Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:39:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340975 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4970 on: May 27, 2020, 07:40:13 AM

Phantasy Star Online 2 is finally available, 8 years later. Free to play, Microsoft Store.

Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4971 on: May 28, 2020, 09:52:25 AM

Avoid PSO2 from the MS store.  It improperly sets permissions so it doesn't recognize it's own files, reinstalls it's self in all available space on the drive, then "forgets" where these installs are so it can't be uninstalled.

Total clusterfuck.  Forums are talking about re-formatting being the best option to reclaim disk space.  Don't know if that's impatient teens or the actual best solution, but the fact that folks are even discussing a reformat over a game install is bad.

EDIT: I was able to clear the disk space by changing the permissions in \WindowsApps and manually deleting multiple directories.  But still ...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:08:12 AM by Father mike »

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4972 on: May 28, 2020, 10:05:55 AM

The Store That Shall Not Be Named is doing their additional $10 off coupon thingy sale again. Also GTA 5 is the free game right now.
Now the free game is Civ VI.
Another Thursday; this time Borderlands: The Handsome Collection.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4973 on: May 28, 2020, 11:12:51 AM

Avoid PSO2 from the MS store.  It improperly sets permissions so it doesn't recognize it's own files, reinstalls it's self in all available space on the drive, then "forgets" where these installs are so it can't be uninstalled.

Total clusterfuck.  Forums are talking about re-formatting being the best option to reclaim disk space.  Don't know if that's impatient teens or the actual best solution, but the fact that folks are even discussing a reformat over a game install is bad.

EDIT: I was able to clear the disk space by changing the permissions in \WindowsApps and manually deleting multiple directories.  But still ...

I have been very lucky then. This launch has been flawless for me so far, and I used the MS Store. Zero issues, both install and account wise.

schild
Administrator

Reply #4974 on: May 28, 2020, 05:59:10 PM

Lollllll
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4975 on: May 28, 2020, 09:47:39 PM

Same here. Nary a problem was had with the install.
I have been very lucky then. This launch has been flawless for me so far, and I used the MS Store. Zero issues, both install and account wise.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4976 on: June 02, 2020, 09:37:07 PM

Total War fans, mark August 13th on your calendars. SEGA is giving away the upcoming Total War: Troy FOR FREE! for the first 24 hours of the game's release.

Oh, and the giveaway is on the Epic Store and the game will be an exclusive there for the first year...
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4977 on: June 03, 2020, 01:58:38 PM

PS+ annual sub is 30% off today on newegg
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4978 on: June 04, 2020, 07:15:06 PM

PS+ annual sub is 30% off today on newegg
That discount ($41.99 vs $59.99 regular) is available in multiple places at the moment including Amazon and the PlayStation store itself if you don't have a Newegg account.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4979 on: June 05, 2020, 07:45:33 AM

Total War fans, mark August 13th on your calendars. SEGA is giving away the upcoming Total War: Troy FOR FREE! for the first 24 hours of the game's release.

Oh, and the giveaway is on the Epic Store and the game will be an exclusive there for the first year...

Troy is being given away for free because it looks absolutely awful, and after Thrones of Britannia, nobody is going to buy a Total War Saga title for $40. The preview builds and closed-door showings of the game have been almost universally panned, and recent videos showing off a preview battle do not do it any favors either. It tries to straddle the historical-versus-fantastical line and does it very poorly, unlike something like Three Kingdoms.

About the best thing that could be said for it so far is that it looks like it's being used as a test bed for features and QOL that'll come in Total Warhammer 3, as it uses the same engine.

Also as a side note, since Total War games all run out of CA's own launcher, after the initial purchase and install, the Epic Store will be pretty unobtrusive for it. Here's hoping Warhammer 3 doesn't get snagged though, as that'll be an absolute nightmare with DLC integration.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4980 on: June 11, 2020, 01:57:25 PM

Some sort of Demons Souls was just announced for PSV. Can't tell if it's a remaster or new.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4981 on: June 11, 2020, 02:16:36 PM

Not a remaster, it's a remake. Also, not by FROM -- it's from Bluepoint Games, they did the Shadow of the Colossus remake, among other remakes/remasters.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4982 on: June 11, 2020, 02:27:10 PM

Ah, thanks. They did a good job with the SotC remake, but not sure about doing DS.

Otherwise there was lots of good looking stuff in the PSV presser, and also a bit of meh.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4983 on: June 11, 2020, 02:27:48 PM

Yeah they previewed a lot of stuff.
schild
Administrator

Reply #4984 on: June 11, 2020, 02:35:19 PM

Seems like it has land of giants don't care who is making it, from is mediocre at best anyway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4985 on: June 11, 2020, 02:35:54 PM

Some of us were crying in Discord when Demon's Souls showed up. With that said, knowing it's not by From is the ultimate party pooper. Sure, it could turn out good but I don't trust it.

Anyway, here are the only trailers you should care about from the 80 minutes presentation.

The Playstation 5.

Demon's Souls

Horizon Forbidden West

Project Athia

Returnal

Deathloop

Resident Evil 8

Gran Turismo 7

Little Devil Inside

Stray

Ghostwire Tokyo

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4986 on: June 11, 2020, 02:39:57 PM

You missed Ratchet and Clank. ;)

Returnal looked like a neat idea with a terrible name made by a marketing team that needs to try harder.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4987 on: June 11, 2020, 03:06:50 PM

I haven't forgotten Ratchet and Clank, I've ignored it.

I may have forgotten this one though

Pragmata

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4988 on: June 11, 2020, 04:19:42 PM

Here's the R&C trailer I referenced above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai3o0XtrnM8&feature=emb_logo
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4989 on: June 13, 2020, 11:16:58 AM

Persona 4 (Golden) JUST dropped on Steam. HD version. $20

It is better than Christmas!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1113000/Persona_4_Golden/

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4990 on: June 13, 2020, 12:18:22 PM

Do you just not like Insomniac? No love for the Miles Morales Spidey joint? Their first spidey was great.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4991 on: June 15, 2020, 12:35:18 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Better or worse than 5?  I stalled out on 5 (due to a unexpected death too far removed from a save, and then a crash too far removed from a save in the same fucking location), but still liked it quite a bit.  20 dollars is surprisingly cheap.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4992 on: June 15, 2020, 05:50:25 AM

Overall, I think 5 is probably the best Persona. But depending on how much setting, characters, atmosphere and stories have an impact on you that can easily change. For example, I like Persona 3 much better than Persona 4 but public opinion is split. Same for Shin Megami Tensei 3 and/or 4. Also, if you ask me the quality of the port is fantastic. The game is gorgeous in a way that it's hard to see its Playstation 2 roots.

So the answer is: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (I have no idea how people do this characters, I copy-pasted it from Google after searching "shrug emoticon")

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4993 on: June 15, 2020, 08:22:32 AM

Griftlands is on Steam now for $10, and there's a demo too. It's an RPG with a "Slay" engine. It is much more than what you can describe in a few words. It deserves to be checked out and even tried (again, free demo) without thinking too much.

From Klei, the Oxygen not included and Don't Starve people.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/601840/Griftlands/

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4994 on: June 15, 2020, 10:52:19 AM

Better or worse than 5?  I stalled out on 5 (due to a unexpected death too far removed from a save, and then a crash too far removed from a save in the same fucking location), but still liked it quite a bit.  20 dollars is surprisingly cheap.

I like 5 better. 4 has some decent story lines and some QOL improvements over P3. I stalled out on 4 and couldn't finish. I think I was underleveled at some point and just didn't feel like grinding it out.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4995 on: June 15, 2020, 01:06:18 PM

Rocksmith 2014 is $9 on humble rn https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rocksmith-2014-edition

Still need to get a cord (unless you know what ASIO is), but if you buy Cherub Rock DLC you can get thousands of fan-made DLCs (it uses Cherub Rock as a base for modding).

And I do mean thousands, I'm over 1000 songs now and I'm fairly picky  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4996 on: June 17, 2020, 09:37:29 AM

There was a System Shock alpha dev demo a couple weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6QXr62mb1g

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4997 on: June 21, 2020, 04:14:35 PM

So I discovered a downside to playing more frequently on a Nintendo console (a Switch). I can no longer play on an Xbox controller because the face buttons, while sharing the same labels as Nintendo, are all in different positions. I was trying to play the Code Vein demo on PC yesterday because the full game is on Steam sale and was trying to decide if I wanted to purchase it and I was constantly struggling to press the proper button on button prompts. So now I have a PS4 controller on order so I can use that instead.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4998 on: June 21, 2020, 04:41:48 PM

If only there wasn't an X on xbox and ps4 controllers I'd probably be able to move between them ok. But there do be.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4999 on: June 22, 2020, 11:55:39 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5000 on: June 22, 2020, 11:57:21 AM

My wife has been among the streamers using Mixer up until last night. Apparently there is some serious high drama involving racist bullshit and sexual harrassment/rape allegations that blew up in the last 24 hours.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5001 on: June 22, 2020, 12:26:24 PM

I'm sorry your wife is a racist rapist, Haemmy. There is help available, you don't need to live with that.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5002 on: June 23, 2020, 10:44:59 AM

Rimshot
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5003 on: June 23, 2020, 11:01:52 AM

I'm sorry your wife is a racist rapist, Haemmy. There is help available, you don't need to live with that.

Is that someone who is both a racist and a rapist, or is it a rapist that rapes racists?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5004 on: July 06, 2020, 06:18:36 PM

Watch Dogs 2 for PC will be given away for free during the Ubisoft Forward stream July 12th for those with Uplay accounts.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/41nS5f7EjNSB9Hi7CwSuVz/ubisoft-forward-everything-you-need-to-know
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: