Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena  (Read 45313 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 30, 2011, 09:27:00 AM

They actually had me thinking Crixus was going to win, specially since we already know Gannicus is doomed.  The look on John Hanna's face when slutty friend joins in is fucking win.

I am the .00000001428%
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 09:31:46 AM

Fuck I love this show.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:49 AM

They actually had me thinking Crixus was going to win, specially since we already know Gannicus is doomed. 

Same.  It now has me wondering if...

At any rate, I have no doubt that these matters will be concluded awesomely, and with plenty of gratiuitous nudity.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 07:56:30 AM

I also thought Crixus might win for a while there, but I'm happy he didn't.

In the first season they explained that did happen.

As for buying the blu-ray, I agree. Blood and Sand has been the only blu-ray/dvd I've pre-ordered, well, ever. It was very much worth every penny, and I plan on doing the same for Gods of the Arena.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 08:04:27 AM

They actually had me thinking Crixus was going to win, specially since we already know Gannicus is doomed.  The look on John Hanna's face when slutty friend joins in is fucking win.

Slutty friend is H.G wells from warehouse 13.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:38 AM

I also thought Crixus might win for a while there, but I'm happy he didn't.

In the first season they explained that did happen.

As for buying the blu-ray, I agree. Blood and Sand has been the only blu-ray/dvd I've pre-ordered, well, ever. It was very much worth every penny, and I plan on doing the same for Gods of the Arena.

I'm watching the series for the second time through, and have only the last episode left to go, and...

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 10:33:00 AM

From the first season, we know that Oenomaus's wife is dead.  And we know that he doesn't drink.  (This is not a spoiler; if you haven't watched the first season yet, what the fuck are you doing in this thread, seriously, it's on Netflix Instant and everything.)  Oh, and Gannicus appeared nowhere in the first season, which is not proof positive that he dies, but given his importance to date it seems unlikely that we wouldn't have seen him if he were still around.

(This next part is also not a spoiler, because it's just me guessing shit.)  So I'm going to guess that at some point Oenomaus is going to get really drunk and do something really stupid that's going to end with the death of his best friend, his wife, or both.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 11:44:24 AM

"only in memory". 

Meaning she's dead.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 11:48:05 AM

The first season was taken off netflix last I checked. DvD only now.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 12:12:25 PM

Did Netflix's agreement with Starz expire or something? A lot of good shit disappeared recently.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:18 PM

I don't think thats the case, as the current is stream-able. I think the star-play contract only allows for current series, before they goto DvD. I believe The Pillars of the Earth is also removed.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 12:24:32 PM

From the first season, we know that Oenomaus's wife is dead.  And we know that he doesn't drink.  (This is not a spoiler; if you haven't watched the first season yet, what the fuck are you doing in this thread, seriously, it's on Netflix Instant and everything.)  Oh, and Gannicus appeared nowhere in the first season, which is not proof positive that he dies, but given his importance to date it seems unlikely that we wouldn't have seen him if he were still around.

(This next part is also not a spoiler, because it's just me guessing shit.)  So I'm going to guess that at some point Oenomaus is going to get really drunk and do something really stupid that's going to end with the death of his best friend, his wife, or both.

Huh?  I am on my SECOND run through the series.  I've watched all the episodes, except for the last one, over the last three days.  We do not KNOW that his wife is dead until we see it happen.  Honestly, this series does nothing but twist, turn and surprise on every plot point.  Until I see that bitch gurgling blood, I won't assume she is actually dead (though I will admit that it is likely).

And yeah, Gannicus is probably dead, too.  We'll see.

"only in memory". 

Meaning she's dead.

Meaning Doctore thinks she is dead.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 12:48:51 PM

Fair enough given your last post, though my money's on dead.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 01:07:35 PM

She's dead.  There'd be no point to setting up some grand conspiracy to make Oenomaus THINK his wife is dead while keeping her alive in some distant secret location (and living with the threat that he'd discover the deception and rob Batiatus of one of his most valuable assets one way or another).  None.  Neither Batiatus nor the writers are that fuck-stupid.  This show is about blood and tits.  If there are two possible ways to resolve a plot point that needs to be resolved and one of them involves someone dying in a gruesome and/or heart-wrenching way, that will be the way it's done.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 01:38:08 PM

She probably dies during pregnancy, most likely due to the possibility of birthing a non-black baby.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #50 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47:21 PM

Guess:  Gannicus gets sold and faces Crixus in the Primus.  Crixus wins.

I have never played WoW.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 31, 2011, 02:00:39 PM

Guess:  Gannicus gets sold and faces Crixus in the Primus.  Crixus wins.

I've thought about that as well, and it saddens me if Onemaus doesn't get whoop some Gannicus ass, because that would be an awesome battle. Though, the rise of Crixus going through Gannicus would still be insane
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #52 on: January 31, 2011, 02:24:06 PM

To bad though, I really like Gannicus.  Wish the series was a bit longer than 6 episodes.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 31, 2011, 02:40:24 PM

I was hoping they were going to make it Onemaus' famous fight vs a gigantic dual wielding celt, but he's already clearly past that point story wise.  Probably for the best though, since that would have been a horrible cliched mess.  This series does however seem to have a fetish for dual wielding heroes.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:41:58 PM by Ard »
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 03:40:26 PM

I was hoping they were going to make it Onemaus' famous fight vs a gigantic dual wielding celt, but he's already clearly past that point story wise.  Probably for the best though, since that would have been a horrible cliched mess.  This series does however seem to have a fetish for dual wielding heroes.

Well Spartacus only started dual wielding after he killed Theokoles.  I assume as a way of flaunting his win.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 03:49:47 PM

Well Spartacus only started dual wielding after he killed Theokoles.  I assume as a way of flaunting his win.
It was specifically suggested to him by Batiatus, the argument basically being, "dual wielding looks awesome and puts asses in seats."

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 06:12:27 PM

It was specifically suggested to him by Batiatus, the argument basically being, "dual wielding looks awesome and puts asses in seats."

If I remember correctly,
"Now that you've become a champion you shall now adopt the fighting style of a champion!"
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 08:18:34 PM

Wife and I guessed right away that she would likely be getting killed through pregnacy somehow. Either killing herself when she finds out she is, or dying in the process. Or simply Batiatus having an accident arranged for her when she turns up pregnant as to keep his secret.

One minor complaint from the last episode.
Pissing on the guy Asher and crew beat up seems abit of a give away on who did it. Guess it was a give away regardless.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 05:49:31 PM

Uhm, both Spartacus Blood & Sand and Pillars of the Earth are streamable for me on Netflix.

Might want to check your netflix settings Bloodworth.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 05:50:28 PM

Yeah, I've still got the entire first season of Spartacus.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 06:55:17 PM

Uhm, both Spartacus Blood & Sand and Pillars of the Earth are streamable for me on Netflix.

Might want to check your netflix settings Bloodworth.

Eh, wasn't the other day. its ok though, I have seen them.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 12:05:12 AM

I watched one episode when it was on Starz on-demand on Netflix, I think it must have been the horrid spraying blood that turned me off the first time.

As a special effects bloodspatter show.... it's lacking.

As a political intrigue and character development show it's great!

I'm enjoying it now that I realize what it is.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 05:19:58 AM

I watched one episode when it was on Starz on-demand on Netflix, I think it must have been the horrid spraying blood that turned me off the first time.

As a special effects bloodspatter show.... it's lacking.

As a political intrigue and character development show it's great!

I'm enjoying it now that I realize what it is.

You forgot to mention the tits and ass.  I forgive you, this time.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 11:24:23 AM

Horrid spray? Its kinda stylized, ill give you that. But as fluids go, its well done.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 04, 2011, 12:10:09 PM

Horrid spray? Its kinda stylized, ill give you that. But as fluids go, its well done.

...and if you see the one where Ilythia's recruit gets crucified, you'll find the effects to be adequately conveying the message.

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 05, 2011, 05:19:27 PM

Did I.... did I just see..... DP?
 swamp poop
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 05, 2011, 06:57:50 PM

Did I.... did I just see..... DP?
 swamp poop

We should have heard lots and lots of screaming, but besides that yes you just did   ACK!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:33 PM

Don't the rich powerful guys have their own slaves to bang? i can understand wanting to bang the gladiators since they are semi celebrities, but random slave girls are probably a dime a dozen literally.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 06, 2011, 10:16:38 PM

He did remark that there was a lack of virgins in his household.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #69 on: February 06, 2011, 10:27:32 PM

Netflix is for some reason refusing to stream the latest episode.  I keep getting "there was an error, try again later."  Other videos work fine.   Mob

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena  
Jump to: