Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Sims 3 sale 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 sale  (Read 4217 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: January 28, 2011, 04:16:15 PM

I was kind of interested in this, briefly. Mostly for my wife. Checked it out. US$104.97.

I figure that's got to be some "regionally adjusted" gouging/pricing. How much is it in the US?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:18:45 PM

US$89.97
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:18:15 PM

ouch! say no more.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:02:36 AM

Yeah, kind of a shame, too.  I wouldn't mind picking it up for cheap, but the base game is not discounted at all, and seems pricey at $40 for a two year old title.  And the expansion is right out even at half off, since I'm not paying almost a hundred bucks for the privilege of owning dogs or getting special coffee tables or whatever the expansions do.  I could buy every Star Wars game ever released on Steam for almost that much.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:31:09 AM

Impulse had a much better Sims 3 sale between Christmas and New Years. The expansions were all half price - about 20 dollars each.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 02:20:00 PM

Still too much for me. I've got no interest in laying down that kind of money for Sims.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 02:27:50 PM

Yeah, kind of a shame, too.  I wouldn't mind picking it up for cheap, but the base game is not discounted at all, and seems pricey at $40 for a two year old title.  And the expansion is right out even at half off, since I'm not paying almost a hundred bucks for the privilege of owning dogs or getting special coffee tables or whatever the expansions do.  I could buy every Star Wars game ever released on Steam for almost that much.

The wife and daughter are very much into Sims3.   I'll even play a game once in a blue moon, ranking a sim up to achieve their lifetime goal then tossing it aside.  IMO the base game is very much worth the $40 if you enjoyed any of the original two, even two years later.  Hell, Guild Wars gets away with selling their games for full price, too and they're older than that.

After that it's just vanity stuff for folks who are really into it. Turning your sims into vampires or sending them on world trips or to night clubs does nothing for you in terms of some of the goals as far as I can tell. So buying the expansions is pointless if you're not really into the game. Especially since there's a ton of free stuff in the Sims exchange if all you're after is new tables, chairs and outfits.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 03:38:06 PM

Late Night is the only one I would say is a Must Get if you really liked the original two, because they add some nice "places to go hang out" that the base game is lacking. All the expansions add new gameplay shit, but Late Night is the only one whose new gameplay shit remembered it was a Sims game.

God Save the Horn Players
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

I'll agree that World Adventures is completely unnecessary, but Ambitions is pretty nice if you don't like working for the man.  Late Night is solid though, apart from elevators bugging out all the damn time.

Upside being, that unlike WA, Late Night's additions can just make your normal suburban game better.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 09:21:38 PM

True, Ambitions is nice if you want to, say, just be a painter or whatever. It mostly just annoyed me with all ACTUALLY GO WORK jobs they added. The ghosthunter one, though, is easy money, as long as you don't mind completely doofy working hours!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 10:21:15 AM

I moved my sims out of their apartment after too many occurances of telling a sim to feed the baby, and they would promptly pick him up, run out of the apartment, take the elevator down 14 floors, and feed the kid in the middle of the lobby. And yes, there was plenty of empty floor space in the apartment...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:32:55 AM

Yeah the apartments were pretty horrible for that kind of thing. I ended up just adding in the Late Night night spots to my regular town and playing the content that way.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:58 PM

Same, I don't bother with the apartments. There are some decent houses in APARTMENT LAND but I like making my own clubs and bars so much, I usually just play a suburb anyway.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Sims 3 sale  
Jump to: