Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 ** 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  (Read 163259 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: January 05, 2011, 08:56:26 PM

Password sent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #211 on: January 06, 2011, 01:37:37 PM

If we enter this season with a new team can we bring back a team from season 2 at a later time?

For instance: I played Denton Despoilers in season 2, but play a Skaven team in season 3.  If we play a season 4 would I be allowed to bring back the Denton Despoilers?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #212 on: January 06, 2011, 01:56:11 PM

Yes, if they didn't play a SINGLE other game in any other competition or friendly match or anything. They have to be frozen at what they were after their last match in the f13 League, injuries included. But I am not sure if it can be checked, or cheated, so maybe that yes should actually be a no.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:32 PM

That yes should be a no for the reasons you just said. Not that I don't trust people but it's just easier and good for long term harmony if there's no constant comebacks of retired teams.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #214 on: January 06, 2011, 02:15:40 PM

Teams have match record charts that can easily be checked though.  Two clicks and you'd know whether or not they had played in a game outside of the league.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: January 06, 2011, 02:21:17 PM

Yep - View Team->Match Record Chart->All Matches tab shows the match history.  Easy! 
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #216 on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:52 PM

Eh, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  Just as a rule, at the beginning of every new season, anybody who is changing teams will announce so, in thread.  Then you can easily check those who are changing.  Or you could even just have them post a screen shot of there record chart in thread to reduce managements work.

I think allowing for some rotation would help with player retention in the long run.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #217 on: January 06, 2011, 02:37:14 PM

I'll be retained no matter what as a player, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable trying a new team knowing that if something goes terribly wrong, or I hate my new team, that my advancement in a previous team wasn't completely lost due to an experiment and I could go back to something I previously built in the next season.  I've got no problem with not playing them between seasons.

Right now, if we're allowed to bring back teams in later seasons I know that I'll play a different team this season.  If not, I'll probably stick with my Orcs.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: January 06, 2011, 02:51:06 PM

I guess everyone is right. After all, if you can already cheat with the actual system, meaning people could gain points, SP and money by playing some fake League games after dropping from S#2 and before joining S#3. Seems unpractical but it's possible, and it still requires some serious cheating to delete the match record log anyway. So, just to make it absolutely safe, let's say that any new player planning on "freezing" a team for later use has to send me a screenshot of their team page BEFORE leaving the f13 Season they just played in. And they will be allowed to join a later League ONLY if the team page shows the same identical data of the stored screenshot.

So, send me a screenshot of the Denton Despoilers, and I'll store it for you. Same for anyone else who is planning to "freeze" an old team for a later use.

Sounds fair, isn't it? No screenshot, no freezing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:53:49 PM by Falconeer »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #219 on: January 06, 2011, 02:59:05 PM

Fine by me, as long as you don't mind any extra work that it might entail.  Can the match record log actually be tampered with?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:19 PM

Fine by me, as long as you don't mind any extra work that it might entail.  Can the match record log actually be tampered with?

Everything in this world can be tampered with. Send the screenshot, son  this guy looks legit

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: January 06, 2011, 03:06:03 PM

If you're willing to catalog the stuff I reckon there's no issue with it.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #222 on: January 06, 2011, 03:25:17 PM

Done!

I will be playing Rat Country this season.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: January 06, 2011, 03:34:57 PM

Pointy Hat Squad has been submitted for long-term storage as well.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: January 06, 2011, 03:59:55 PM

Personally I think the match record is more than enough to cover comeback teams. But if Falconeer wants to keep this its all good.

Honestly if someone plays a couple of random friendlies I'm not that bothered, given the rest of us will have a had a whole season.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: January 06, 2011, 05:01:08 PM

There's probably a team file somewhere you could stick in cold storage as well.

Hmm, have to admit, I always played high elves on the tabletop Warhammer FB game and a really enjoyed the games I had with them in story mode. Will i go back to my roots... Decisions decisions

Hic sunt dracones.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: January 06, 2011, 06:24:14 PM

I am going to roll a human team for season 3.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: January 06, 2011, 06:37:44 PM

I'm going chaos if no one else does. Otherwise I'll pick another unrepresented race.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #228 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:50 PM

I believe the teams and match histories are stored server-side. meaning we don't even have access to them in order to tamper with them.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: January 07, 2011, 12:40:20 AM

Hoax was giving me some friendly advice about Chaos before, and has made me possibly re-think my lineup. I would appreciate some feedback from whoever cares to mention.

I was going to use this setup:

8xBeastmen
2xChaos Warrior
1xMino
2xRR
1xApoth

Now I know this is perhaps not 'ideal' or anything, but can I perhaps get away with it given the general level of players skill in the league? I would like to play Chaos but the idea of starting without the mino makes the team a bit less 'exciting' for me, and I think the Apoth is probably a sounder investment than another Warrior (a dead mino in the first game would make me cry). I figure I can make up for the slow start over the course of the league, and have a bit more fun doing it than with a more sensible lineup, but I've never played a league before and would appreciate some thoughts.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:59 AM

All I can say is that the general level of the League is pretty low. I am a very poor player myself, and I'd say (watching replays too) that no one is THAT good yet, which is a good thing and leaves lots of room for everyone to enjoy. I can't help you with Chaos, I know nothing about them, but it's a team that really starts slow and grows very cool, with that damned claw skill. At some point they don't win games but cripple their opponents on a regular basis. you might have to wait Season#4 for that, but it's gonna happen if you regularly equip your players with the claw mutation.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: January 07, 2011, 03:18:50 AM

If you really want the minotaur I'd seriously consider swapping one of the chaos warriors and the apothecary out for a beastman and a reroll.

Running out rerolls on turn 2 sucks monkey balls.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: January 07, 2011, 05:56:59 AM

Ahh stuff it. I don't care care if others are the same team. I'm playing Skaven. Golly they have some moves! Just had a guy rage quit after my block/dauntless runner dodged out of two marking him, got an assist from the runner with 10 mv who was coming from prone, knocked his chaos warrior out and the ball out of bounds, then picked it up with another runner and cleared it nearly to the touchdown.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:01:55 AM by lamaros »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:10 AM

Pretty sure you're only the second skaven coach.

I think we're currently expecting...

3 Necro
3 Norse
2 Amazon
2 Skaven
2 Orc
1 Dark Elf
1 Wood Elf
1 Khemri
1 Human
1 Undead
1 Lizardmen
1 Nurgle
1 Dwarf
1 Vampire
11 Unknown

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #234 on: January 07, 2011, 08:40:51 AM

That looks about right though I had moved Sir T off of Nurgle on my mental list after he said something about playing High Elves in table top so its possible if Lamaros doesn't play chaos we'll have zero warpbeasts of either flavor. Which I think makes sense they are not a new player friendly team.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: January 07, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

I think my RL friend drogg is debating chaos. He's just been out of town awhile so hasn't been able to chime in.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: January 07, 2011, 09:15:02 AM

Would just need a Pro Elf and a Nurgle from the other ten to give us at least one of each (excluding comedy races). Awesome.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: January 07, 2011, 11:17:28 AM

Well, if it will give a bit of variety to the League I'll confirm Nurgle then. Played a few games last night with the elves and got slaughtered, so I might as well have some guys with a bit of toughness for now. I doubt I'll carry them over to the next league though.

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: January 07, 2011, 11:36:29 AM

We don't have high elfs either, so you're giving us a new race whichever way.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: January 07, 2011, 11:48:38 AM

I was going to use this setup:

8xBeastmen
2xChaos Warrior
1xMino
2xRR
1xApoth

Minotaur will give you fits.  Wild Animal is a harsh mistress.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: January 07, 2011, 11:53:25 AM

Only 9 out of the 16 veterans joined the new League already. Where are the other 7?

Anyway, sending passwords out to the new coaches now, so everyone who has a team and a firm idea on it can join.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: January 07, 2011, 11:55:34 AM

Maybe they forgot the password.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: January 07, 2011, 12:01:34 PM

Just sent a mail to EVERYONE, with instructions and password. If you didn't get an email from me we have a huge problem so speak out NOW.

I know I am whining, but this is another topic that would deserve a thread of its own. Doesn't it suck that we don't have a subforum? Oh yes it does!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #243 on: January 07, 2011, 12:19:06 PM

At the risk of raising the ire of admins, I think that it would be awfully handy.  This league is pretty big, and there is potential for Radicalthon-esque coverage.  I can't see it being done in one or even two threads though.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #244 on: January 07, 2011, 12:28:46 PM

Also, the resource thread is now handling troubleshooting duties...

I've got to get more time practicing (like, actually make it through some of the damn story mode) this weekend so I know my ass from my butt. I blame Mafia 2 being too much fun. Sorry, Rift beta, you aren't a-happenin'.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:31:13 PM by Sky »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - ** f13 League, Season #3 **  
Jump to: