Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163255 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #350 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:04 PM

This would have been SO awesome if we had a subforum...

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:59 PM

That image is open in Gimp right now - trying to grab group 4 at least...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48:32 PM

Don't leak anything or I'll unleash the USA on your ass.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #353 on: January 11, 2011, 02:56:03 PM

That image is open in Gimp right now - trying to grab group 4 at least...
Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? tell me tell me, I'm ready to start spring training.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #354 on: January 11, 2011, 02:57:46 PM

Last night I tried to add another apothecary to my team (had exactly the 50 gold required), but the + option was grayed out.  I could buy other things like cheerleaders though.  Are apothecaries capped at 1 or something?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: January 11, 2011, 02:58:49 PM

Yep, only one apothecary.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:14 PM

Video CHEESY ANTICLIMATIC VIDEO is on youtube now. "Processing". Should be done in 10 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:01:06 PM by Falconeer »

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:57 PM

Awwwwwwww, damn.  Why?   cry

Err, is that a league rule or an actual BB rule?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: January 11, 2011, 03:04:07 PM

Most of this is approximate word shape, I GUARANTEE THIS IS WRONG. That photo is a bit rubbish.

I need one of those magic 'make everything clear' filters.

EDIT : As predicted, this is wrong - watch the video below.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:09:01 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:30 PM

BB rule - though you can by more with inducements if, say, your TV has dropped below 1000 because all your players keep dropping dead,

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #360 on: January 11, 2011, 03:06:48 PM

BB. You can use inducements to buy up to 2 temporary apothecaries as well before a given match.

EDIT: Also you don't need to be below 1000 to use inducements, just lower value than your opponent (or you can put in petty cash, but that's generally not a great idea.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:49 PM

I know, I was subtly psyching Teleku out regarding his elfs' tendancies to physically snap in half every time a dice gets rolled in a match, and the resulting impact it has had on his TV.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: January 11, 2011, 03:26:08 PM

Considering I played an entire season and am now entering this one with a TV lower than 1000, yeah.    awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: January 11, 2011, 03:45:43 PM

VIDEO IS HERE.

And so are the groupings. They will be posted here and updated in-game soon, but you can have some fun with the real-time tension of the video.

Mind, it's 15 minutes long, filled with bad pronunciation and a terrible accent. Obnoxious.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahxKGCUnmzM

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #364 on: January 11, 2011, 03:59:26 PM

I laughed, I cried.  I wish I was in the Twilight 2000 division though.  I cannot grow a fabulous enough mustache for the Orient Express division.  cry
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: January 11, 2011, 04:07:53 PM

Very nice.

Battletech Group is a tough one - full of serious business beat you up and take your lunch money a TV1000 races. Pretty happy with Stormbringer Group, nice mix of games.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:17:19 PM by eldaec »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #366 on: January 11, 2011, 04:09:34 PM

Crocodile Dundee hat was the highlight for me.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

As an ex-Twilight 2000 player, I embrace my randomly chosen division!  Perhaps I can get some revenge against Falconeer for his tie against my Orcs last season as well.

Excellent job on the video, commissioner.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #367 on: January 11, 2011, 04:16:33 PM

Love it.

"These are the crappiest teams!"

"Strazos....interesting rematch...fuck you."

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: January 11, 2011, 04:28:06 PM

There was so much more off (and unwanted) humour but it all had to be cut off, including fake sports commentary about the matchups, the players and all. Maybe next time.
I had no idea it all took so long.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #369 on: January 11, 2011, 04:36:52 PM

I think what I liked that most is I got put in the division I wanted, Twilight 2000!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: January 11, 2011, 04:38:51 PM

I was put in the proper division, that of Stormbringer, destroyer of worlds and drinker of souls. For you, my lord Arioch!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: January 11, 2011, 04:45:19 PM

Seems like division names are epic enough, after all...

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #372 on: January 11, 2011, 04:49:57 PM

Yay! Cthulhu group for the win! Cthulu

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #373 on: January 11, 2011, 05:07:05 PM

Upon closer inspection, Twilight: 2000 division appears fairly bashy:

Norse
Amazon
Necromantic
Skaven
Human
Nurgle
Orc
Undead

Or maybe it just looks that way from the point of view of someone playing Skaven.  A nice spread though, and at least we don't have any Dwarves.  Norse are looking like a pretty strong standout as long as they stay healthy.  Nurgles are going to be a damned pain.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: January 11, 2011, 05:20:01 PM

Here are the groups!

The League is ON!

While you are all supposed to wait until the 13th to play your games, I can't see any reason not to sttart organizing, and should you be able to play tomorrow, by all means do so.

Here are the groups:

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: January 11, 2011, 05:23:15 PM

My relatively dodgy lizards are in with two undead, two necromantic, a wood elf, a dwarf, and a skaven. Of the other two vets in my pool, Llyse commands the infamous Calvin and Hobbes, while Teleku handed me my most humiliating loss of the whole second season. Hopefully the new 7 Deadly will fare better against them than my old 6 Pools did.

Shame we can't talk about this in a subforum.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: January 11, 2011, 05:36:03 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #1 (of 7)

** All games have to be played BEFORE January 22nd **

** All games have to be played BEFORE January 22nd **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** All relevant info updated in the OP. You can always find up to date Scores and Standings there **

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:52 PM

Falc, if you have all email addresses can we get a new all send email out to everyone with contact information? I know I, at least, was using email way more than PMs to set up my games.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #378 on: January 11, 2011, 05:50:32 PM

I don't feel so bad about Cthulhu group. Orc, Undead and Khemri may be a problem, but I can actually block against the other teams.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I look forward to having these words slammed back down my purty High Elf mouth.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #379 on: January 11, 2011, 05:54:13 PM

First Pm sent for a rematch from Season 2. Not looking forward to dealing with a strip ball tackling war dancer...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #380 on: January 11, 2011, 05:56:25 PM

My reactions, I'll try to keep them in order.

Stormbringer division I was first team chosen so at least I could watch knowing what was happening. Dwarves to Battletech horray, fuck those stumpy fucks! Neither Skaven team in my group here's hoping Lameros gets matched against Dwarves first game so they can eat his GR's and we can all laugh! Getting an extra newb team was a highlight, not that I think I can crush Kail for free or anything *whistles*. Was sorry to miss out on the Teleku lottery if only we had gotten his wood elves instead of scary Silver Horde Norse. I was sure we were getting a Necro team as our elite team but then we got Megrim's Vamps this whole time I hadn't known they were in the playoffs somehow. I thought it was the two Necro teams Strazos and Comstar.

Looking at my schedule in-game I get first crack at killing the maximum amount of snotlings I can get my hands on and then I get the Lizardmen hopefully after they've been tenderized by the veteran Vampires. Feel free to murder his Krox Megrim you know you want to.

Also I'd like to advance a motion to call the Cthulhu the Oriental Division from now on.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:57:56 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: January 11, 2011, 06:01:28 PM

The more I think of it, the more the lack of a subforum feels like a cockblock to (more) fun. I have to make forum acrobatics to keep relevant infos accessible, and significant posts will be lost anyway. Aren't we being obnoxious enough for everyone who is not into Blood Bowl by keeping this thread constantly on top, and possibly forever, that we would do less harm in our own nerdy corner? Can't we do a strike of some sort to fight the power around here? I mean, at this point after being banned from the USA and Facebook, only thing I miss is an f13 ban. Seriously, class action dammit!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:03:42 PM by Falconeer »

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: January 11, 2011, 06:01:39 PM

Nice video. I like the impartial feline observer, but I admit I skipped to the thread eventually. Needed more swooshy graphics & sound effects and of course lots of dramatically walking around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM&feature=related (just substitute 'blood bowl' for 'football'.)

As for my draw, I had a bad feeling I'd end up with one of the veteran Necro sides -- but at least I get to start the season off chewing on some delicious rats!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: January 11, 2011, 06:10:17 PM

So.... do we have to wait until the 13th to start playing, or can we get right to it?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: January 11, 2011, 06:10:52 PM

You all can set up your games and play.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: