Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:07:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WAR Account Entitlements(EA Store) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAR Account Entitlements(EA Store)  (Read 13267 times)
Shatter
Terracotta Army

on: November 04, 2010, 11:37:57 AM

Linky

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning proudly introduces an all new service for our players; Account Entitlements!  These services are available now for purchase from the EA store and include the following features offered at special introductory prices:
Server Transfer - $19.99 USD, this will grant you a code that can be redeemed for one server transfer for a single character.
Starter Mount Pack – $8.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive a deed to obtain a mount usable at level 2 giving players a 25% speed boost and have a 100% chance to dismount upon damage.
Trusty Mount Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive a deed to obtain your choice of a new mount usable at level 20 giving players mounts of up to 60% speed boost and have a 55% chance to dismount upon damage
Trinkets of the World Pack – $4.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive two tokens to spend at the new Trophy Vendor in the capital cities. Each token can be used to purchase one of 14 different trophies.
Specialized Training Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will recieve one War Tract that will allow them to immediately advance one full level when used
Herald Pet Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will be granted adoption papers to the Snotling Herald vanity pet. This pet will follow you around and give you a boost!
For a list a Frequently Asked Questions, please read here!

Account entitlements are now available, so be sure to visit the EA Store today to check them out!

(Codes may only be redeemed once per account, excluding character server transfers)

(Prices may vary by region, please refer to the EA Store for pricing)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:42:01 AM by Shatter »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:43:51 AM

This sets up F2P rather nicely.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:19:44 PM

Specialized Training Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will recieve one War Tract that will allow them to immediately advance one full level when used

!!!

LOL, pay us so your characters do not have to play the game! Genius!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:58:30 PM

One time per account.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 01:17:11 PM

LOL, pay us so your characters do not have to play the game! Genius!

EvE has a very successful version of payment for off-line advancement. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:31:36 PM

Server Transfer - $19.99 USD, this will grant you a code that can be redeemed for one server transfer for a single character.
This is a step back.  As of a few months ago you could freely transfer between servers.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 01:57:59 PM

Am I reading that correctly? Ten bucks for ONE level, one time only? Goddamned fools. Make it two bucks for a level of your choice, unlimited. That would save their fucking game right there.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 01:59:38 PM

Am I reading that correctly? Ten bucks for ONE level, one time only? Goddamned fools. Make it two bucks for a level of your choice, unlimited. That would save their fucking game right there.

They need to do what Mythic did with DAoC.  Grant a free level every 3-5 days if you gain one level the old-fashioned way. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 02:23:45 PM

F2P or no one gives a shit.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 07:42:27 PM

First steps to that model...

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:19 AM

Didn't they say not that long ago that they were "100% NOT GOING TO F2P!!!"?

Why the hell not? It's not like they could possibly lose any more money with this steaming pile.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 04:07:25 AM

It was over a year ago.

If the unlimited trial is restricted to T1, then the only benefit is increased population at tier 1.  I'd have thought at this point you would be trying more drastic measures like making destruction free to play till RR40, maybe super rare loot drops on cities/keeps allowing +1 RR increase over 40.  Then you wouldn't have to worry about balance and you could just say Order is meant to be overpowered, they actually pay.

I will respectfully disagree with you on the benefit.

Also, why on earth would we make Destruction FTP? I'm assuming you do not know the current state of the servers.

As with any faction based MMO, the balance of power swings like a pendulum.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 07:06:48 AM

Why the hell not? It's not like they could possibly lose any more money with this steaming pile.

I'm pretty sure they could pull it off. They could switch to the model APB was using.  Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 07:49:12 AM

Seems to me that the F2P model only works if you have actual artists and developers creating stuff that people might want to buy.  If you are going to go F2P you need to do it before the grim reaper has his fingers around your neck.

This sounds more like someone upstairs said, "I know! We'll go F2P!  It's working for other games!  DDO! AMIRITE?!".  The already very demoralized skeleton crew then has the task of "proving" whether a F2P model will work for WAR.

Queue a half-hearted attempt to put together things to sell with very little artistic or development resources.  Which is why they are adding very little to the store that isn't already in the game (level 1 mount and snotling are new (?)... but honestly, what they are offering probably required no resources at all - the snotling was likely sitting on someones harddrive and the level 1 horse is just data). 

Queue the accountants saying, "if you bring in X it will push you into a 'less red' area.  X requires absurd prices which everyone realizes are broken.  So they go with prices that are as close to absurd as they think they can get, without actually being laughably absurd.

I don't see any of this stuff actually bringing in new people players.  I also don't see anything that existing players are going to feel like are worth it.

I wish they had development staff so that I could tinfoilhat a theory that the producer didn't want to go F2P and was tossing this out there as a way to prove to the suits that F2P didn't make any sense for this game.  Sadly, I believe that isn't the case.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 08:03:36 AM

Just tossing out useless microtrans stuff without making the game F2P is going to do nothing to grow accounts. It might make them a little more money in the short-term, but won't really affect the eventual demise positively or negatively. This very much looks like a way for someone to prove their assertion that F2P and microtrans aren't worth doing in WAR. Better for the game to die a slow, painful death than be proven wrong.

The only way I'd ever go back to this game is if it was F2P.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 08:48:59 AM

It's not even really worth F2P with microtrans at this point. 

I did find the fact that you could pay $20.00 to transfer to the other server a bit funny.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 03:27:19 PM

I'd go back if it was true F2P, where I could obtain all PvP related options by not paying with the understanding that I'd have to do more work/grinding for it.  I would certainly play it.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 05:59:50 PM

Didn't they say not that long ago that they were "100% NOT GOING TO F2P!!!"?

This may be the first step to F2P but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't pulling an EQ2 and charging a monthly sub + cash shop items as a new business model. Lets be honest, if your still playing WAR your hardcore enough to either A. be willing to spend the money for a second account but currently have no reason to or B. be very willing to spend way over the amount of money deemed sane to continue to play if the benefits for doing so is large enough. I can bet you that a lot of these big launches in the future who have companies too proud to join LotR online and Dungeon and Dragons online will probably keep themselves afloat by milking the hardcore left.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 09:21:14 AM

That seems like a big risk. I bet there are a lot of WAR subscribers teetering on the edge of saying "Fuck it." and leaving. If it becomes sub+cs, I think people might start leaving even faster.

Then again, I don't play the game, so I have no idea what the atmosphere in the community is like, this is just me guessing.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 10:08:01 AM

Well I'm going by the pattern of most mmo's which having hemorrhaging players generally leave behind a hardscore sub base. EQ1, EQ2, UO, SWG etc. Hardcore players are more willing to "invest" more money into the game than the gamers who are on the brink of quitting. No mmo population truly dies, just sheds away the casual elements of it playerbase as time progresses.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:25:44 AM by DLRiley »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: WAR Account Entitlements(EA Store)  
Jump to: