Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:56:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 MLB Playoff's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 MLB Playoff's  (Read 43264 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:00 PM

Root for the Giants, the Rangers didn't even exist the last time the Giants won the World Series.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: October 24, 2010, 07:57:14 PM

Root for the Rangers, they've never been to the World Series before at all, Washington Senators years included.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #107 on: October 24, 2010, 08:13:06 PM

Root for the Giants, the Rangers didn't even exist the last time the Giants won the World Series.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The last time they won the World Series, they were the New York Giants.

So, screw that. Go Rangers! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #108 on: October 24, 2010, 09:08:47 PM

Also:
(Most people don't realize it's a longer no-championship drought than the Cubs).
Haven't the Cubs not won a world series in 102 years, and the Rangers franchise was only founded in the 60's (as the Senators)?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:44:33 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #109 on: October 25, 2010, 01:40:08 AM

Yeah, the Rangers franchise was founded in 1961. The Cubs have it all over everyone basically. Their closest competition is something like 40 years behind (the Indians). I think the Giants are 3rd.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #110 on: October 25, 2010, 06:28:05 AM

Yeah, the Rangers franchise was founded in 1961. The Cubs have it all over everyone basically. Their closest competition is something like 40 years behind (the Indians). I think the Giants are 3rd.

True, but I meant as the Senators/Rangers. What I didn't realize was that the Senators that became the Rangers was only 61, while the Senators of the Connie Mack days that I assumed was the Rangers Senators actually became the Twins upon further inspection. I didn't know there were actually two entirely seperate franchises that bore the name "Washington Senators."

Hell, I didn't even know you could do that in pro sport.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #111 on: October 25, 2010, 08:28:20 AM

Three now thanks to the current stinkers in Washington.

And of course you could. There have been 2 separate Baltimore franchises (Colts then the Ravens) and two separate Cleveland Browns franchises in the NFL.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #112 on: October 25, 2010, 08:30:33 AM

I know you can have two different franchises in a town, smartass. I've just rarely heard of them being named the exact same thing.

Houston didn't rename itself the Oilers for example. Nor did Washington rename itself the Senators currently.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 09:43:36 AM

I'm still pissed that they didn't name the new Washington franchise The Senators.  The suck must be fully resurrected!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:06 AM

They probably don't want to mix their baseball with politics.

The Giants have a huge disadvantage as they traded their catcher of the past several years to the Rangers.  So he's going to have a pretty good game plan.  Of course it only matters if it's executed on the field.  But it's still kind of worrisome.

If you're on the fence about who to root for, then root for the Giants.  Or I'll personally kill you.  There has never been a more likeable team than our torturous freaks.  Fear the beard.

AKA Gyoza
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 01:03:17 PM

They ARE pretty likable, even though they torment the fuck out of anyone who roots for them.

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: October 25, 2010, 08:19:11 PM

I would have said that our beastly good offense finally getting fully into gear was enough of an advantage, never mind who used to play for whom. 

I do like the Giants now that I've learned a little about them, but my Rangers are still going to rock them like a hurricane.   Rock Out

I am super paranoid about talking shit given our history oh Jesus I hope I didn't jinx anything
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #117 on: October 25, 2010, 08:31:11 PM

Ingmar will kick me out of the apartment for saying this, but if the Rangers wind up winning, I would be happy for them. Maybe that's why Ingmar was secretly hoping the Yankees would advance, then everyone in the US would be totally behind the Giants. But the Rangers are all cute and likable TOO, oh no!

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: October 26, 2010, 09:43:28 AM

While I'm a flaming Giants fan, and will be quite crushed if they lose, I don't have anything against the Rangers.  If the Giants hadn't made it they'd probably be the team I'd actually pull for out of everybody else. 

So I wont feel so bad when the Giants inevitably choke at the very end as usual.   why so serious?

-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 26, 2010, 12:26:22 PM

Rangers are near the bottom of my would-root-for list given their former ownership (and that's all I'll say about that.)

I probably would have picked the Rays to root for otherwise, they are doing all the right things from a baseball standpoint, winning a ton of games, and getting no love from their local fans, it is kind of sad.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #120 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:12 PM

Rangers are near the bottom of my would-root-for list given their former ownership (and that's all I'll say about that.)

You have a problem with Tom Hicks???

awesome, for real

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #121 on: October 26, 2010, 12:33:09 PM

Noting the political slant of this board, I can't believe that anyone here would root for the Rangers considering the prior "W" affiliation.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #122 on: October 26, 2010, 12:35:11 PM

Both W. and Hicks' previous ties to the Rangers shouldn't color this current team. Both those regimes fucked this franchise up and down. Nolan Ryan's group has got them in the Series.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #123 on: October 26, 2010, 12:42:02 PM

Just wait until they play up all the Rangers drug recovery stuff. They are putting Tim McCarver as one of the World Series announcers. How in the holy hell does this moron keep getting to announce big games? The day he tells me something I don't know, I'll drop dead.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #124 on: October 26, 2010, 12:45:06 PM

Nolan Ryan's group has got them in the Series.

That doesn't make Rangers-Giants any more interesting. 
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: October 27, 2010, 12:22:32 AM

They are putting Tim McCarver as one of the World Series announcers. How in the holy hell does this moron keep getting to announce big games? The day he tells me something I don't know, I'll drop dead.

Amen.  He just continually insists on spouting unfounded and ridiculous bullshit.  It's like he thinks saying wrong shit makes him edgy.  He and his dipshit partner need to go.  I tried to listen to our local broadcasters do the game on the radio while watching the TV broadcast with the sound off.  But the radio delay is actually faster than TV, so you see things seven seconds after they're announced on the radio.

AKA Gyoza
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 27, 2010, 01:09:31 PM

Might be able to get around the different delays by streaming your local radio and running a seven second buffer up on your computer, if your setup allows that sort of thing, and if your local radio has a stream.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: October 27, 2010, 01:14:50 PM

MLB doesn't let the actual game broadcast be streamed by KNBR, we get an ESPN radio feed instead during playoff games. If you want the local broadcast stream you have to buy the GameDay Audio thing I believe.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 27, 2010, 06:47:07 PM

Aaaaaaaaand Cliff Lee's been knocked out of Game 1.

Yahoo!

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #129 on: October 27, 2010, 07:01:59 PM

oh god don't jinx it

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: October 27, 2010, 07:03:42 PM

oh god don't jinx it

They showed Bonds on screen, my good will towards the Giants is low enough now that I'm comfortable with that.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #131 on: October 27, 2010, 07:06:47 PM

Look what you did! I hope my monkey friends haunt your dreams.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: October 27, 2010, 08:35:34 PM

That was uglier than it needed to be.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #133 on: October 27, 2010, 08:38:50 PM

The Giants were afraid people weren't stressed enough, so they tried to get some "wtf!" in there at the end.

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: October 27, 2010, 08:55:01 PM

Those 18 combined runs, 25 combined hits, were with the two aces on the mound.   swamp poop

Our defense showed how porous it can be with Cruz and Vlad in the outfield, and with Michael Young going through an everything slump.  This "no DH" thing is bogus, man, you National League teams need to get with the program.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 27, 2010, 10:19:01 PM

AL needs to man up and stop being sissy's.  Make your pitchers fight like everybody else!

Oh, also,  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

p.s.  And yes, I think the Giants decided to start giving them away at the end because holy god we can't actually win an important game by more than 1 run!  Do something!

-Stephen Colbert
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: October 28, 2010, 10:29:56 AM

This is me resisting the urge to talk shit since it's only one game.  This... is hard....

AKA Gyoza
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:09 PM

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:05 PM

Yea, Hamilton was qqing because they were blazing in center field and he could smell it with his born again nostrils.  Sometimes I'm proud to be from the Bay Area.

AKA Gyoza
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:11 PM

Hah, the Giant's park (whatever the name is) was already on my list of places to see a game in before I die or they tear it down, now it's doubly so.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 MLB Playoff's  
Jump to: