Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:20:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: 2K Sports Baseball Pack - $2.99 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2K Sports Baseball Pack - $2.99  (Read 3717 times)
raydeen
Terracotta Army

on: October 28, 2010, 06:50:54 AM

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6514/

MLB 2K9, 2K10 and Front Office Manager.

I usually buy a new baseball game about once every 5 or 6 years or so this was deal city for me. My fav is still Front Page Sports Baseball '96. Wish that franchise hadn't died. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone was interested.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:24 AM

Picked this pack up on the cheap as well.  Hard to ignore $2.99.  Mostly picked it up for the Front Office Manager, as sports games tend to suck on PC.

My unplayed rainy-day steam game list keeps growing and growing awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:03:45 AM

I looked at those, but didn't pull the trigger. Front Office Manager has had no roster updates since it's release over a year ago, and I just didn't have time for the MLB 2k10 when I'm still learning FIFA 11.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:03:41 AM

I almost bought this just because of the price, and I don't play sports games basicly ever, and I don't follow sports at all ever.  Then I still almost bought it after realizing that.

Damn you Steam, I think I have a problem.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:07:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I $3 is worth the chance I may never play   awesome, for real

For the record- my fav baseball series was High Heat Baseball. I think the last one was super buggy, but the few before it were really fun. Wish someone would release a good one for the 360 (fuck you PS3 and your exclusives).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 04:04:22 PM

MLB 2K10 isn't bad on 360 if you like the career pitching stuff.  Playing a position player in career mode made me angry so hopefully the next game improves upon that part, but overall it'll still be worse than The Show in all likelihood.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 04:38:02 AM

Not available in Europe? WTF? Baseball too good for us?

Edit: So it seems you can gift it from the US. Anybody up for that?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:01:44 AM by Tebonas »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 07:49:44 PM

I'm drunk and in a good mood (especially when it comes to baseball right now.  Go Giants!).  Send me what ever contact info I need (or I think you can just friend me on Steam?) and I'll send you a copy.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:31:29 AM

I started futzing around with 2K9. Had a bitch of a time trying to figure out how to change the res down to something that would be playable on my machine. It was grayed out at first so I started changing my laptop's screen res and trying other goofy things until it finally unlocked. Now I gotta figure out the controls...I did figure out the batting practice though. Looks like I need it. 4 hits and 30 some strikes.  swamp poop

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 07:32:27 AM

Front Office Manager has the most exploitable trade AI I've ever seen.  It's really awful. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 06:05:02 AM

Picked this up last week for the hell of it. Holy crap is that impossible to play via keyboard.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 01:27:28 AM

Picked this up last week for the hell of it. Holy crap is that impossible to play via keyboard.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: 2K Sports Baseball Pack - $2.99  
Jump to: