Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Superman Returns (Again) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Superman Returns (Again)  (Read 54170 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: October 05, 2010, 02:40:40 AM

While it's been known for a while that Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas were going to be producing a new Superman film for Warner Bros, the LA Times confirmed that Zack Snyder will be directing and David Goyer scripting.

Hollywood Reporter also suggests that General Zod will be coming back.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:05 AM

Can't say I'm not excited for this.
I'm hoping they dont do the whole super dark thing with superman, but still manage to make it epic.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:02:11 AM

As long as they don't make superman 'himself' dark it's fine. I always felt superman was at his best being a sort of shining beacon of goodness when everything around seems bleak.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:29:43 AM

A lot of people didn't like Superman Returns.  I thought it was a perfectly acceptable 2.5 -3 star flick.  I feel it's kind of unfortunate that it's not going to be followed up on.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:44:29 AM

I thought the last one was pretty good, but really don't see the point of a new one.  Planet explodes, spaceship lands, small child meets loving parents, "my erection breaks things", "what's this green stuff?", "Ah I'm weak", /overcome odds, /titles.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 07:05:32 AM

I fell asleep in the theater through Superman Returns.  It dragged.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 09:46:46 AM

I thought it was a little boring, but not terrible. Then again, I'm not a comic book (or previous Superman movie) fan and was only in the theater to see it at the behest of friends.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:35 AM

Why do they keep "rebooting" things within a short number of years of the last "reboot"? Oh wait. It is hollywood, no new ideas, sell what has worked before, gotcha.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 11:11:29 AM

Any bets that the trailer is better than the movie?

Last Superman was pretty boring, IMO.  Oh look, he's flying again! 

-Rasix
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:37 AM

Why do they keep "rebooting" things within a short number of years of the last "reboot"? Oh wait. It is hollywood, no new ideas, sell what has worked before, gotcha.
Well, technically, the most recent superman movie was not really a "reboot" since it was still somewhere in the timeline of "events continuing" of the previous movies, what with the plot beginning with "supes has been gone for some time, and is now back"

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 12:18:47 PM

I thought the last one was pretty good, but really don't see the point of a new one.  Planet explodes, spaceship lands, small child meets loving parents, "my erection breaks things", "what's this green stuff?", "Ah I'm weak", /overcome odds, /titles.

Every 5-10 years is a new crop of moviegoers who haven't seen Superman, or The Black Hole, or whatever. Especially with superheroes, who usually only have one good story to them (Fuck Dark Knight) I predict that the term reboot is going to become meaningless. Hell, I expect the next Star Trek to be a 'reboot'.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 12:40:27 PM

When dd they reboot The Black Hole ?

I'm there, motherfucker.  Perving on Kate MacCrae, beautiful Oesophagus.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 12:57:47 PM

When dd they reboot The Black Hole ?

They announced they were making a remake in November 2009.

Hic sunt dracones.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 01:51:36 PM

Joseph Kosinski Interview

September 26th, 2010

Tron: Legacy director

Once you finish up with Tron, do you know which of your projects in development you’re going to focus on next?

Joe: I don’t know for sure yet. It depends a little bit on how Tron does. Obviously, if Tron works and is a success, then that opens up more opportunities for me. If it doesn’t, then it might be harder to find a job. But, I’ve got a couple things in development. Black Hole and Oblivion are both at Disney right now and I’m excited about both of them, so we’ll see.

Not looking like any time soon.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 09:31:09 PM

Just sign Tom Welling as Superman.   awesome, for real
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 11:42:42 PM

I didn't mind the last one either except that I kept thinking about Kevin Spacey as Lester from American Beauty, which ruined the entire Lex Luthor character for me. Was waiting form him to see a rose petal and zone out.

Anyway, Superman done by Nolan is about the only thing that would get me excited about another superman movie.

The whole Zack Snyder thing I could take or leave. Guy always seemed like a cookie cutter director to me.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 12:21:10 AM

I googled 'Zack Snyder slow motion' and received about 38k results. hohoho

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 10:41:57 AM

I also expect Jor-El to kick Zod into a giant pit.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 01:16:46 PM

It's got Chris Nolan.

'Nuff said?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 07:17:35 PM

It's got Chris Nolan.

'Nuff said?

Counter: it also had David Goyer. He can be a very mixed bag.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 08:49:56 AM

As long as they don't make superman 'himself' dark it's fine. I always felt superman was at his best being a sort of shining beacon of goodness when everything around seems bleak.

I will dissent here and state that a movie with Superman along the lines of how he was portrayed in Kingdom Come could be an interesting movie.  Greying, somewhat cynical, still godlike, but with that innate spark of wanting to do good...

I enjoyed the previous Superman movies, even the oddball #3 and weak #4, but Returns left me cold.  And didn't Tom Welling turn down the movie gig due to a 3-movie deal being required?

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 09:27:14 AM

I will dissent here and state that a movie with Superman along the lines of how he was portrayed in Kingdom Come could be an interesting movie.  Greying, somewhat cynical, still godlike, but with that innate spark of wanting to do good...

I enjoyed the previous Superman movies, even the oddball #3 and weak #4, but Returns left me cold.  And didn't Tom Welling turn down the movie gig due to a 3-movie deal being required?

There is very little I would not do for a kingdom come movie to be made but alas, it would be too awesome for us mere mortals.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 06:25:48 PM

Red son. Take the franchise somewhere odd.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 07:02:37 PM

There is very little I would not do for a kingdom come movie to be made but alas, it would be too awesome for us mere mortals.

That, and we don't have the technology to clone Alex Ross yet.   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 09:48:22 PM

Superman needs to have someone as his primary movie antagonist whom he can conceivably punch in the face at some point during the film. Lex Luthor and his stupid land-related plots have always been agonizingly boring.

Luthor going "Ahem Superman, please don't breathe on me hard and knock me out, you see there's a missile, and bla bla bla" is a big yawn. Zod screaming at him to kneel and heaving Volkswagens at him? Yes please.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 09:53:22 PM

I so want to see this live-action, preferably on Smallville, but I'll take it in movie-form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 03:05:15 AM

Luthor going "Ahem Superman, please don't breathe on me hard and knock me out, you see there's a missile, and bla bla bla" is a big yawn. Zod screaming at him to kneel and heaving Volkswagens at him? Yes please.

This Times Infinity.  Ironwood/Zod Approved.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:29 PM

Every 5-10 years is a new crop of moviegoers who haven't seen Superman, or The Black Hole, or whatever. Especially with superheroes, who usually only have one good story to them (Fuck Dark Knight) I predict that the term reboot is going to become meaningless. Hell, I expect the next Star Trek to be a 'reboot'.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nohamotyo

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 01:42:11 PM

I just watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse...

I missed the thought boxes of superman and batman. It really made the comic to see how they viewed each other. Still it was a pretty good animated film. I liked that they kinda kept the nose as a nod to Michael Turner.

Plus it has all the voice actors from the animated series reprising their roles. WHICH IS AWESOME. That being said, the graphic novel is a lot better.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 05:25:28 PM

I so want to see this live-action, preferably on Smallville, but I'll take it in movie-form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywo6F4xYTvA

That clip illustrates the biggest problem with Superman on the big screen:  Almost everything about the Superman animated series is amazing, and raises the bar to an impossible degree.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 05:38:51 PM

I just watched Superman/Batman: Apocalypse...

I missed the thought boxes of superman and batman. It really made the comic to see how they viewed each other. Still it was a pretty good animated film. I liked that they kinda kept the nose as a nod to Michael Turner.

Plus it has all the voice actors from the animated series reprising their roles. WHICH IS AWESOME. That being said, the graphic novel is a lot better.

I have enjoyed the DC animated universe stuff far more than any superhero movies, as superhero movies. I think the jump to live action just loses something. A superhero live action movie can be enjoyable, I loved Iron Man, but as an adaptaion of the source material.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 10:09:35 PM

Rise from the dead!

Zod it is.

'Man Of Steel': Superman Movie Renamed, Michael Shannon Cast As Villain General Zod

The new Superman movie has its name, and its bad guy.

Warner Brothers announced on Sunday that the film, now officially titled "Man of Steel," will feature Michael Shannon as the evil General Zod. He'll face off against Henry Cavill, the franchise's new Superman.

While Zod has a number of story lines, he was the fascist head of the military on Krypton, Superman's home planet. He was portrayed by Terrence Stamp in the first and second Christopher Reeves Superman films, acting as the main villain in the second film.

“Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role," the film's director, Zack Snyder, said in a statement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/10/man-of-steel-superman-movie_n_847259.html
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 01:31:48 AM

Kneel.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 01:49:39 AM

Maybe Superman will throw a cellophane 'S' at him!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 04:40:11 AM

Does this mean Ironwood might have to change his avatar?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Superman Returns (Again)  
Jump to: