Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 09, 2020, 06:03:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 700460 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #5005 on: July 12, 2020, 02:35:09 PM

Watch Dogs 2 for PC will be given away for free during the Ubisoft Forward stream July 12th for those with Uplay accounts.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/41nS5f7EjNSB9Hi7CwSuVz/ubisoft-forward-everything-you-need-to-know

In "no suprise" news, the login servers shit the bed and nobody can get the game or the special AC:Valhalla items for being logged in and watching the video.

EDIT: Apparently they're giving all rewards to all accounts or something.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:49:49 PM by Hawkbit »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5006 on: July 13, 2020, 08:30:07 AM

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:51:13 AM by Sky »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5007 on: July 15, 2020, 12:58:12 PM

Wrong post

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5008 on: July 15, 2020, 02:47:39 PM

Ghost of Tsushima is rating pretty decently overall so far - seems a bit derivative akin to Assassin's Creed: Japan, but overall good/great. It's on a short list of games I've been looking forward to, so probably going to snag it tomorrow night.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5009 on: July 15, 2020, 03:08:23 PM

It's a Sucker Punch game. Sounds like other Sucker Punch games, but with samurai that dabble in ninja. I'm sold. I thought the Infamous games were a lot of fun if a bit repetitive at times.

Giant Bomb seemed a bit mixed on it, but they kind of just sounded like old cranky assholes while talking about it. ACG loved it and seemed to play a lot of it due to review copies going out very early (which is odd considering the most anyone on Giant Bomb played seemed to be around 8 hours). Reviews seem similar to what all of their other games get. Opinions on the combat seem to be all over the place.

I'll probably buy this and put off getting TLOU2 for another day. I'm not quite ready to be horribly depressed due to a video game yet. I need a game with some visceral action, because PoE and Persona 5R don't really provide that fix.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:10:30 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5010 on: July 15, 2020, 03:20:17 PM

Sounds like a solid "8" game. Combat is good, art direction is amazing, story/dialog is meh, open world is so-so. I might wait, though, to play on PS5.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5011 on: July 15, 2020, 03:36:40 PM

If I had an confidence that I'll be able to convince my wife within a year of PS5 release, sure. If we're still in quarantine, the probability rises.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5012 on: July 16, 2020, 09:07:19 AM

I was watching the Digital Foundry review (which tends to be more about the engine) and kept getting annoyed about how bad the particles looked. They were clearly not being rendered in the same lighting and disappearing randomly right in front of you. For snow, I could kinda see that working, but for leaves it's a little thing that is really jarring to me.

Also, apparently trees in Japan have a billion leaves.

Leaves. So many leaves. A leaf-based economy in full inflation meltdown.

Gameplay look ok, but the main thing that appealed to me was the flute. So I'll be holding off on it until PS5.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #5013 on: July 17, 2020, 12:03:29 AM

I have enjoyed the first hour so far. I should have waited for PS5 only because it makes my PS4 non-pro sound like a jet engine. I'm going to have to find a way to cool it or something.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5014 on: July 17, 2020, 10:11:40 AM

It's a Sucker Punch game. Sounds like other Sucker Punch games, but with samurai that dabble in ninja. I'm sold. I thought the Infamous games were a lot of fun if a bit repetitive at times.

Giant Bomb seemed a bit mixed on it, but they kind of just sounded like old cranky assholes while talking about it. ACG loved it and seemed to play a lot of it due to review copies going out very early (which is odd considering the most anyone on Giant Bomb played seemed to be around 8 hours). Reviews seem similar to what all of their other games get. Opinions on the combat seem to be all over the place.

I'll probably buy this and put off getting TLOU2 for another day. I'm not quite ready to be horribly depressed due to a video game yet. I need a game with some visceral action, because PoE and Persona 5R don't really provide that fix.

The guys on the Bombcast and the Beastcast have compared it to the earlier Assassin's Creed games as far as the open world stuff goes. I used to love those games, but don't think I'm interested in going back to that sort of thing now. If there's some sort of PSN holiday sale around the time the PS5 drops (depending on how much one of those will cost), that might be the scenario where it give it a chance.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5015 on: July 20, 2020, 11:43:55 AM

Atlus just announced that Shin Megami Tensei 5 will be out in 2021 with a new trailer. Finally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwbmYfsrGfU

But what's MORE important is that they announced the HD version of Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne for Switch and PS4! This is the second best piece of gaming news I've ever heard after the remake of Demon's Souls. And it's pretty much up there.

Here's a trailer for SMT3 too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f82xMoxZmFM

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: