Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:01:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer)  (Read 67782 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 09:47:35 AM

Hell, no! I think Hodgson given time will do just fine. But he's also got to be given some goddamn funds. I'm in the "String Hicks and Gillette up by their jaxies" crowd. Those fuckers are poison to the club.

WayAbvPar

Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 01:49:18 PM

They had many of the same issues last year with a different manager. You have to give Hodgson a couple of years at least to try to reform the club into something competitive. By the time that is done all the stars of today will be too old or have fucked off to greener pastures, which is too bad, I guess. I still get a little thrill when LFC loses, but it is starting to feel like rooting against a Special Olympics side.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 02:11:37 PM

That's not too far off. Though rather than Special Olympics, more like the second string of the methodone clinic's weekend team.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 12:29:52 PM

So are you ready to walk hand in hand with Red Sox nation Haem?

Fanbases are similar, I'll give them that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 01:29:58 PM

Look, at this point I'd accept almost anyone at Liverpool that was willing to wipe away the club debt and get rid of those two shitbags. When the club is 8 days away from possible administration (and the disastrous 9-point deduction that would mean) and the goddamn owners are trying to pussyfoot around installing ringers into the board to make sure they can still try to squeeze every cent out of the club before leaving it a tattered husk, I ain't too picky about who gets to write the checks.

WayAbvPar

Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 09:09:41 AM

On the bright side I bet Liverpool would do pretty well in the Championship.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 09:19:15 AM

It worked for Newcastle. ACK!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 11, 2010, 04:11:26 PM

The 9 points is irrelevant - Liverpool will take 50 points over the season.

The issue is that in administration the sale is entirely up for grabs again and any sort of bullshit could emerge.

On another note - Liverpool are incredibly lucky that the club isn't worth a few hundred million more than it is. If Liverpool were Man Utd right now, the banks would have let the debt ride up to 800M or more, and then when everything had gone tits up it would have been a fuck load more difficult to find a buyer who could cover that debt.

So are you in the "Roy Hodgson must go!" contingent of the fandom? Seems to be the basic refrain at this point.

This is a vanishingly small contingent.

Liverpool fans don't whine about managers, even when it is obvious they are functionally retarded. It's how we tell actual fans from tourists.

Liverpool fans didn't whine about Graeme fucking Souness.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 09:46:30 PM

Hell, Liverpool fans didn't whine about Rafa even when it was clearly obvious he was out the door to Italy before the season was even over. Ok, I whined, but I got tired of his shit about midway through last season when he thought Lucas Leiva was the answer to Xabi Alonso.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 04:42:08 AM

I hear a lot of people screaming for Hodgsons head on a plate. It dumbfounds me, Liverpools esprit de corps was not sacking managers rashly, to sack one with a third of the season gone is unmentionable. Especially considering he inherited a relatively bogus team with no money.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 04:59:40 PM

Laughing out loud.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 11:13:05 AM

Liverpool could not have looked more limp if they were comatose today. Maxi and Lucas are useless fuckers and playing Carragher on the right is depriving the squad of what little natural width they'd have with an actual right back. I become less convinced by Skrtel with every game. The lack of a real holding midfielder who can tie the front to the back is killing Liverpool, especially with the formation they are picking. They need to be going with 2 strikers up front from the start. Torres is just not able to be the lone guy right now, whether through injury or lack of match fitness, and the midfield can't get the ball to him. It got so bad at one point I actually WELCOME Babel's entry into the game.

In sort of related news, my FIFA 11 Liverpool career has started just as badly.  Ohhhhh, I see.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 03:55:26 PM

Rooney to City perhaps? There will be blood.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 03:36:15 AM

100% agree with Haemish, United suffer the same problems when Scholes isn't playing. Losing Alonso and Masch has hurt Liverpool bad (among other things), you can see the defenders have no trust in Lucas et al and you can understand when he's basically sub-Championship standard. Also Gerrards touch is gone to shite.

United shoud swap Rooney for Arteta.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:29 AM

See the thing is Ferguson prefers his players to be family men, in fact this is exactly how Lee Sharpe fell from grace including an ankle injury cover-up. I think Rooney is less likely to appear on Celebrity love island or never return to form.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 05:36:55 AM

Ronaldo leaving was sad. Rooney leaving... eh, do I really care?
WayAbvPar

Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 09:03:22 AM

I feel the opposite. I never liked Ronaldo, while I appreciated his talents and how he helped win silverware. Rooney, OTOH, I have always liked, despite his temper and off field problems (it isn't logical so I can't explain it). I will be sad to see him go to another team, especially another English team.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 09:36:13 AM

He won't end up in England if he gets transferred. I'd love him over on Merseyside but we know that'll never happen. Ferguson generally doesn't like sending his star talent to other English outfits that might challenge him for a title. It doesn't sound like he'll end up in Madrid either, but I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up somewhere in Spain or Italy. I hear Benitez likes to overspend on talent.  awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 09:39:47 AM

I can't imagine Rooney in some cosmopolitan Euro hotspot. He would be miserable! Liverpool or Everton would be best just so he could live amongst his fellow scousers. He would be a hero there  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 09:49:04 AM

Fergie would sooner light him on fire than send him to Liverpool.  Ohhhhh, I see.

WayAbvPar

Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:00 AM

Oh I know. Not sure they could afford the rape-y transfer fee it would require anyway.

Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 01:46:18 PM

Spurs are to release a new DVD I see  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 02:41:57 PM

No they didn't. I haven't checked the scores as I don't want the Valencia or Werder Bremen games spoiled. Did Spurs really coax a draw out of Benitez's Inter Milan? I delight in his suffering.

Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 03:41:26 PM

Check the part in quotes above the score. Extrapolate :P
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:27 AM

Yeah, I found the score after. Heh.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 22, 2010, 05:07:05 PM

Gareth Bale is a monster, from that three foot square patch of grass he scored his hat trick on at least. :)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: October 25, 2010, 08:40:29 AM

Hey, look at that! Liverpool won a game! Granted, it was against Blackburn but this may be the first game I've seen them play this season where they actually looked interested in the game. They played with tempo and desire. I hate that they keep playing Carragher at right back instead of the kid Kelly - Skrtel is really starting to wear on me as a defensive player. He's great if you want someone to stand there and hit a motherfucker. He's crap at distributing the ball out of the back. There is a real reluctance to play the young kids at Liverpool. Shelvey only got in with like 5 minutes to go, and that was after having one helluva good game against Napoli in the Champions League.

Next week is Bolton, another winnable game. Then Chelsea. Ugh.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 03:04:03 AM

Even though Blackburn are quite poor it's never an easy game at Ewood park so it's a very good result in light of recent events. I really think Hodgson can do a job with Liverpool in restructuring but it will take time at least two years before you can fully assess his worth. Interesting to see the January transfer window.

Especially added twist with the Rooney debacle, I didn't see such a swift turnaround. I wonder did the 40 lads in balaclavas have anything to do with it? I now think fair play to Rooney for asking for assurances about the team, there are players in there that are definitely out of their depth and it needed to be said I gather there's a transfer kitty being released for the January window.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 03, 2010, 03:52:50 PM

Spurs are to release a new DVD I see  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

*removed hotlinked pic of Gareth Bale just destroying Maicon for the fifteenth time last night*

Hehe quiet now aren't ya. ;)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #64 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:11 PM

Even if Spurs hadn't won, Bremen pretty much guaranteed they're not only out of the Champions League, but out of Europe completely. Started well but couldn't score to save their lives. Valencia meanwhile didn't finish Rangers off, but put themselves in the better spot. Man U just needs one draw out of two games to ensure they move forward.

WayAbvPar

Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 04:23:22 PM

They owe Rangers a beating, so hopefully they can do it up north.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 17, 2010, 04:18:27 PM

comments on a blog i read

The ungainly Peter Crouch saved England's honour
and in the last ten minutes, they almost looked like equalising, but that would have been a travesty -- they were shite for 90% of the game.

Wembley : France 2 - 1 England.

We're baaaack!

to call us shite is to insult perfectly good footballing shite.

It was horrible, I buried my nose in a book for most of it trying not to watch the shameful "display"

awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 07:19:21 AM

Arsenal 2- Spurs 3

It's a beautiful day today. filed with joy and happiness. Birds are singing, Trees try to go go green one last time and Arsenal fans have seen their team lose at home. To Spurs.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 20, 2010, 05:02:11 PM

That was a cracking game.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: November 20, 2010, 08:24:20 PM

Wish I could have watched it. I did manage to watch Liverpool dismantle West Ham, but it was hardly a fair fight. That is a terrible team, especially without Scott Parker. Green is a decent goalie and Cole is a decent striker option, but everything between those two players is shit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/11 Football (soccer)  
Jump to: