Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Lotro Survey email 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lotro Survey email  (Read 11207 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: October 30, 2010, 07:24:02 AM

Anyone else got one of these? It seemed fine, and I was happy to go along with it and give some feedback right up until it told me that it needed to install a plugin for my browser so I could view such exciting multimedia as images and video.
 Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 11:24:34 AM

Not I, but they have occasionally sent out surveys to small portions of the playerbase. Check the forums to see if it's legit.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:15:08 PM

Seems like it's less of a survey and more of some marketing/monetization thing. I was told I don't qualify for the survey!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 04:30:19 PM

Checked out the lorto forums (there were no results I could find when I got the email this morning) - and it seems to be "legit" - from a 3rd part market research company. Though the awesome plugin they want people to download and install  Ohhhhh, I see. is an .exe file  why so serious?

So um, gg guys.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:43 PM

I was told I don't qualify for the survey!

Same.  I didn't have to install anything in Chrome though.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:44:46 PM

Saw your post, so I pasted the link into Chrome - "your browser is not supported".

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 04:36:50 AM

You're way too worried about a marketing survey. And going to a lot of trouble to do it. While that's nice and everything, if a survey required me to install a plug-in, I wouldn't waste my time. Delete it and send an e-mail to Turbine telling them to get a better marketing company to handle their surveys.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 12:38:40 PM

Sorry, you do not qualify to complete the remainder of this survey. Thank you for your time.

I got the survey, but did not qualify for second half.  I feel like a failure!

Bit of advice to Turbine; you may want to get with whoever runs that survey and smack them.  That verbiage is pretty poor...

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 09:48:33 PM

I didn't qualify either, presumably because I was honest at the very beginning and said I worked at a game company.

- Henry Cobb
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 10:00:07 PM

After reading this thread and the ones on their official forums, it looks as though this survey has been a raging success all around!  why so serious?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 12:41:22 PM

Dear LOTRO Player,

Due to an exceedingly large volume of responses to our recent survey, some of our players were informed that they weren't eligible to participate. This issue has been corrected, and we hope you'll participate in the LOTRO player survey!

In addition, we updated our survey platform to be compatible with all system configurations. This updated survey will not require a download or installation of any 3rd-party software.

We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration, and we hope you'll take a few moments to provide us with your feedback by taking our survey. We value your opinion!

I haven't looked at their forums since the first day, but I imagine the shitstorm must have increased exponentially.   awesome, for real

edit - their survey still can't handle chrome. wheeee
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:49:19 PM by Azazel »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:10 PM

I'll just bitch on the forums, if that's OK.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:22 PM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 01:54:42 PM

So I get to nearly the end of the survey (or what seemed end-ish because of length) and...

http://www.synapsesurveys.com/siv/download_no.html

Your platform or web browser may not be permitted
Access to the survey has been denied because your browser could not be determined or is not supported.

Supported browsers:

Windows
Web browsers supported are IE6, IE7 and IE8, Firefox 3.x
64-bit Windows Operating Systems are not currently supported
Beta versions of browsers (Firefox 4 or IE9) are not supported

Contact us if you are receiving this page in error.

On... the current Chrome beta on Win7 x64.  Do I get something for ticking all the boxes?

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 11:00:38 PM

Um, yeah. That's what I was talkin 'bout. Willis.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:32 PM

What's not surprising? That the browser that has a 20%-and-gaining usage share which is also now the 3rd most-used is excluded from their survey? The one that's apparently taken 40% of IE users in the last 2 years?

Oh Bloodworth. Only you.
 Ohhhhh, I see.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 11:08:48 PM

You're way too worried about a marketing survey. And going to a lot of trouble to do it. While that's nice and everything, if a survey required me to install a plug-in, I wouldn't waste my time. Delete it and send an e-mail to Turbine telling them to get a better marketing company to handle their surveys.

I'd actually lost interest the moment after I posted that and pretty much forgotten about it until I got the new email. I didn't care enough to email Turbine, but thanks for the thought.  awesome, for real

But I am curious at this point to see what these awesome images are, and if it were, you know, an actual survey to help improve LOTRO I'd be quite interested. Instead, I'm just bemused and slightly curious. I'm not exactly raging here. The forums were amusing, though.  Popcorn

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 02:30:03 AM

What's not surprising? That the browser that has a 20%-and-gaining usage share which is also now the 3rd most-used is excluded from their survey? The one that's apparently taken 40% of IE users in the last 2 years?

Oh Bloodworth. Only you.
 Ohhhhh, I see.
Those stats are rather pointless though, they're from W3School's own logs so will be very biased. These will be much more representative for the LotRO community.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 04:59:51 AM

Um, yeah. That's what I was talkin 'bout. Willis.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, I didn't get that last time as I got dumped to the "don't qualify" page after the sex/age question.  This time I got as far as questions about other MMO IPs, then it started acting a little strange, and finally got the page I linked.

What a little clusterfuck.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 05:31:39 AM

Oh Bloodworth. Only you.
 Ohhhhh, I see.

Yes. Many web applications do not run in those browsers, while chrome is gaining speed, many companies and clients do not consider them yet. Now, why this survey needs an install like that is a different story.

And no, not only me.

I'm not clear as to why they switched providers, previous surveys were just fine. But hay, turbines/WB party.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 06:47:29 AM

My wife took the survey (why?) and she told me it was all about "how many MMOs do you think you could play at one time?" and stuff that led her to think Turbine is looking to crank out more games.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 08:03:07 AM

My wife took the survey (why?) and she told me it was all about "how many MMOs do you think you could play at one time?" and stuff that led her to think Turbine is looking to crank out more games.

I hope they do. They have their act together w.r.t. developing, launching, supporting, and expanding/improving games. So even when they fail (see AC2), they're still light years ahead of most of their competitors.

Hell, they're still kicking out content updates for Asheron's Call.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 11:30:24 AM

Their reskin of AC2 into LotRO was well-received. why so serious?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 01:03:33 PM

Their reskin of AC2 into LotRO was well-received. why so serious?

Crap, someone noticed.

SLAY THE INFIDEL!
Mob

- Henry Cobb
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:43 PM

It's fairly obvious to anyone who played both games. Although there probably aren't very many of us :)

The AC2 graphical engine had some weird animations (I always felt like my human toons were running on something slippery) but it was a huge improvement over AC1. And it obviously formed the basis for DDO and LotRO.

I wonder if there's an enum somewhere in LotRO with RACE_LUGIAN and RACE_TUMEROK in it :)

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 01:53:23 PM

For the most part I enjoyed AC2 more. 

Don't get me wrong, LotRO was fun for a couple of months, but it's rather obvious about how shallow it is.  AC2 was so broken that it kept me guessing about what was intentional vs what was screwed up.  That alone provided me with weeks of entertainment.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Lotro Survey email  
Jump to: