Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:28:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 MLB Playoff's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 MLB Playoff's  (Read 43276 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #140 on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:32 PM

It's currently AT&T Park I think, and if you do get a chance to go there, you totally should, because it is awesome.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #141 on: October 28, 2010, 08:27:34 PM

awesome, for real

That said, my sense of impending doom is growing stronger.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: October 28, 2010, 08:39:48 PM

awesome, for real awesome, for real

AKA Gyoza
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #143 on: October 28, 2010, 08:53:00 PM

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

It was the performance enhancing weed.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #144 on: October 28, 2010, 11:43:58 PM

I felt bad for the dude who was the starting pitcher for the Rangers.

a) He was totally hot.
b) He left for what I am sure felt like a frustrating reason.
c) He had to watch the relievers suffer their way through another inexplicable 2-out run-scoring-fest.

I'm gonna sleep on the couch tonight!  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #145 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:43 AM

I quit watching after they Rangers bullpen decided they were going to walk the entire lineup.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 29, 2010, 10:51:18 AM

I didn't.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

AKA Gyoza
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 29, 2010, 07:18:46 PM

That's when I started watching!

"I have to see this catastrophe for myself!"

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #148 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:46 PM

AL is a bunch of sissies with their DH and not having to really manage the lineup - OH NO I HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION WHETHER TO PH!!1!!one

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #149 on: October 29, 2010, 10:18:16 PM

See, I like that there is a league where people who can smack the fuck out of a ball can go and play and do their thing. But I prefer no DH 'cause watching pitchers bat, especially pitchers who haven't swung a bat in ages, is never not hilarious.

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 30, 2010, 12:16:48 AM

We just need to have our entire bullpen taken out back and shot, I guess.  It's tough, but I think they're just in pain and can't be saved, like a lame horse.

Really though I am baffled.  Some, at least, of these guys were very solid in the regular season, and they have done nothing but melt down entirely at the slightest provocation in the playoffs.

Hopefully coming home does... something.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #151 on: October 30, 2010, 04:17:35 PM

Help, I have to watch this game all by myself 'cause Ingmar is off playing D&D in the game I don't play in. :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #152 on: October 30, 2010, 07:05:03 PM

Oh, Giants!  awesome, for real

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 31, 2010, 01:23:36 AM

THAT is how I expected this series to look.  Rangers win if they get their four runs, otherwise Giants.  We'll see if it goes back to insanity later on.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: October 31, 2010, 08:46:58 PM

So far this is going more or less with what I considered the best-case scenario.  Heart I figured of the 4 starters Sanchez was the most likely to blow it, and that Lewis on the road was going to be tough on top of that. Tomorrow is a toss up but I am feeling pretty optimistic now, having to beat Cain in his house even if they get past Lincecum is going to be a tall order. Double Cain's home stats and he's in the Cy Young race, while Timmy has been better on the road.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #155 on: October 31, 2010, 08:51:38 PM

The Rangers are toast. Who would have guessed at the beginning of the year the Giants would have an easy driver's seat to the World Series Championship? If you did, you were getting 18-1 odds.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #156 on: October 31, 2010, 10:28:08 PM

While I hate to see my hometown team lose, I couldn't have picked a better team to do it than the Giants.  It's been ages since they've won a World Series, and now that they're sans Bonds they are very likable, and seem to have a lot of character.  I'd rather have seen the Rangers take it, but this is an alright consolation prize.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 01, 2010, 01:03:58 PM

Don't talk like that, it's not over 'til it's over, never give up never surrender!   Shaking fist
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #158 on: November 01, 2010, 01:58:51 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are talking like it's over, the Giants have blown this before!  why so serious?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: November 01, 2010, 02:04:17 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are talking like it's over, the Giants have blown this before!  why so serious?
Yes, this, sadly.

If anybody can do it, I'm sure its us!

Having said that, I'm now forced to go into SF to drink at a bar every night just so I can actually be there when we finally win.  Please die quickly for the sake of my liver and wallet Rangers!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #160 on: November 01, 2010, 07:29:40 PM

Well, I was totally off when I said that pitching wouldn't beat hitting in these playoffs. Pitching owned hitting in the fucking face.

Grats Giants!

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: November 01, 2010, 07:30:41 PM

Welp, congratulations Giants and Giants fans.

I'll only be sad for a little while, this season was still a HUGE breakthrough for us.  Here's to hoping we can keep it up over the near future.    :beer_mug:

Winning celebrations look really goofy in baseball, two dozen guys hopping around in the middle of an enormous empty field.  tongue
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 01, 2010, 08:01:18 PM

I don't see the Rangers have much trouble from the AL West for a while assuming Arte Moreno (the Angels owner) doesn't completely break the bank this off-season.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 01, 2010, 08:04:46 PM

Well, I was totally off when I said that pitching wouldn't beat hitting in these playoffs. Pitching owned hitting in the fucking face.

Grats Giants!

:Insert Giant Smug Smiley Here:

Nah, you had good points, guess it could have gone either way.  I've just pretty much had it beat into my face over the years by defeat in bets that good pitching always comes out on top.  I no longer trust in scary lineups to carry a team.

I am very drunk and happy right now.

-Stephen Colbert
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #164 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:43 PM

Winning celebrations look really goofy in baseball, two dozen guys hopping around in the middle of an enormous empty field.  tongue

I especially enjoy that the outfielders have to run forever before finding someone to hug.  Heart

Also,  awesome, for real!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: November 01, 2010, 09:04:52 PM

Tied House totally exploded for the Renteria HR.  Heart

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: November 01, 2010, 09:42:50 PM

I cried real tears.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

AKA Gyoza
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: November 01, 2010, 10:08:14 PM

Tied House totally exploded for the Renteria HR.  Heart
Oh hey, we had a WoW guild get together dinner there (first time I've ever met 'internet friends" irl.  Was somewhat worried at first, but because it was mountain view, they were all doctors and engineers).  Fair warning, the wait staff are all Horde.

-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #168 on: November 02, 2010, 08:34:38 AM

Grats, Giants! I was mildly pulling for Texas (since Seattle sent them a couple of guys this season, so it was the closest I will ever see to a Mariner in the WS), but the Giants were my 2nd choice going into the post season, so all good here. Plus local kid Tim Lincecum (his high school is about 5 miles from my house and a friend teaches there) was awesome, even if he looks like the kid from Dazed And Confused all grownsd up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:22 AM

Even my mom has become a baseball fan at least for now - partly I think because Tim looks and carries himself a lot like her late brother, who was a baseball fan himself (and a pot smoker). I bet Tim kind of wishes he was 6'5" like my uncle was though.  tongue

The person I might be happiest for though (besides me) is Mike Murphy, the Giants equipment manager. He was a bat boy in '58 when they first moved here and has been with the team ever since. Nice that he got to be there for a win before he retired (although you get the feeling he might be one of those guys who never retires.)

Also, it almost brings a tear to my eye that the Giants fans at Arlington Stadium were chanting "BEAT L.A." after the game.  awesome, for real

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 MLB Playoff's  
Jump to: