Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:35:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood bowl resources/questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood bowl resources/questions  (Read 167955 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #245 on: November 04, 2011, 11:13:08 AM

It would be another thing if I was specifically setting out to build a killer claw/MB/PO beastman or something.

Millard Fillmore is counting the days.  Beardstorm here we come!

Bianca has dirty player just for situations such as these.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: November 05, 2011, 12:12:01 PM

Does anyone have any advice on how to use the goblin Bombardier?  The last three games, I think, he's taken out more allies than enemies. 

Ideally, you'd want him in the back because you don't want him marked or fighting, but he can't throw very far so you'll want him up front.  He can't throw and move on the same turn, so you need to position him near where the enemy will move to next turn, but they're not going to run up to him without someone marking the bombardier, and if you dodge away from being marked, you can't throw that turn.  You want allies around so you can protect him from being marked, but if he fails his throw (and he always does) he kills all the allies around him.  I have NO CLUE how to use this guy effectively.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:19 PM

Does anyone have any advice on how to use the goblin Bombardier?  The last three games, I think, he's taken out more allies than enemies. 

Ideally, you'd want him in the back because you don't want him marked or fighting, but he can't throw very far so you'll want him up front.  He can't throw and move on the same turn, so you need to position him near where the enemy will move to next turn, but they're not going to run up to him without someone marking the bombardier, and if you dodge away from being marked, you can't throw that turn.  You want allies around so you can protect him from being marked, but if he fails his throw (and he always does) he kills all the allies around him.  I have NO CLUE how to use this guy effectively.

Forgive my newbness if it's apparent, but I'll take "Hail Mary" for $200, Alex.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #248 on: November 05, 2011, 12:20:49 PM

It seems like Bombadiers could be pretty effective against clusters of defenders on the line of scrimmage when you're receiving a kick-off.  You can put them one or steps back from the line of scrimmage so they'll be close enough to use their bomb more effectively but won't be in immediate danger that round.  Just be sure to place your other scrimmage pieces clear of where you intend to throw the bomb.  That's the only thing that springs to mind; it does seem like a difficult piece to use.  I've been tempted to simply not use one in my feeder league goblin team.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: November 05, 2011, 12:56:48 PM

I've been tempted to simply not use one in my feeder league goblin team.

No, you want him.  He is the one thing that makes goblin teams not 100% terrible.  Well, based on my 2-2-8 goblin team, it makes them only 80% terrible.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Seriously though, he's another wacko piece for the other side to worry about, and goblins have a hard enough time keeping secret weapons on the field, so you may as well have as many as you can.  He's not expensive, either.  Just don't throw bombs when any important friendlies are next to him, in case of accidental drops.  Unless, of course, he is also next to enemies, then who gives a crap if he drops it?   Sometimes he can even create a big dead zone of paranoia on the field where no one wants to get close to the crazy bastard.

In my 10 games he was notably useful in maybe 2, but in those two he was REALLY useful.   Totally worth having him around.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: November 05, 2011, 07:31:00 PM

Unless it has hail Mary or +agi it's a liability. Very useless. I wouldn't use one unless you were lucky to get good skill rolls in the feeder league.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #251 on: November 06, 2011, 09:30:05 AM

I'd only use him on receiving drives.

I was pretty thankful when he blew up your chainsaw guy, before I moved in and took him off the field myself. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: November 06, 2011, 10:48:35 AM

I was pretty thankful when he blew up your chainsaw guy, before I moved in and took him off the field myself. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The first time that happened, I was like "oh, well, that's goblins!"  But our game was the second time that the bombardier has nuked himself and the chainsawer out of the game.  In four games.  He's thrown one good bomb, delaying Ginaz' touchdown by a turn, and otherwise has been responsible for more injuries to my own team than any of the opponents I've fought against.  I'm just not sure if I'm using him wrong or he's always this shitty.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: December 21, 2011, 07:42:27 AM

Does anyone have a current link to the BBManager installer? I had an unexpected system crash and have had to reinstall Windows, and it appears that the Cyanide forum link (from above, and elsewhere) is now broken. Google has not been much help, at least so far.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #254 on: December 21, 2011, 08:00:05 AM

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: June 24, 2012, 07:16:08 PM

So i just started playing this, having a lot of fun playing skaven against the computer.  I want something bashy now though, what's the best team for hurting/killing the opposition?

I am the .00000001428%
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #256 on: June 24, 2012, 07:18:42 PM

Orc's a pretty good opener. Dwarves as well.

Chaos are the ultimate killers but require long term development. A good candidate for single player since you have easy kills against the opponent :)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #257 on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:34 PM

Chaos is awesome for bashing.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nurgle also make very good bashy teams, but are a bit more advanced  If you're playing the ai though that shouldn't matter a whole lot; the ai is pretty crap.

If you plan on making a Chaos team to compete in the f13 league definitely put them through the rigors of the Feeder League.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #258 on: June 24, 2012, 08:41:46 PM

Get ready to lose a lot as well.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #259 on: June 24, 2012, 08:48:18 PM

Dwarves are IMO the best starting roster for smushing people through about level 3ish, after that the developed chaos/orc/nurgle teams start to eat your lunch a bit.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: June 24, 2012, 10:00:29 PM

Norse are a fun bashing team too. Just be prepared to get beaten up a lot as well.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: June 25, 2012, 06:46:20 AM

Ok i did not like chaos or orcs, i think i'll stick to skaven.  I assume i won't be averaging four tds a game against real competition.  Also, whats a feeder league?

I am the .00000001428%
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: June 25, 2012, 07:01:12 AM

Also, whats a feeder league?

Since teams gain experience and level up, new teams are at kind of a disadvantage.  At the same time, you don't want to allow absolutely ANYONE in or else new teams can be absurdly overpowered (e.g. you can play against friends who throw the game repeatedly and keep rerolling teams until you get the exact level ups that you want).

So, for the F13 league, the only teams which are allowed to enter are new teams, teams from the previous seasons, or teams from the F13 feeder league.  The feeder league is basically a sub league which you use to level your guys a little bit without having to be in the full tournament.  There is a team value cap which you can't go over without being ineligible for the league, but if you pass it, you can delete players until you're back under.  It's also somewhere to play without being part of the tournament, where you can just go "who wants a game" without having to schedule it or anything.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #263 on: June 25, 2012, 07:12:04 AM

Skaven actually can put up four or five points in real competition.  It depends upon the opponent and the side they're playing though, of course.

Kail beat me to it, but I'll add...

The Feeder League is an open league for f13 Blood Bowl players to build teams and have some casual play with other f13 members.  One can also import Feeder League teams into the regular season as long as the team's TV is 1300 or lower and the team has no money.  It's a good way to get your feet wet in multiplayer since we're all pretty friendly and can give good advice, and it can also soften the blow of entering the regular season with a newer team.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: June 25, 2012, 07:53:33 AM

1300? oh well that shouldn't take very long, rats level like crazy.

I am the .00000001428%
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #265 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:20 AM

1300? oh well that shouldn't take very long, rats level like crazy.
They also die like ... well, like rats. Expect a higher rate of turnover in a multiplayer game than vs the AI.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: June 25, 2012, 08:01:34 AM

Yeah, and even if they don't die the unjury table seems to punish them harder than most teams. 

I have more skaven on my team with broken necks and backs and bad limps than I do whole rats.

That's part of the fun tho.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #267 on: June 25, 2012, 10:14:03 AM

Apothecaries are absolutely mandatory with Skaven teams. They will die HORRIBLY.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: June 25, 2012, 11:47:55 AM

unjury ?  Cool Word Ironwood.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #269 on: June 25, 2012, 12:07:05 PM

Unjury is what you need the apothecaries for.  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: June 29, 2012, 03:00:40 PM

Ok so how do i join this feeder league?

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #271 on: June 29, 2012, 03:13:44 PM

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: December 22, 2012, 07:29:42 PM

Hey, question -- Chaos Edition and Legendary Edition? Chaos is the newer one, right? I'd just need it? (There's a Steam Sale for the next 40 hours or so and wsa considering it).
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #273 on: December 22, 2012, 08:13:08 PM

Only buy the Chaos edition.  That's all you need and it is the most recent.

And don't just consider it.  Get it.  Blood Bowl is seriously good and f13 Season 6 is about to end so we'll be gearing up for Season 7 soon.  I've gotten hundreds of hours of entertainment from it and would consider it a value at full price.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:15:39 PM by Ruvaldt »

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: December 22, 2012, 08:16:47 PM

Thanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #275 on: December 22, 2012, 08:22:56 PM

Thanks!

When you buy it, join the f13 Bloodbowlers steam group.  I'll be looking for some games over the next few weeks in our Feeder league in the event that I need a new team for Season 7.  I'll be more than happy to show you the ropes and give you tons of tips.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: December 23, 2012, 04:16:16 PM

Bought it, running the tutorial then probably play single-player a few games. :) Then hit the feeder league.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: December 23, 2012, 05:15:10 PM

Hmm. Can't seem to create a team. Do I have to start a campaign first or something? I can log on to multiplay, find the F13 league (although can't see how to join it) and all -- but don't have any teams. The "create team" is greyed out under customize, if that's where you do it. So instead, single player campaign. :)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #278 on: December 23, 2012, 05:26:26 PM

Hmm. Can't seem to create a team. Do I have to start a campaign first or something? I can log on to multiplay, find the F13 league (although can't see how to join it) and all -- but don't have any teams. The "create team" is greyed out under customize, if that's where you do it. So instead, single player campaign. :)

No, you don't create a team from there, you start a team in the multiplayer client.
Login to Cyanide network - and create a team.
Then hire your roster, then you're ready to play in multiplayer!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: December 23, 2012, 05:52:42 PM

Also, from the repeated ass-kicking I'm suffering, let me assure you the "blocking" thing is very, very important and I suck so much with it. Fun though. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood bowl resources/questions  
Jump to: