear is going to have the same stats and just more, there is no reason to even have them. Might as well just be level 25 tank chestpiece, level 40 tank chiestpiece etc etc. Rift seemed to want all those neat consumables to be a big thing but they are all on the same timer and most dont seem very useful, or at least more useful than using a potion.

There is just as many stats as any other MMOG, though the gear at the top end is a bit lacking.  Need more itemization for certain specs, but there is variety.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #106 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:14 AM

Just figured out a pretty awesome trick for crafting.

If you keep all of your crafting mats in a bank bag slot, you can drag that bag into one of your 4 slots and just swap bags to craft, and then swap back again when you're done.

No more 15+ clicks every time you feel like crafting, as long as you keep that bag full of only crafting mats ^_^
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: March 17, 2011, 07:34:23 AM

If you keep all of your crafting mats in a bank bag slot, you can drag that bag into one of your 4 slots and just swap bags to craft, and then swap back again when you're done.

No more 15+ clicks every time you feel like crafting, as long as you keep that bag full of only crafting mats ^_^

Best tip I've seen for Rift yet!  Nice one.

most often known as Drevik
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:22 AM

Anyone know if Lust for Blood works on non-Shaman skills (specifically Even Justice)? The way it reads implies that it should, but EJ didn't seem to be consuming the buff.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: March 17, 2011, 10:50:40 AM

Yeah, that's pretty amazing.  Also so much easier to upgrade your bags now too.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #110 on: March 17, 2011, 08:44:38 PM

OMG Help!  I can't find the ancient wardstonein Scarlet Gorge "North of Rock Ridge"  I've found it once, got the achievement for activating it, did two damn quests for the dwarf that pops up, now I can no longer find it anywhere!  And I've checked online too!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: March 17, 2011, 09:13:07 PM

OMG Help!  I can't find the ancient wardstonein Scarlet Gorge "North of Rock Ridge"  I've found it once, got the achievement for activating it, did two damn quests for the dwarf that pops up, now I can no longer find it anywhere!  And I've checked online too!

I think that's the one up the lift from Crimson gorge. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:19 PM

Anyone know if Lust for Blood works on non-Shaman skills (specifically Even Justice)? The way it reads implies that it should, but EJ didn't seem to be consuming the buff.
Although replying to myself is stupid, having tested this I can confirm that it IS increasing the damage of my Justicar skills, but only Shaman skills consume the buff.  awesome, for real

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: March 18, 2011, 08:13:14 AM

Is there a setting to change the number of quests in your hud? I "lost" a quest because it fell off my hud list, and I didn't think to look for it in my quest screen until I found myself with nothing in the hud and no npcs that wanted to talk to me.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: March 18, 2011, 08:23:25 AM

Is there a setting to change the number of quests in your hud? I "lost" a quest because it fell off my hud list, and I didn't think to look for it in my quest screen until I found myself with nothing in the hud and no npcs that wanted to talk to me.

Yes, in Settings under Interface->Display there's a slider to change the number of Quest Stickies.  The max is now 10.

most often known as Drevik
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: March 18, 2011, 10:52:22 AM

Yes, in Settings under Interface->Display there's a slider to change the number of Quest Stickies.  The max is now 10.

This is an awesome change.  I've got so many dailies saved up over the last week for Mathos that it's now like 10.  This will help sometime this weekend when I can grind them out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:56 PM

Is there a level 50 Rare planar goods vendor other than the one in Fortune's shore?  He only sells chest and leg pieces. 

Thanks.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ilyatha
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: March 22, 2011, 04:08:24 AM

For Defiant, there's one in the first camp west of the portal in the SE of Stillmoor if I remember correctly.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: March 22, 2011, 12:33:59 PM

For Defiant, there's one in the first camp west of the portal in the SE of Stillmoor if I remember correctly.

^^
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: March 22, 2011, 01:07:31 PM

That's it?  One level 50 Planarite gear vendor for each side?  No wonder I'm starting to see people ignore invasions while they continue with their faction grinds. 

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: March 22, 2011, 05:40:41 PM

You need rift faction as much as anything else too.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: March 24, 2011, 07:47:59 AM

That's it?  One level 50 Planarite gear vendor for each side?  No wonder I'm starting to see people ignore invasions while they continue with their faction grinds.  

So you want more vendors or more gear?  There's a lot to buy off those vendors.

There's another vendor to spend all the Rift Raid tokens at as well in patch 1.1.  Lots of new Lesser and Greater essences that are class/soul specific.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: March 24, 2011, 10:14:42 AM

So you want more vendors or more gear?  There's a lot to buy off those vendors.

I'll take another look.  My first glance only saw chest and leg armor and I can get better chest armor from faction vendors.  

I have another question for you Draegan: How much content will you and your organized crew have left to conquer after the end of the first month?

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: March 24, 2011, 12:19:45 PM

Well we finished the first raid.  Downed the last boss.  But we're still hungry for loot.  The zone was designed for a 3 day lockout.  Five bosses, two drops each, 20 man raid force.  It was switched to a 7 day lockout so the gearing up is very very slow.

Last night we cleared the first 4 bosses in about an hour, hour and a half and we can cut that down another 30 minutes due to stupid mistakes.  So the zone isn't on farm yet.

Sooo.. yeah.  I still need to finish the epic saga quest line.  There are still raid and expert rifts I need to farm for resists and essences.  There is rep and tradeskilling.

Oh yeah, by the way....

New 20 man raid comes out next Wednesday, just in time!
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: March 30, 2011, 04:51:18 AM

Is there a cleric class that can do melee/support?  I'm trying to get something working with X/Warden and Shaman/Warden is currently not getting it done.

What I'm looking for is a combo that mostly does dps, but has a few abilities that he can pop that support the group.  Warden doesn't seem to have group-level hots at the level of spec that I'm at.  Maybe if I go Warden/X?

Cabalist is decently amusing, but all his spells are long cast/channeled and you have to go all-in to make him do decent damage (which makes the support side of dps/support suffer).
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: March 30, 2011, 05:38:47 AM

Justicar is what you're looking for, and there are a few options available. Basically, justicar gets you infinite[ish] mana, cheap powerful group heals (as long as you're beating on stuff to get convictions) and steady passive group healing from reparation. Put up mien of honor and reparation, put mandate on the tank, all the justicar self-buffs you have and go to town on the mobs. Use doctrines as needed.

Sentinel/justicar is more healing heavy and closer to a traditional healer (low damage, good consistent AOE heals, never runs out of mana), while shaman/justicar is more damage-heavy, but does less healing. Heck, you can do fine with a 'tanky' justicar/shaman spec as well as long as you use mien of honor instead of leadership and just bash the enemies with strike of judgement / even justice.

If you don't mind range, inquisitor/justicar is also very common; same idea, passive group healing via reparation (fanaticism + soul drain = lots of yellow and green numbers, though that's only for aoe situations). Note that since most of your damage will come from inquisitor, the healing will not be as significant as with other builds.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: March 30, 2011, 10:33:21 AM

Druid has some great buffs and melee's pretty well.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: March 30, 2011, 10:40:09 AM

So far I'm really liking Shaman/Justicar/Sentinel ... good melee dps, highly survivable, able to toss out support heals.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: March 31, 2011, 05:23:30 AM

[snip!]

If you don't mind range, inquisitor/justicar is also very common; same idea, passive group healing via reparation (fanaticism + soul drain = lots of yellow and green numbers, though that's only for aoe situations). Note that since most of your damage will come from inquisitor, the healing will not be as significant as with other builds.

This sounds like what I'm looking for - without a gap closer, I find cleric melee to be annoying (does any cleric soul have a gap closer?).  I'm not looking to become a primary healer, just looking for a dps/support build.  Thanks!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: March 31, 2011, 06:02:31 AM

Shaman has charge high on their tree.

I am the .00000001428%
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: March 31, 2011, 08:50:07 AM

So far I'm really liking Shaman/Justicar/Sentinel ... good melee dps, highly survivable, able to toss out support heals.

Would you mind linking the build you use? I really enjoy the Justicar tree, but it kills things a little too slowly and I'd be interested to see where you put your points. Also - do you mainly use Justicar attacks? Shaman attacks? A mix of both? My points are mostly in Justicar, but I have 6 in Shaman for the absorb, and this gives me a couple shaman attacks that I never use due to lack of synergy with Justicar.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: March 31, 2011, 10:39:40 AM

Put enough points into Druid to get the Satyr, then dump everything else in Shaman.  Then macro all your abilities together in order of importance, with your reactives at the top.

Proceed to smash shit with a very large hammer.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:40 AM

You don't need the reactives at the top, since they go off even while you are under the global cooldown it might actually be more beneficial to put them after everything else.

I am the .00000001428%
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: March 31, 2011, 11:08:58 AM

At first I thought, "that won't work!"... then I thought, "hmmm".  Then, "that right there is good thinkin!"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: March 31, 2011, 11:11:33 AM

So, you basically take all the buttons in your rotation and macro them to a single key?  I guess that would help me spend more time watching the game and less time watching my cooldowns.

Is there a simple guide to creating macros anywhere?

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: March 31, 2011, 11:14:55 AM

Forums are down for maint right now, but this is a good list

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?59433-A-Guide-to-making-Macro-s-in-Rift
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: March 31, 2011, 11:19:44 AM

The only reason it works for the Shaman is because most of his attacks have a cooldown (or are reactive).  So

#show Basic Attack
suppressmacrofailures
cast Cooldown One
cast Cooldown Two
cast Basic Attack
cast Reactive One
cast Reactive Two

is really all you need.  The stack you have for the Shaman is extreme.  I couldn't really create a macro stack at all for the Reaver, because none of his abilities (except for the life tap dots) have a cool down.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:05 AM

Yeah my champio/bm/paragon macro is something ridiculous like

#show rising waterfall
cast rising waterfall
cast backhanded blow
cast flesh rip
cast path of the wind
cast fierce strike
cast inescapable fury
cast turn the blade
cast bloodthirst
cast frenzied strike
cast flinching strike
cast bash

It works flawlessly, as long as you don't put two abilities without a cooldown on the same macro because that will cause the first one to go off first every time.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: March 31, 2011, 12:44:04 PM

You don't need the reactives at the top, since they go off even while you are under the global cooldown it might actually be more beneficial to put them after everything else.

Depends on the reactive I guess, but I'd want mine to go off ASAP which is why it's at the top of the stack.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: March 31, 2011, 12:50:34 PM

Would you mind linking the build you use? I really enjoy the Justicar tree, but it kills things a little too slowly and I'd be interested to see where you put your points. Also - do you mainly use Justicar attacks? Shaman attacks? A mix of both? My points are mostly in Justicar, but I have 6 in Shaman for the absorb, and this gives me a couple shaman attacks that I never use due to lack of synergy with Justicar.

I'm only level 28, so this is my build:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nrj.Ecd0tr0z.tu

Mainly using Shaman attacks (with a 2-hander of course), with Bolt of Radiance from Justicar as an opener/pulling instant spell, and I'll mix in a Justicar attack if I need to build conviction.

My level 50 build would be this:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00nrj.Eed0trcVk.Eu0ooxco
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:57:44 PM by AcidCat »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: General Quick Questions Thread  
Jump to: