Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:09:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1341211 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #420 on: July 15, 2011, 03:35:55 PM

Thanks for bringing up Silent Storm.  I was this || close to getting over the stupid mecha shit in that game.

Have a good war.

-Rasix
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: July 15, 2011, 06:19:23 PM

Well the advantage of a "spirit of" carbon copy of Silent Storm is no mecha shit.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #422 on: July 15, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

Just build Alpha Centauri 2. Anyone.

Yes please. In Real Time with 3 playable huamn factions with perfect rushes, micro and macro rewarding plus battle-net style of hosting.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: July 15, 2011, 08:54:41 PM

Yes please. In Real Time with 3 playable huamn factions with perfect rushes, micro and macro rewarding plus battle-net style of hosting.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The part about rushes, micro, and macro were enough to push this into not sure if serious territory.   Well done sir.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: July 27, 2011, 04:37:21 PM

Just finished Prince of Persia (the cel-shaded one). Despite the slightly average reviews it's one of the games I've enjoyed the most, and not having a fairy tale ending was a cherry on top.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #425 on: July 27, 2011, 05:37:14 PM

I don't know how long I'll be using this ass of a computer, so does anyone have suggestions of Steam games which are not graphically intensive yet fun?  Besides Peggle and Puzzle Quest?  Something neckbeardy is fine, too, although I prefer more of a neckgoatee-grade experience until I can get a better job.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:22 PM

I don't know how long I'll be using this ass of a computer, so does anyone have suggestions of Steam games which are not graphically intensive yet fun?  Besides Peggle and Puzzle Quest?  Something neckbeardy is fine, too, although I prefer more of a neckgoatee-grade experience until I can get a better job.

How bad are we talking?  Maybe a better way of asking is - what is an example of something you can run fine.
Rasix

Reply #427 on: July 27, 2011, 07:06:54 PM

I don't know how long I'll be using this ass of a computer, so does anyone have suggestions of Steam games which are not graphically intensive yet fun?  Besides Peggle and Puzzle Quest?  Something neckbeardy is fine, too, although I prefer more of a neckgoatee-grade experience until I can get a better job.

Install a SNES emu and go crazy.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #428 on: July 27, 2011, 07:19:34 PM

Do you like the Paradox Europa Universalis-style games? They play well on terrible machines.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #429 on: July 27, 2011, 07:48:17 PM

It's a relatively new laptop.  In fact, I can run LotRO at mid-level, AKA What Is So Awesome About This Game's Graphics I Don't Get It level.  One big factor is they keyboard having a retarded layout.  Example: SHIFT+NumPad . to Delete, and Fn+SHIFT+Left Arrow for Home.  I never realized I used End and Home so much.

It's not something I want to play an action game on, not a FPS for sure, and I don't want to play Awesome Game and have to drop it to Not Awesome Graphics settings.  I can run Torchlight fine if I drop it from max settings.  I haven't tried many other games.

Do you like the Paradox Europa Universalis-style games? They play well on terrible machines.

Actually this just might be a great excuse to start and make progress on a EUIII game.  I bought the box somewhere for $5.99 and haven't really done much with it.

I used to be very into complex games, but Real Life happened.  I think if Disgaea had come out when I was in my teens, I'd be some sort of single gamer troll that never went outside.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: July 27, 2011, 07:58:28 PM

EUIII is probably a good choice if you already own it anyway.  Also, you can download and play the Project Zomboid tech demo for free.  Its surprisingly replayable for such an early version, and feels satisfyingly old school.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #431 on: July 28, 2011, 06:46:19 AM

It's a relatively new laptop.  In fact, I can run LotRO at mid-level, AKA What Is So Awesome About This Game's Graphics I Don't Get It level.  One big factor is they keyboard having a retarded layout.  Example: SHIFT+NumPad . to Delete, and Fn+SHIFT+Left Arrow for Home.  I never realized I used End and Home so much.
When we narrowed down the fiancee's laptop to a non-numpad model...I knew I wouldn't be playing Civ on it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: July 29, 2011, 07:00:41 AM

Most laptops accept USB keyboards. Ohhhhh, I see.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: July 29, 2011, 07:44:46 AM

Looks like that RTS/FPS hybrid Nuclear Dawn is finally coming out this September. http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710/

Looks like NS2 will have some competition.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #434 on: July 29, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Most laptops accept USB keyboards. Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah but then you have to sit at a table!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #435 on: July 31, 2011, 04:15:07 PM

I am sitting at a table but... well I feel like I am giving up a bit more if I take my PC keyboard downstairs.  Also, turns out there are two End keys, one of which I can use just with Shift.  So this is usable.

When you find the Death Ring in Order of Ecclesia, it says there is a chance of instant death on a hit.  This seems awesome until you realize that it means your death.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #436 on: August 06, 2011, 03:11:41 AM

Interesting insight about "publisher interference in the design of Titan Quest" (from a former developer of the game):

http://www.rpgwatch.com/#17834

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rasix

Reply #437 on: August 11, 2011, 10:59:42 AM

So... Disgaea 4 on September 6. This came out of nowhwere for me.  I didn't even know they were making a 4.  Even though I wasn't a big fan of 3 (added a lot of needless shit and had a terrible plot/voice acting), this may be the single greatest game trailer ever.  Looks like a lot of interesting systems in play there, including some sort of world map.

Premium edition comes with a playable Flonne.  Not something I particularly care about.  I'll probably pick up the regular edition.  Disgaea 2 is one of my favorite games and probably the greatest SRPG made.  Hopefully this game isn't a disappointment like 3, I really could use a good SRPG fix.  

edit: crap, premium edition comes with a figurine of the gal in the Prinny outfit.   Decisions, decisions.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:03:33 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #438 on: August 12, 2011, 08:59:58 AM

Take a dump on the face of common sense... I'm sold.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #439 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:09 AM

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: August 15, 2011, 09:25:50 AM

That shit is pure investor scam.  It sounds good to non coders but voxel's have been used for decades and all their strengths/flaws are well understood.  Comanche: Maximum Overkill released back in 1992 was a voxel game in fact.    As Notch pointed out this guy isn't doing anything new. 

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8386977075/its-a-scam
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #441 on: August 15, 2011, 12:24:58 PM

It's voxels in unlimited quantities.  Without hardware restraints, too.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:31 PM

SPAZ is out on Steam, and it has delicious achievements. I may hold out for a week, but it is hard.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #443 on: August 15, 2011, 12:45:52 PM

If it stays hard for a week, see a doctor.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: August 15, 2011, 01:00:14 PM

Bastion comes out in 22 hours according to steam. 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #445 on: August 15, 2011, 01:05:19 PM

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: August 15, 2011, 01:13:19 PM

If it stays hard for a week, see a doctor.

Yes, I may have to do a Hard Reset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx5G0PNCuTU&hd=1

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: August 15, 2011, 02:30:59 PM

Almost started a new thread for this but I figured there wasn't enough interest to warrant it.  Does anyone know anything about these Gunnars glasses? http://www.gunnars.com/  It seems pretty sketchy to me, and I can't seem to find any actual legit science behind them, but at the same time I do spend a lot of time in front of the monitor, and if they actually to prevent eye fatigue I might actually consider it.  Sadly, I get the feeling its just some kind of "LOOK COOL WHILE YOU GAME!" gimmick.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: August 15, 2011, 03:27:13 PM

I have no idea about the glasses but the site is horrible. Marketing like that could make aspirin seem like snake oil.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: August 15, 2011, 03:52:16 PM

Bastion coming tomorrow and looks like fun as it's giving me a Chrono Trigger vibe. E.D.G.E looks like I'd lose hours upon hours before realizing it. Lastly, From Dust looks great until you see it's under Ubi's DRM policy - way to ruin a good thing Ubi.

If anyone has any news or plays those games soon post some feed back please, as those are the next three upcoming games I'm looking at for somewhat cheap fun.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: August 16, 2011, 05:57:22 AM

Lollipop Chainsaw probably doesn't need its own thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0QYPpC_Na4
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #451 on: August 17, 2011, 03:32:53 PM

Rasix was not happy with Disgaea 3, but if anyone else liked it or wants to try it, the disc is $19.99 in the NISA Store and the DLC is half-off on PSN until Sept 6.

Rasix

Reply #452 on: August 17, 2011, 04:15:09 PM

schild disliked it as well.  why so serious?

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: August 17, 2011, 07:50:48 PM

I liked it but got rid of it at some point, without having touched the DLC. Is any of it worth getting? I've been looking for something to scratch that itch until D4 comes out.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #454 on: August 22, 2011, 05:14:34 PM

Batman: Arkham City, what's up with this preorder nonsense?  I was going to let "Arkham City" slide, even though that's a dumb name unless there was some sort of Lovecraft tie-in.  But when people in Oz get better trinkets than I do, something is wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: