Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1340869 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1190 on: August 16, 2013, 10:31:42 AM

Like I said before, I don't believe in laws anymore.  I think a group of people from one side of the issue should get together and duke it out with the other side and eat the bodies and when there's no one left, there will be many happy people.  I call this the Shut the fuck up and die you motherfucking retard method.  I tested it on fish.  It works. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1191 on: August 16, 2013, 10:51:36 AM

I don't really think the government should be in the business investigating random non-specific death threats from online trolls and assholes after a kid got jailed for joking on League of Legends that he was going to "Shoot up his school" and "eat everyone's still-beating hearts" (which is punctuated with "lol, jk").

What a fucking waste of time and resources.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1192 on: August 16, 2013, 11:06:57 AM

Like I said before, I don't believe in laws anymore.  I think a group of people from one side of the issue should get together and duke it out with the other side and eat the bodies and when there's no one left, there will be many happy people.  I call this the Shut the fuck up and die you motherfucking retard method.  I tested it on fish.  It works. 

Until the point that the strongest people get together and decide they are in charge.  Those strong people, they're not very nice at all.

I don't really think the government should be in the business investigating random non-specific death threats from online trolls and assholes after a kid got jailed for joking on League of Legends that he was going to "Shoot up his school" and "eat everyone's still-beating hearts" (which is punctuated with "lol, jk").

What a fucking waste of time and resources.

Until it turns out, oh it wasn't LOL JK and now your kid/ wife/ dog is dead.  So yeah, I'm fine with it.

In fact I'm all for throwing more of them in jail while freeing the potheads because only one of those groups was being a disruptive with demonstrated lack of impulse control and understanding of what a fucktard they're being. Plus the internet attitude of making tough-guy threats is toxic and doesn't belong in a society. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1193 on: August 16, 2013, 11:19:16 AM

I suck at being an internet bully.  No one takes me seriously.  I think it's because of all the  Heart s in my posts.  I'm also a really polite anarchist.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1194 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:00 AM

Until it turns out, oh it wasn't LOL JK and now your kid/ wife/ dog is dead.  So yeah, I'm fine with it.

In fact I'm all for throwing more of them in jail while freeing the potheads because only one of those groups was being a disruptive with demonstrated lack of impulse control and understanding of what a fucktard they're being. Plus the internet attitude of making tough-guy threats is toxic and doesn't belong in a society.  
It'd be worth having someone get blown up every now and then to not have to waste the police's time with every internet troll who ever posted an anonymous death threat or some stupid shit in a comment field or over email or whatever. Also what are you going to do if they reside in a different country?

Again: A complete waste of time.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1195 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:17 PM

I'm not sure you'd feel the same if internet whackjobs threatened your family over a game. I certainly wouldn't.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1196 on: August 16, 2013, 12:54:17 PM

Blow up his family and find out.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1197 on: August 16, 2013, 01:05:36 PM

I'm not sure you'd feel the same if internet whackjobs threatened your family over a game. I certainly wouldn't.
I've had a complete whackjob who used to be my friend in K-12 literally threaten me and my family in the last year, the police didn't really do anything about it, and I don't particularly care because hey, I'm still here aren't I?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1198 on: August 16, 2013, 01:26:23 PM

Well that's horrible.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1199 on: August 16, 2013, 01:32:18 PM

Like I said before, I don't believe in laws anymore.  I think a group of people from one side of the issue should get together and duke it out with the other side and eat the bodies and when there's no one left, there will be many happy people.  I call this the Shut the fuck up and die you motherfucking retard method.  I tested it on fish.  It works.  
Do you get in a lot of disagreements with fish?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:48:27 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: August 16, 2013, 01:33:35 PM

So why do people hate her?  Does she write legitimately awful stories destroying beloved characters or is this just an over-reaction from the Tali Sweat Gang?

IIRC wasn't she the dumbass writer that was quoted as thinking video games are stupid or some equally stupid remark that was sure to alienate her from the audience she was hired to write for?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1201 on: August 16, 2013, 01:47:49 PM

She said the least favorite thing for her working in the industry was playing the games, and that she would like to fast forward through combat.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1202 on: August 16, 2013, 01:51:20 PM

IIRC wasn't she the dumbass writer that was quoted as thinking video games are stupid or some equally stupid remark that was sure to alienate her from the audience she was hired to write for?

Someone dug up an interview from years previous in which she said she had trouble with combat and preferred the talky bits, and since she was a lead on DA2 and they "didn't like" combat in DA2, she was obviously responsible for making it suck.

You know, internet logic.

Also, Jenny does not silently suffer bullshit. So when she retorted, internet people got all "How dare she talk back to us?"

You know, internet treatment of women.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1203 on: August 16, 2013, 02:03:13 PM

The Internet is a true festering gob of pretend villainy and anonymous horribleness.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:26 PM

She said the least favorite thing for her working in the industry was playing the games, and that she would like to fast forward through combat.

Not as bad as I thought, still not the smoothest quote.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1205 on: August 16, 2013, 02:42:30 PM

So she's getting all of this crap because she likes the story part better than the shooty part?  Sheesh, her and millions of other women out there. Unless someone has a legitimate problem with her writing I'm goiing to assume this is all internet douchebaggery.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: August 16, 2013, 02:46:51 PM

So she's getting all of this crap because she likes the story part better than the shooty part?  Sheesh, her and millions of other women out there. Unless someone has a legitimate problem with her writing I'm going to assume this is all internet douchebaggery.

This is always a safe assumption.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
schild
Administrator

Reply #1207 on: August 16, 2013, 05:39:37 PM

I just picked up Scrolls because one of my old friends said I shouldn't think about it as a CCG or anything like that, rather to think of it as a sort of HoMaM with Deckbuilding.

I hope it's not that. Or I will make him give me $20 I didn't really have. Weeeeeeee.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1208 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:02 PM

Sounds fishy.  Like fish-in-a-can fishy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #1209 on: August 16, 2013, 06:05:13 PM

It's not quite HoMaM/King's Bounty. But it's not quite Magic either. I don't know what's going on here yet. It's certainly not fucking Minecraft though.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: August 16, 2013, 08:07:15 PM

So she's getting all of this crap because she likes the story part better than the shooty part?  Sheesh, her and millions of other women out there. Unless someone has a legitimate problem with her writing I'm goiing to assume this is all internet douchebaggery.
Offhand, if I was female? i doubt I'd ever read a damn thing in comments. Ever.

More than raging douchbaggery, there is incredibly misogyny.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: August 17, 2013, 07:08:08 AM

The Internet is a true festering gob of pretend villainy and anonymous horribleness.
Mind you, so's The Metro and yet people believed what they printed.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1212 on: August 20, 2013, 07:46:41 AM

Will the new xBox One controller work on the 360?  It looks peachy.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1213 on: August 20, 2013, 07:56:45 AM

I just picked up Scrolls because one of my old friends said I shouldn't think about it as a CCG or anything like that, rather to think of it as a sort of HoMaM with Deckbuilding.

I hope it's not that. Or I will make him give me $20 I didn't really have. Weeeeeeee.

I've been playing it a bit, it's not very sticky. There's some fun ideas in there, but the fact that there are only three decks, and only about 50(ish) cards for each means that the depth and variety are pretty limited. After about a dozen games you've seen 99% of the game, or so I felt.

It's also kinda grindy to get cards.

edit: For comparison, Hearthstone apparently has 489 cards straight out of the gate, more than treble what scrolls has after months of beta.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:59:16 AM by K9 »

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
schild
Administrator

Reply #1214 on: August 20, 2013, 08:21:46 AM

Yea Scrolls isn't exactly the best thing ever. In fact, I'm not even sure its good or should have any sort of continued development.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: August 20, 2013, 09:16:02 AM

Might & Magic X on steam!
...it's early access  Ohhhhh, I see.
...it's 29,99€   Ohhhhh, I see.
...requires Uplay  swamp poop

Guess I'll check back when it's ready to release if it's so good that I'll get it despite Uplay  Heartbreak
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1216 on: August 20, 2013, 01:46:09 PM

After the abortion that was IX, I'll never pay full price or first day release for that series, despite another publisher and development team.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: August 20, 2013, 10:57:36 PM

Other than a one time activation, M&M X doesn't require UPlay.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1218 on: August 21, 2013, 01:33:27 AM

The fact they charged your credit card immediately and you still gotta call them and tell them you actually bought AND PLAYING it is pretty much nonsensical to me.
But fuck it, I never enjoyed Might & Magic.
Fuck nostalgia.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1219 on: August 21, 2013, 02:53:10 AM

The fact they charged your credit card immediately and you still gotta call them and tell them you actually bought AND PLAYING it is pretty much nonsensical to me.
But fuck it, I never enjoyed Might & Magic.
Fuck nostalgia.

Might&Magic is probably my all-time favourite western rpg series except for IX (Suikoden being my favourite Japanese rpg series...except for IV).
and in both cases I mean the games in the original series and not heroes or tactics or anything like that
Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: August 22, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

Guess I'll check back when it's ready to release if it's so good that I'll get it despite Uplay  Heartbreak
It's also grid based and has "tactical combat."  They are attempting to channel M&M IV and V with this one, and good luck to them.  There is a niche market out there who enjoy this type of RPG experience, myself included.  If they can get beyond the bugs and the angry fans demanding M&M: Skyrim, they may carve out a nice little spot for themselves in the market.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: August 23, 2013, 12:47:35 AM

It's also grid based and has "tactical combat."  They are attempting to channel M&M IV and V with this one, and good luck to them.  There is a niche market out there who enjoy this type of RPG experience, myself included.  If they can get beyond the bugs and the angry fans demanding M&M: Skyrim, they may carve out a nice little spot for themselves in the market.

I didn'y mention those since I don't consider them things that would make me skip the game (also didn't mention the fact that there is no "front/back row" anymore with all 4 (instead of 6) characters being in the front because while I think I don't like it I can't be sure without trying it first)
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: August 23, 2013, 06:50:07 PM

Actually M&M X looks like Dungeon Master.  Grimrock to you goddamn kids.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: August 24, 2013, 07:24:11 AM

Um, not really.

M&M was grid based and turn based for years before it made the jump to proper 3D in M&M6. The fact it's turn based separates it from Dngeon Master as it completely changes how combat works. Back in the days when grid based dungeon crawlers were all the rage, the difference between Real-Time and turn based was the key divider line between games.

Of course, Dungeon Master remains the best dungeon crawling game ever made but for me its always been M&M3 that held a soft spot in my heart of the turn based games. I hope the new one really captures that sense of epic scale the good M&M games had - traversing an entire continent with different landscapes and monsters.

(I also wish they would delink from the heroes games a bit more. M&Ms best monsters don't fit into the heroes games so don't appear in this or the card game or any of the other stuff they have out out which is a shame as they were one of the things that separated M&M from other fantasy games).
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1224 on: August 24, 2013, 07:34:40 AM

Eye of the Beholder?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: