Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:54:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO, WIn7 and .Net Passport 1.1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOTRO, WIn7 and .Net Passport 1.1  (Read 11098 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: December 27, 2010, 04:27:17 AM

The three don't want to play nicely together, so at the moment I have no way to make the game work. It boggles the mind that this is an issue in 2010 after the game went F2P. Does anyone have any ideas?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 04:30:56 AM

Heh why are you even reinstalling it? Are you over your burnout already?
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:36:49 AM

Is it failing on some part of the install or launcher thing or what?

I didn't have any .NET-related problems with LoTRO on my current, Win7 x64, box when I was playing.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:07:21 AM

I don't know about Passport but when I had some .NET issues with LotRO I found a reinstall would fix it.  If there is some other way to install the ancient APIs that AC2 client needs, I don't know about it.  They don't seem to show up in the normal installed software list, but I know that list is for dingalings rather than smart people; haven't bothered to learn how to get the real list from powershell yet.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:41:54 AM

I have had issues installing in the past.  A simple reinstall fixed it.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:55 PM

(re)Install from discs, or a clean download from Turbine?

I've tried both a move across with the regedit tool thing, and also from discs (once). Haven't tried a clean re-download up to now, since it's a huge install and would require a dedicated overnight run for something that might not work when I could be doing other things.

Reg - I don't hate the game (never did, I was critical and disappointed with the way they handled F2P), and in small casual doses I'm sure I can enjoy it again. I just have to ignore Turbine's dodgy design choices when I come up to them. Lone-Lands are a great zone to play through, and our Hobbits are about the right level to do some more of them, and if we can get through the shithole that is Moria with our elves the game might be fun again, like it was until we got there - whatever that zone is called outside of/before Moria was fine and fun. I'll just have to tell my rabid 8-12-hour-session friends to calm the fuck down if they want us to play with them.  I spent some of my lifetime sub TP on a goat, so Moria might be slightly less painful/faster as well. I'm also keen to see the game in DX11, since the visuals were always a strong point.

With the benefit of calm hindsight, I think being forced into the Minstrel role for our group probably didn't help either. I'd have preferred a more traditional healer archetype (EQ Cleric, WoW Priest) or a DPS. I always had much more fun playing my wife's hunter, as well.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 07:09:35 AM

I have been using a download for installs, pretty sure I never had optical media for this game.  I might suggest getting the recent client download instead of applying three+ years of patches.

I think the RK is more of a traditional healer than some might think.  No twisting songs, at least, more of the "cast a healing spell" sort of class.  Now there is a new skill (forget the level but it's sort of high) which will instantly drop you to neutral and have your skills cost zero power for a few seconds; couple that with some of the consumables which add attunement and you can change your tactics pretty quickly.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 08:52:58 AM

I think the RK is more of a traditional healer than some might think.  No twisting songs, at least, more of the "cast a healing spell" sort of class.  Now there is a new skill (forget the level but it's sort of high) which will instantly drop you to neutral and have your skills cost zero power for a few seconds; couple that with some of the consumables which add attunement and you can change your tactics pretty quickly.

I believe there's also a trait that drops you to neutral, but even without that it's not hard to switch on the fly as there's a subset of skills that align you neutral and are easy to fire off. I haven't had any problem bringing my group out of a pinch even though I'm aligned to do dmg.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 05:30:33 PM

I agree, it's just the new skill puts you at neutral immediately.  Easymode, but whatever, Moria is tough.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 06:47:31 PM

I agree, it's just the new skill puts you at neutral immediately.  Easymode, but whatever, Moria is tough.

I'll have to look into this skill. My Warden friend will be very pleased to hear this.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 10:49:33 PM

As a very late update. Downloaded all the install files and they worked perfectly on all of the newer Win7 machines. Have been too busy to play though. Which goes for WoW as well.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: LOTRO, WIn7 and .Net Passport 1.1  
Jump to: