Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: God I love Blizzard: 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God I love Blizzard:  (Read 16056 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 06:36:11 AM

But remember: achievements don't drive gameplay!
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 08:31:34 AM

I'm old and farty, don't care about achievements, but don't care that others love them.  I also don't care if they are funny, not funny, or not relevant either.  I do like that they have given a lot of people something to aspire to and connect to the game better.  The more people that are happy and playing the game, the better it is for my experience.  MMO's without people are, well, really poorly developed single player games.

I do care when I have to die over and over in a daily pug because some guy wants an achievement.  I REALLY care when it is an achievement I already have because I died over and over for some other twit. (Tanked one like this last night)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:32 AM

I like achievements in the sense that I like the whole "Hey, you did something interesting" bit. But not the extent of, you know, trying to get one. (Not unless I'm really bored).

So I'm all for things like noting down that you've won a round of Wintergrasp, or managed to burn down a particularly powerful boss really quickly, or even that you've done a shit-ton of quests in an area.

Stuff that flows naturally from the game, so to speak.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:55:14 AM by Morat20 »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:44 AM

I'm not adverse to achievements but I never really played the game in order to get them specifically.  I never got interested in it.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 10:09:16 AM

if you can't enjoy that peacebloom vs ghouls game then you're broken on a basic level.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 20, 2010, 11:08:03 AM

I do care when I have to die over and over in a daily pug because some guy wants an achievement.  I REALLY care when it is an achievement I already have because I died over and over for some other twit. (Tanked one like this last night)
This. First time some pug retard wipes us for an achievement he's votekicked or I bail, period.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #41 on: September 20, 2010, 11:11:33 AM

I love just killing Moorabi after a failed Less-Rabi attempt.

Peacebloom v. Ghouls could be amusing.  As for achievements, I go for them if they're not too annoying.  It gives you something to do when you run out of ideas.

-Rasix
WoopeeTuralyon
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 20, 2010, 11:43:20 AM

This. First time some pug retard wipes us for an achievement he's votekicked or I bail, period.

Umm... why ever stay in a group like that? Get out of there and re-queue after the first wipe.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 03:30:59 PM

The "Glory of the Hero" achievement was kinda fun to get and the mount is alright looking. It's just a matter of time-investment/difficulty for me.

As for the 310% mount achievement in ICC? Fuck. That. Noise.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 05:13:37 PM

As for the 310% mount achievement in ICC? Fuck. That. Noise.
None of those are particularly hard.  We just need heroic Putricide and the LK\Sindragosa hard modes.  Everything else was just a matter of "hai guyz, let's do this tonight!" followed by "ok!" and then it happened.  But then you really need a group of 10 people who play well together and are fairly competent to make it easy.  Luckily my 10m group has been playing together for almost 2 years with 6-7 of us so we're pretty tight.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: God I love Blizzard:  
Jump to: