Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Dark Knight Rises 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 109191 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #490 on: August 18, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

Except the shots that were straight up of Manhattan? Like Freedom Tower and all which as far as I could tell at the time looked exactly like the Manhattan I was in a month ago? The whole end of the movie took place in New York for me. Maybe I wasn't feeling like that in the early going I can't say but once it started it was pretty ruinous to my enjoyment.

The Matrix is like that for me. Imaginary city inside a computer! No, I work in that building over there.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: August 18, 2013, 04:46:00 PM

I think you missed the point of The Matrix.

why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #492 on: August 18, 2013, 04:54:36 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #493 on: August 19, 2013, 08:23:59 AM

Which is why the voice in the actual film fucks me off so much.  It's hilariously cheery.

That's what I liked about it.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: August 19, 2013, 11:07:45 PM

I didn't mind the voice so much as not being able to see his mouth.

Not really sure why they felt the need to carry over the face mask.

Without the face mask it could have been anyone.

I guess so, I mean, I hate it when a film has a character in civilian clothes with no costume gimmick. Because it means there is literally no way to tell characters apart or to make an association between a character and how they look.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
WayAbvPar

Reply #495 on: February 27, 2014, 11:52:14 AM

Necro!

Finally got around to watching this. I liked a lot of it, but it was definitely the worst of the 3 Nolan Batman films. Anne Hathaway and JGL were the highlights for sure. How can a 2:45 movie still seem like it is rushed? Really felt like it skipped around all over the place and was hard to follow exactly. I basically gave up and just waited for Batman to beat the hell out of some people.

Also glad to see that most of you feel at least a glimmer of the supernova of hate I have for Tim Burton. God what an overrated hack. I sort of liked his first Batman at the time, but I was young and dumb and had never seen a decent superhero movie (well, I guess Reeves' Superman flicks were ok), so I thought it was much better than it actually was. It is downright PAINFUL to watch now. And that was the best of the entire run! Thankfully I have forgotten most of the rest of them almost completely.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: February 27, 2014, 11:54:45 AM

Tim Burton is not overrated as long as he sticks to the things he should. Unfortunately he does not stick to those things.

Ed Wood is, and always will be, one of the best movies ever made.

beer geek.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  
Jump to: