Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™  (Read 7841 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: November 19, 2010, 06:23:23 AM

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND TURBINE UNVEIL THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™

New Digital Expansion to The Lord of the Rings Online™ Launching Fall 2011

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment unveiled today The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™, the latest expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine. Rise of Isengard will expand the online world of Middle-earth where players will join forces to press further eastward into the legendary region of Isengard. Rise of Isengard will be available for purchase in the LOTRO Store in the Fall of 2011 with an increased level cap, the new region of Isengard including the legendary tower of Orthanc, enhancements to monster play and much more!

“2010 has been a year of unprecedented growth for The Lord of the Rings Online with our successful introduction of a free-to-play option for our players,” said Kate Paiz, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online. “This is going to be another outstanding year for the game as we progress on our journey toward Mordor and it all begins with our upcoming November update. The journey will carry through 2011 ending with our arrival in the epic region of Isengard where players will confront the raging war and shadow that has spread across Middle-earth.”

NEW FEATURES:

* Experience the Rise of Isengard – The Epic Story continues as the Grey Company makes its way south into Dunland, but troubles arise as their road takes them into lands where Dunlending forces, marshaled by the Wizard Saruman, prepare for war. The Rangers must seek new allies and face dangerous new foes, chief among them the traitor Saruman, whose web of intrigue threatens to endanger your quest, your friends, and your life.
    * Increased Level Cap — Players will be able advance their characters up to level 70, gaining access to new traits, virtues, skills and class quests.
    * Expanded Monster Play – LOTRO’s monster play system will get a major revamp including opening up the feature to all players, changes to monster player skills and advancement and a brand new region for players to battle for or against the forces of evil.

The Lord of the Rings Online is the ultimate adventure. This award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most famous fantasy of all time. From the picturesque surroundings of the Shire to Moria, the most fearsome underground realm ever imagined, players can experience the world of Middle-earth for free! For more information, visit www.lotro.com.

Rise of Isengard™ Teaser

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:38:54 AM

So, next December then?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:05:25 AM

Its also free.

2011, however, holds a new path for Lord of the Rings Players: the release of the free digital expansion, the Rise of Isengard, scheduled for Fall of 2011.

While many details of the expansion are still in the works, the team explains that they want to be “transparent” about some of the features that are coming next year, many of which are based around priorities such as legendary items, radiance, and monster play.

The level cap will be raised to 70, and three new regions will be introduced: Dunland, the Gap of Rohan, and Isengard (including Saruman's dwelling, the Tower of Orthanc). New content will have a wide level range berth, adding new mid-level content as well as adding new high level areas. The team wouldn't divulge where players might see the new mid-level content, but hinted that new instances and skirmishes would be added to that level range, with Aaron adding, “You'll tend to come back to places you know already and know well.” The Rangers have moved on south, the team explains, and that means that “players are going to need to kind of step up, watch over, and take care of.” In addition to this, new First Age items “are coming,” giving high-end raiders something to look forward to.

The cosmetic system will be upgraded, with new slots to use new types of cosmetic items, the ability to carry more outfits, and the long-awaited addition of cosmetic pets. While the pets will not be interactive, they will be a “fun toy” to show off to your friends.

Monster Play will also be seeing some major changes in the Fall of Isengard, and will be expanded on significantly, adding new skill selections as well as new areas in the world for monsters and players to battle. The goal here is twofold, Aaron explains: in the short term, the team wants to make monster players feel effective and part of the battle immediately; going forward, they want to expand monster play to free players as an option (possibly purchased through the Store). Overall, the team wants the player to have an experience that is “exciting, powerful, and where you can progress your character significantly.”

Link

EDIT: Then again, I half suspect someone at MMORPG.com mistyped.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:11:50 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:17:31 PM

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard?
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 01:37:58 PM

Hmmn... Monster Play.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 02:25:29 PM

MP is unlikely to become less appealing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 02:44:00 PM

So Expansions are named patches in f2pland?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 03:05:17 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 02:54:04 PM

I'm putting my money on the new PvMP area is helms deep.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 03:02:20 PM

I swear you guys are bipolar.

Edit: BW excepted.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 03:55:35 PM

So Expansions are named patches in f2pland?

Lineage II and Aion do the same thing.  Small patches = patches and big patches = "free expansions" and maybe a new retail box with the updated subtitle.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 09:05:07 PM

One year away.... that gives me a lot of time not to be playing.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Oh the gauntlet has been thrown, Furiously.  I bet I can log out more hours than you.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 11:13:50 AM

Oh the gauntlet has been thrown, Furiously.  I bet I can log out more hours than you.

Want to make that a wager?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 12:09:02 PM

Want to make that a wager?

I want in.  I doubt I'll log in at all for the next year.  Without a steady group, there's zero reason to.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 03:22:51 PM

I'm pushing 35k hours /not played.  You don't want to mess with me!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 05:22:24 PM

You guys are pikers. I'm nearly at 52,500 hours /notplayed in WoW.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 06:20:45 PM

WINNAR!

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 06:42:57 PM

WINNAR!

Yeah, a quick way to show this:

It's hilarious.

awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:44:45 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 07:28:59 PM

More on point... I'm pretty excited about this expansion. I'm glad that Turbine is sticking with the game (F2P or not) and developing the storyline. Sure, we know the story, but I like that they are doing the expansion of the world via the story. It would be really awesome if they could do something similar to WoW: Cataclysm after the end of the current storyline and really change the world up. I like this evolving MMOG thing. Seems an interesting way to keep things fresh while not having to completely develop a "II" game.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 09:20:30 AM

I'd enjoy if there were eventually two versions of the Shire (for example) so that you could have a world "changing" as you followed the epic line.  Or any other storyline, I guess.  Walls of Moria comes to mind as a early version of this.

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 08:49:27 PM

I'd enjoy if there were eventually two versions of the Shire (for example) so that you could have a world "changing" as you followed the epic line.  Or any other storyline, I guess.  Walls of Moria comes to mind as a early version of this.

Yes. That's a fun idea and a way to make things a bit more... dynamic? At least then they could leverage instancing to provide a new play experience in "existing" zones. We shall see what happens...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™  
Jump to: