Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: General Quick Questions Thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Quick Questions Thread  (Read 125402 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:25 AM

I figure we ought to have one of these to mirror the WoW one, for shit that doesn't warrant it's own thread.

Does anyone know of a good spoiler site for Rift?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:31:37 AM

Anyone know how exactly hit works?

Is there a base chance for abilities and base melee swings to miss?  Does this depend on weapon type equipped (1h, 2h, dual wield)?  Or does it work to offset chances to dodge/parry/block?   I know it seems to work, since after putting points into hit, I notice less misses (with my finisher especially).

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:12:24 AM

Anyone know how exactly hit works?

Is there a base chance for abilities and base melee swings to miss?  Does this depend on weapon type equipped (1h, 2h, dual wield)?  Or does it work to offset chances to dodge/parry/block?   I know it seems to work, since after putting points into hit, I notice less misses (with my finisher especially).

It's essentially the WOW system.  End game dungeons and raids require their own hit caps.  T1 Experts (Heroics) require zero hit/focus, T2 Experts require 100 hit/focus, Raids require 200.

Same thing for Toughness (Essentially WOW defense), it's 50/100/150 for T1/T2/Raid
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:28:07 AM

So it does nothing for leveling then? Good to know.

Back to le-drawing board. 

-Rasix
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 11:38:06 AM

From the things I wish I knew thread.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:40:20 AM

* While in game, type /exportui <filename> and hit enter, this saves a file in the rift folder for your ui setup
Then type /exportkeybindings <filename> and hit enter, this saves a file in the rift folder for your keybindings
Heart
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 03:23:53 PM

* /twitter <text> and /twitterpic <text> to make twitter updates while playing

Facepalm

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 03:35:04 PM

When (if ever) does a LFD tool activate? I finally got Warfront access at 10. (Yay, murderball!)

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 03:55:58 PM

No LFG tool, I think there's a channel you can join with /lfg but I don't know if many know about it. The whole group does get the option of being ported to the instance as soon as one person enters, though. First dungeon is level 17 (you can get away with being below that but not by much), at least for Guardians.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 04:07:38 PM

* /twitter <text> and /twitterpic <text> to make twitter updates while playing

Facepalm

If you associate your twitter account it will also take screenshots and post automatically on achievements.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:18 AM

My skill trainer offers to:

Reset My Souls -  0G

Purchase a New Role - 30G

What exactly do these day?

Do they cost more if you do them multiple times?

Is there some up to date, overall game documentation somewhere that I managed to miss?

EDIT: turns out telarapedia.com has a pretty useful wiki....

So apparently a Role is a set of three souls.  You may have up to four.  The first is free and is setup during the intro areas.  Second costs 30G, Third 3P95,  Fourth 21P95.  Each Role has its own set of skill points which may be allocated to the souls in that role.

I'm assuming "Reset My Souls" is for respecing, but I haven't found an explanation of how that works yet.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:26:21 AM by Quinton »
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:00 AM

Resetting souls simply takes the role you are currently using and returns all your talent point so reallocate.  So if you're 30 points into bard, and 11 points into Nightblade, 0pt Assassin, you can change up those points however you want, say putting 30 points into assassin and 11 into bard with 0 pt nightblade (numbers pulled out ass for example only).

I am unsure, however, if you can swap souls while at 0pt.  I've been under the impression that when a soul is 0pt you can swap them out for other souls free of charge, so if you're reset you could conceivably juggle souls to completely redo the spec you're working with?  At least that's how I understand it.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 02:56:37 AM

Just tried Reset Souls and it did return points to 0 and let me reassign them.  I haven't finished one of the quests to gain additional souls, so I only have three.  If you click on the icon for a soul you have zero points in a dialog box pops up, which in my case had nothing in it to choose.  I assume if I had additional souls I could swap.

The cost to reset remained 0G after resetting and relearning.  I wonder if this will always be free?  Completely free respecs would seem like a nice way to deal with balance -- if you build a role you don't like, tear it down and rebuild it!

I liked that I didn't have to pay to train skills again -- once trained they stay trained.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 05:24:21 AM

In beta, if you had more than three souls learned, if your tree was allocated with one of them zero (as in 10/30/0), then you could switch out the 0 to whatever you wanted on the fly. 
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 05:42:49 AM

Just confirmed that you can switch souls with 0 skill points allocated on the fly.

This system is pretty slick, really.  Four roles composed of three souls and skillpoint assignments.  And your quickbars are also per-role, so when you switch roles you get the set of quickbars for that role.  You can switch when not in combat, almost instantly.  Fun!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 06:33:00 AM

Just confirmed that you can switch souls with 0 skill points allocated on the fly.

This system is pretty slick, really.  Four roles composed of three souls and skillpoint assignments.  And your quickbars are also per-role, so when you switch roles you get the set of quickbars for that role.  You can switch when not in combat, almost instantly.  Fun!

If you open up your skill window "P" and go to "Roles" (I think that's what it is), you can drag the Role icon down onto your hotbar for quick swaps.

Also respecing is a consistent cost of 1g per character level, so at 50 it's 50g to respec.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 06:37:07 AM

Also respecing is a consistent cost of 1g per character level, so at 50 it's 50g to respec.

Cheap respecs will be the savior of this game.  When playing one way gets old, you can quickly try a new tactic.  When an ability gets nerfed/balanced, it's not the end of the world.  The difficulty will come in making all 4 primary classes feel different while keeping them somewhat equal in feel to those that play at an average level of ability.  Right now, mages take a lot more tact in the pre-40 levels than about any of the other 3.  If they can sort that out, I think that the players may find some really interesting builds to toy with.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 07:24:54 AM

If you open up your skill window "P" and go to "Roles" (I think that's what it is), you can drag the Role icon down onto your hotbar for quick swaps.

Actually at 29 I am paying 20 gold and some change for respecs. I am pretty sure the first 10 levels are free respecs.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 07:38:16 AM

Is there some up to date, overall game documentation somewhere that I managed to miss?

On the launcher screen there is a button called "Manual". It allows you to download a PDF game manual, but I don't know how up-to-date it is.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 08:27:19 AM

Is there a mechanic to reward support classes during Rift/invasions?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 10:49:30 AM

For healing yes.  Probably not for buffing/debuffing.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:29 AM

Is there a way to enable some sort of click casting for healers?

I've used the @mouseover macro's, but that's not what i'm looking for.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 11:05:04 AM

Are you sure? Has anyone tried spamming the hour-long buffs during a rift to see what happens to the contrib meter?

Unrelated: I used the Ranger's Rain of Arrows to open a fight during a rift, and the meter didn't move at all even though many many numbers were floating over the mobs. Then I used a single Quick Shot and my meter suddenly jumped from nothing into silver. I'm still trying to understand what's going on...

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 11:15:00 AM

The contribution mechanic is... a bit flakey.  I've done rifts where I've just gone all out on my Assassin, and I am losing contribution.  Other rifts, I've filled the bar, and end up with a couple planarite, and a random damage/heal item for the rifts.

It makes no sense to me, at all.  Much the same as War's PQs.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:22 AM

It makes no sense to me, at all.  Much the same as War's PQs.

I do wonder if they are doing the random roll thing like WAR -- where you could land in the top in terms of actual contrib but then your contribution number is added to a random number roll (so sometimes low-contribs get lucky and get a higher reward ranking than the high-contribs). You could see this very clearly in WARs PQ/Fort reward results. The results system in RIFT are a black box to me so far.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 12:02:51 PM

Bards in my guild say spamming motifs gets them top rewards every time.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 12:58:46 PM

Good to hear they thought of that then.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 01:16:38 PM

Do the rare planar items only come from major rifts? Purple ones from zone events? At level 35 I've found about maybe 10 rare ones total, and no epics.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 01:19:33 PM

Does anyone know where the Plat you get for completing guild quests goes? My guild should be owed around 20 plat from the quests, and we cant find it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 01:22:47 PM

Do the rare planar items only come from major rifts? Purple ones from zone events? At level 35 I've found about maybe 10 rare ones total, and no epics.

Rares come from Majors, bonus rounds, or just random low chance. Also, ancient ward stone quests,

I've never seen an epic outside of a zone event.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 02:09:32 PM

Does anyone know where the Plat you get for completing guild quests goes? My guild should be owed around 20 plat from the quests, and we cant find it.

To the person who turns it in as far as i know.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:51 PM

Actually at 29 I am paying 20 gold and some change for respecs. I am pretty sure the first 10 levels are free respecs.

Hmm you're right.  In any case, it's 50g at level 50.  I suppose it catches up at some point.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 09:38:01 PM

Is there a mechanic to reward support classes during Rift/invasions?

Actually, I believe one of the mechanics of contribution is actions per minute, so spamming a buff may give you a boost!

I haven't seen purple tokens from anything other than zone invasions, however the higher level the rift, i.e. Minor, Major, Expert, Raid, the better chance you have at getting rarer items.  It might be an extremely low percentage to get a purple token from a minor rift.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:40:45 PM by Draegan »
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 12:01:10 AM

It was free at level 13.  Haven't tried again since then.  Maybe somewhere between 15 and 20 it starts costing you?

I'm not exactly rolling in the gold over here at level 15-16, but maybe gold is cheap at higher levels?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 12:09:16 AM

I've probably had about 30p total at level 35. I'm sitting on 11 now, gained in the last level or so after blowing all I had powerleveling my Runecrafting.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: General Quick Questions Thread  
Jump to: