Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340781 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #210 on: February 10, 2011, 11:19:59 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #211 on: February 11, 2011, 04:46:51 AM

Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #212 on: February 11, 2011, 07:49:36 AM

They've finally gotten Ivy to Belle Chere proportions  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: February 11, 2011, 07:52:17 AM

That's the cosplayer  awesome, for real
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: February 11, 2011, 08:25:10 AM

This thread is channeling Neogaf.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: February 11, 2011, 08:36:00 AM

I don't see how that comment adds to the gameplay.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: February 11, 2011, 09:03:26 AM

I don't see how that comment adds to the gameplay.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: February 11, 2011, 01:44:32 PM

Oh Sony, you're so funny.  Somehow, I don't think I'm going to go download all this crap to admire the decade old graphics and nutpunching gameplay.

----
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT YOUR EVERQUEST® ACCOUNT!
Your account has been turned on for FREE from 2/10/2011 – 2/21/2011.
Play Now!
Are you ready to relive the greatest memories that you’ve ever had in EverQuest? On February 15, 2011 you can roll a new character and jump into the Fippy Darkpaw Progression Server and race through Norrath starting with the legendary first three continents and planes. To get you started, we are thrilled to invite you to come back to play for FREE from 2/10/2011 - 2/21/2011.
----
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #218 on: February 11, 2011, 01:53:07 PM

Yeah, the wife and I had a laugh about that last night.  She quit as a level 32 mage in the middle of LoIO.  I distinctly remember giving away all my gear, plat and bags so I couldn't come back when I left @ GoD.  Pretty sure even if I wanted a nostalgia trip, neither character is a good idea.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #219 on: February 11, 2011, 02:27:31 PM

Hell, I actually did it.  I think it spent more time downloading than it did for me to realize DO NOT WANT. 

What I really want (after someone peels me some grapes) is the EQ/Kunark/Velious world updated for todays graphics/controls.  I'm okay with xp loss and nutty corpse runs.  At this point, though, the control scheme is simply too antiquated and they've bogged the system with about 900% more crap ideas than players need. 

I'm actually really glad they gave it to me for free instead of my paying $15 at some point down the road for nostalgia. 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: February 12, 2011, 12:54:28 PM

Anyone else interested in Jane Jensen's Gray Matter? The local gaming mag (Pelit) had a review in this month's issue, and they loved it. It's supposed to be out Feb 25th.

Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:48 PM

There are some pretty good third party fixes for SR2 to run with recent performance on the PC. I was able to get it running without a hitch.
Links?

This covered every single issue I experienced, including bugged quests: Saints Row 2 PC FAQ - Steam

As a general rule SR2 runs better windowed. I run all my games windowed so I probably experienced less performance issues than most people do.

Edit: having an SSD goes a long way toward making it run well too due to SR2 not prefetching data from the disk.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:06:03 PM by Trouble »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #222 on: February 13, 2011, 03:38:42 AM

Anyone else interested in Jane Jensen's Gray Matter? The local gaming mag (Pelit) had a review in this month's issue, and they loved it. It's supposed to be out Feb 25th.

Hey :)

I created a thread a few weeks ago about the game ! (demo is quite good, IMO)

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20301.0

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: February 13, 2011, 06:13:21 AM

After some forum dredging, I found out that you can apparently buy the dd version of Gray Matter here right now, because the game released in Germany ages ago. AFAIK the PC version includes English as well as German dubs. Haven't tried it myself though so I don't know for sure if it works.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: February 14, 2011, 09:26:51 AM

There are some pretty good third party fixes for SR2 to run with recent performance on the PC. I was able to get it running without a hitch.
Links?

This covered every single issue I experienced, including bugged quests: Saints Row 2 PC FAQ - Steam

As a general rule SR2 runs better windowed. I run all my games windowed so I probably experienced less performance issues than most people do.

Edit: having an SSD goes a long way toward making it run well too due to SR2 not prefetching data from the disk.
Thanks! Looks like some work, but doable. Between this and Ironwood's advice on Dead Space I might have a couple "new" games to play.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #225 on: February 16, 2011, 05:43:34 AM

Cave Story 3D on 3DS.  I'd post a link if I had one that wasn't a PDF.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: February 16, 2011, 06:36:29 AM

The speedup bug is something that is an inherent problem with Windows 7, though in rare cases it has been reported to happen on Vista. The speedup happens with CPUs that do not run at exactly 3.2Ghz frequency (the Xbox 360 cpu speed.) The further your cpu is away from 3.2Ghz (both higher and lower) the faster it will run.

Seriously?  This is laughably terrible.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: February 16, 2011, 05:02:33 PM

The Drakensang followup (prequel, I guess) just kicked out it's US release on Steam, for those that like their eurojank rpgs (at least, I think I'm talking to more than Sky here).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33770/
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #228 on: February 16, 2011, 05:09:30 PM

I still have the first one on my HD waiting for me to play past the first 15 minutes. Obviously it needs company.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #229 on: February 16, 2011, 07:33:10 PM

I still have the first one on my HD waiting for me to play past the first 15 minutes. Obviously it needs company.

Same. I liked the idea of the game, though I thought the combat was pretty brutal early on. Perhaps I'll go through soon with a walkthrough - about how long is an average playthrough?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: February 17, 2011, 01:02:11 AM

The Drakensang followup (prequel, I guess) just kicked out it's US release on Steam, for those that like their eurojank rpgs (at least, I think I'm talking to more than Sky here).

It's made by a German dev and has a German publisher, but is only available in the US.  swamp poop
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: February 17, 2011, 06:44:45 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Gotta wait until the budget allows, but I'm psyched. The original was fun. Might be my second favorite erpg of recent years, behind Risen (because evoking Turkish as the protagonist in a Gothic game is wicked).
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: February 17, 2011, 09:45:06 AM

It's made by a German dev and has a German publisher, but is only available in the US.  swamp poop

I can't remember the full details, but I could have sworn the German release came out around a year ago.  The localization was massively delayed, and I think the dev house (Radon Labs) was closed in the process, with the localization team promising the game would still ship.  There's supposed to be a third game in the series due out yet, by some other dev house, but it looks like the rights have been passed around a few times now.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: February 18, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

I picked up the Force Unleashed (1 and 2) for 360 the other day, sure is a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Kinda hard too, on the 2nd to hardest setting.

- Viin
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: February 18, 2011, 06:18:54 PM

I can't remember the full details, but I could have sworn the German release came out around a year ago.  The localization was massively delayed, and I think the dev house (Radon Labs) was closed in the process, with the localization team promising the game would still ship.  There's supposed to be a third game in the series due out yet, by some other dev house, but it looks like the rights have been passed around a few times now.

I think what he's saying is it's fun that localization is finished for the English language version but it's absent from non-US steam. It certainly doesn't show up on Australian steam, not even the trailer.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #235 on: February 18, 2011, 06:38:26 PM

You guys need to learn English, then.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: February 19, 2011, 02:20:55 AM

I was referring to the weird restrictions on availability. DS:RoT is apparently only available in Germany, France and US right now, and the Steam version is US only. The game will apparently be released in the UK as well at some point, and also in Russia and Benelux. No word on other major territories such as Andorra.

I am not sure why they can't do an EU release and be done with it.

swamp poop swamp poop

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #237 on: February 19, 2011, 08:56:38 AM

Andorra is a major territory?

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: February 19, 2011, 09:15:20 AM

Andorra is a major territory?

If Benelux warrants its own release, then I suppose so.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:23 AM

Andorra is a wee bit smaller than Benelux though. But in general this misses your valid point, a single European or European-Russian release would seem to make sense.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: February 20, 2011, 06:11:13 PM

Or just do a global English release and stop bringing regional boundaries into a global distribution system?

Unless it is to give discounts to places that can't afford full price games (like the US if Australian prices are to be believed  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?), which is not the case here.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: February 23, 2011, 06:53:27 AM

What the fuck

Kissing controller that works with a bowling game currently. I guess this may be one of the next controller evolutions, though I doubt even this could make Wii games fun. Now, onto developing local co-op orgy controller!

ACK!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #242 on: February 23, 2011, 06:59:33 AM

That's amazingly creepy while also being totally pointless.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: March 10, 2011, 08:18:58 AM

Gaming = cocaine

Computer game addiction can also spiral into violence as after playing violent games, they may turn their fantasy games into reality

Ohhhhh, I see.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: March 10, 2011, 08:21:32 AM

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: