Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:34:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena  (Read 45267 times)
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: March 08, 2011, 12:09:19 PM

Yea, though I agree that the Batiatus family was a huge part of the awesomeness so far, there are like 4 huge plot points left untouched that involve the expansion of the slave revolt and the political drama shifting from Capua to Rome itself.  They aren't wont for strong characters on either side with Glaber/Varinius and the return of Gannicus softening the blow of a new Spartacus.

AKA Gyoza
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #176 on: April 23, 2011, 12:42:08 AM

Finally finished watching all 6 episodes of Gods of the Arena this week. I had been somewhat concerned that losing Andy Whitfield would have an effect on the prequel, but fuck me if the writers, directors, actors and crew didn't produce another masterpiece. I truly believe you could compare this show to Shakespeare favorably. The only difference is that you see tits and modern curse words, but the salacious nature of the stories, the dramatic tensions, the buildup of tension to resolutions that continually surprise, it's all there. I don't know what season 3 will be like without Lawless and Hanna, but after two epic seasons, I don't doubt the creators of this show's ability at all.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena  
Jump to: