Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 06:55:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arche Age  (Read 307304 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #245 on: January 30, 2013, 02:33:10 PM

What am I missing? Is this just a link to the Korean client download? What's the point without an account?

Yeah, well, just in case you have korean friends, or you want to test your korean by looking at the launcher, I don't know :P

Or maybe you simply want to satisfy an OCD that makes you download every MMOG client you can put your eyes on.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #246 on: January 30, 2013, 02:41:10 PM

I don't just download them. I keep them. Forever. Do you need the Lineage 2 closed beta client, by any chance?

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: January 30, 2013, 02:46:01 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

No: I satisfy my sexual needs by launching the UO alpha client, from time to time. But thanks anyway.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: January 30, 2013, 02:50:19 PM

I thought we meant Asian MMOGs!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
I could raise your UO client with my Meridian 59 original box, but I think we've derailed the thread enough.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #249 on: February 07, 2013, 11:43:40 PM

So, uh, the game certainly makes for some interesting screenshots.

So in my first hour tooling around, I managed to figure out how to do a few quests, put points in skills, pick Bard as my secondary class, get a jetpack and jump around example housing, and breed and raise a mount.

I streamed it here - http://www.twitch.tv/nonent/b/365162526

You can skip ahead about 10 minutes when I was browsing reddit and having video driver crashes in DX11 mode until I actually make a character and start playing. Sorry for the shit quality.

It certainly does feel like it has open world-y hooks in it, even from an early level. Combat feels fine, hard to actually tell anything with the language barrier.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: February 08, 2013, 08:29:35 AM

<presses F to speak with the crotch>

Or is that to be left speechless by the crotch?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #251 on: February 08, 2013, 11:20:48 AM

<presses F to speak with the crotch>

Or is that to be left speechless by the crotch?

Whatever you need it to be, baby. Skrillexhair is flexible.

It likes hovering all the interaction prompts right around crotch level, so if you're facing in the general direction of a thing you can interact with, the prompt is generally right around waist level.

There are neat things it does at lower level, like put these little lightning balls outside of town on the road that give you a runspeed buff for 30 seconds on the road, which is usually long enough to make it most of the way to the next quest hub.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: June 11, 2013, 03:50:52 PM

Beta applications for this game opened today, at http://www.archeagegame.com/.

And there's a bit of hype to tie in with Trion's showing at E3, with the first official English language trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0btZdRdg9c
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: June 11, 2013, 04:17:45 PM

Would love to hand them my money.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: June 12, 2013, 07:49:49 AM

If you sign in to your Trion account from that page, you'll automatically be entered into the beta.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: June 12, 2013, 08:39:13 AM

I haven't logged into Rift in a very long time, and don't recall changing my password, but it doesn't work. So I entered my answers to my secret questions but they don't work. I logged in to chat with their customer service reps, and got this:

You are currently number 144 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 58:30. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 58:43.

What the hell, over?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: June 12, 2013, 10:16:15 AM

If you sign in to your Trion account from that page, you'll automatically be entered into the beta.

You mean you will automatically apply, cause I got no beta invite after I did that yesterday.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: June 12, 2013, 10:22:54 AM

I haven't logged into Rift in a very long time, and don't recall changing my password, but it doesn't work. So I entered my answers to my secret questions but they don't work. I logged in to chat with their customer service reps, and got this:

You are currently number 144 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 58:30. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 58:43.

What the hell, over?

My old Rift password - which seems to have become my general Trion password -  did work but it immediately prompted me for a new password and security question, as they've apparently introduced new stringent rules (eg requiring stronger passwords) in the recent past.

I'd guess something has gone wrong there. I'd also guess a large number of people who used to play Rift but haven't logged on to a Trion website for months or years are trying to sign up for the ArcheAge beta right now and facing the same problem.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: June 12, 2013, 10:24:50 AM

Mine worked fine.

I am the .00000001428%
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: June 12, 2013, 10:49:04 AM

I don't remember changing my password but apparently I did at some point without writing it down, nor did I write down the secret questions but now I have and I'm all squared away.

An hour in the queue for customer service online chat. I wonder if this is normal or if everyone is trying to sign up for beta?
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: June 12, 2013, 10:50:17 AM

When I bought Defiance, I had to change my password because I'd long forgotten it.

Then it was, "Thanks for changing your password! We were hacked a while back, so please change your password again for DOUBLE SECRET SAFETY!"

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: June 12, 2013, 11:09:32 AM

Quite a confusing article about Trion, XLGames and the process of bringing AA to the west.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-trions-role-in-bringing-archeage-to-the-west/

EDIT: off-screen gameplay presentation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgi98pSu_a8
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:39:35 AM by Lucas »

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:04 AM

I don't remember changing my password but apparently I did at some point without writing it down, nor did I write down the secret questions but now I have and I'm all squared away.

An hour in the queue for customer service online chat. I wonder if this is normal or if everyone is trying to sign up for beta?

Rift is going F2P today. That may or may not have something to do with it.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:58 PM

Rift is going F2P today. That may or may not have something to do with it.

Ah, that makes more sense.

I might give Rift another go actually. It was pretty good fun for what it was.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:36 AM

You mean you will automatically apply, cause I got no beta invite after I did that yesterday.
Entered into the beta [applicant pool].  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  I was just explaining an easier way to apply than to fill out the entire form since many here would have RIFT accounts.

Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: June 19, 2013, 06:28:18 PM

Chomping anxiously at the bit for this.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: July 23, 2013, 02:41:15 PM

Here's the latest news on the EU/NA version, posted earlier today by Trion's Community Manager James Nichols on Archage Source:

Source

Hey everyone,

It’s been a while since I made a post here outside of the Shoutbox so I thought I’d make it one about a topic that I’m sure is on many of your minds. “When will the wait be over?”

I wish I could give you the date and time today – but the ones we have in mind could still change, even if they are the best laid plans of mice & men!

A little bit about those plans

There’re many things we need to accomplish in order to successfully release ArcheAge to players in North America in Europe. Some hurdles are bigger than others and, in some cases, determine our ability to move forward towards launch.

The first really big one, in progress right now, is working with XL to integrate the game itself with our account/billing platform. This is essential to enabling server access for anyone outside of our office – we do not pass GO, we do not collect $200 until this very important phase has been completed. It is the top priority but, as you can imagine, it is extraordinarily complex with many people and moving parts involved.

To a similar end, XL Games is coming over here very soon and is helping us to set up our server architecture to run ArcheAge according to its design.

Of course, we also need to localize the game so you’re not playing in Korean. We’ve got the first large chunk of localization done, and we’re working on the updates and doing edit passes to make sure that the localization is as good as we can possibly make it.

Once these significant milestones have been accomplished closed testing can begin – our plan is to be at this point within the next few months!

Testing & You

No doubt the very mention of testing gets some of you excited! Perhaps you’ve even just clicked my name with plans to send a brief PM explaining why you would be the perfect candidate (it’s easier to sign up at www.archeagegame.com, but I do appreciate the letters). We’re just as excited to get to the point where we can invite external testers but expect the closed testing period to last at least a few months.

What’s changing?

I realize that no shortage of your eagerness for more info has to deal with what aspects of ArcheAge we are modifying or changing.

Know this: Any “Westernization” that occurs will likely be very minimal and done to improve usability/understanding of mechanics based on conventions we’ve grown accustomed to that differ from those of Korean gamers.

Don’t expect entirely new features exclusive to the NA/EU release or sweeping changes to mechanics – what you can expect are small tweaks to the way some existing features function. ArcheAge is already an amazing game, that’s why we have always been excited publish it.

It’s also very important to keep in mind that this game is constantly changing. There have been so many awesome features since ArcheAge launched in Korea and we want to make sure we have as many of them as possible available at release. Changing around mechanics and the fundamental systems that fuel the game would only increase the amount of time it would take to incorporate new and future updates – not a good thing!

While we’re on this topic, I think it’s important that I point out where the most significant change and work is going to take place: The Text.

We’re talking over 1,000,000 words AND climbing!

It’s no small feat to achieve and the biggest challenge here is the fact that there are many distinct differences between Western & Korean cultures that we need to take into account. Everything from value systems to how we greet and interact with people based on our relationship to them is different. This matters a lot to language and the way things are written/expressed which means that localization is not as simple as running everything through Google Translate - at least not if we want an entertaining experience… well, one we can understand that is :)

What’s next?

Expect things to stay quiet for a few more weeks at least - until accounts are able to login to the game through our platform we’ll be busy planning live streams and the future roll out of content, not to mention reading a lot (A LOT) of text. You’ll know when things are really getting going, the noise will be deafening!

Until then, keep the feedback coming & thanks as always for your continued support of ArcheAge – I realize after possibly YEARS of waiting this may not come easily to some but enjoy these early days, cherish them even. They will not last, I guarantee it :D

Cheers

Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: October 28, 2013, 09:55:16 AM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #268 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:52 AM

Well that will just about wrap up the chances it goes West then.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: October 28, 2013, 09:33:16 PM

well there goes my interest in the entire genre. There was frankly barely any left, and from what I heard archeage didnt turn out to be quite the thing I was hoped to be - still though It was something different, a  sandbox among the sea of themeparks.  whats on the horizon? WoW 2.5 aka wildstar and more of the same.... This genre became really stale in just 10 years, but  I guess that is a general lifespan of most things
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:40:26 PM by Dark_MadMax »
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: October 28, 2013, 09:46:45 PM

We need more big budget sandbox failures  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

My god the comments are delicious!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SANDBOX PVP GAME WITH A SUBSCRIPTION FAILED!!" I can almost hear the heavy mouth breathing through every sentence.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:56:29 PM by MediumHigh »
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: October 29, 2013, 04:15:25 PM

We need more big budget sandbox failures  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

My god the comments are delicious!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SANDBOX PVP GAME WITH A SUBSCRIPTION FAILED!!" I can almost hear the heavy mouth breathing through every sentence.  awesome, for real

I'm confused. You sound snarky like there's joy in this, but it sounds like you don't want game developers to try making fun or interesting games...?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: October 29, 2013, 05:13:52 PM

They do have a working, fully featured and beautiful-looking game, as far as I can tell. So as long as XL doesn't actually go out of business, it should be possible to continue with the transfer to Trion in the West, even if the prospect of major future updates starts to look a bit slim.

Maybe I'm just hoping  cry
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: October 30, 2013, 06:26:34 PM

They do have a working, fully featured and beautiful-looking game, as far as I can tell. So as long as XL doesn't actually go out of business, it should be possible to continue with the transfer to Trion in the West, even if the prospect of major future updates starts to look a bit slim.

Maybe I'm just hoping  cry
yeah but then  I hear about bikini parties, mario cart racing and farmville like housing  and understand why fully featured sandbox might be not of much interest to many people
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:14:11 PM by Dark_MadMax »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: November 01, 2013, 06:05:51 AM

Black Desert is the next one to look forward too. Or, you know, EverQuest Next.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #275 on: November 02, 2013, 12:01:59 AM

Black Desert is the next one to look forward too. Or, you know, EverQuest Next.

The best MMOs are the ones that haven't come out yet.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: February 03, 2014, 12:42:59 PM

So, what's the latest on this once eagerly awaited MMO? The official website has been updated with two pieces of fiction:

https://www.archeagegame.com/en/

On January 28th, Scott Hartsman released a bit more info on the present status of the project:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/feature/8126/ArcheAge-Finally-Playable-in-English-Friends-and-Family-Alpha-Begins.html

Yep, they're now in the F&F Alpha, so hopefully things will start to speed up.
Then I asked Scott to sort of clarify the way ArcheAge uses both a traditional quest structure and mixes it with the sandbox to ease people into the freedom it presents. There is a content path, a main story from 1-50, but you’ll only see about half the world while progressing through the story.  You start out in an area with quest hubs, quest progression, in your own racial starting area.  This is intended as a way to introduce you into the world. Within one or two quests, you wander into a mine, and you start picking away at rocks, start leveling up that tradeskill.
Then you start seeing vegetation in the world, notice you can pick it. Then you find you can chop trees down, and realize you’re carrying all of these bits and pieces to aid in tradeskilling. It all opens up as you progress.  There’s a whole other quest overhead for tradeskills, and farming, which leads you quickly into owning your own farm. So you’ll get a safe place to make your own, pull up water from a well, and water your crops.  Or if you want to just plant stuff in the wild, be ArcheAge’s version of Johnny Appleseed (or Joe Sunflower as Scott called it), you can.  Right from level 1, you could ignore the quests and story, and just go off and work on your own. Scott mentioned that Amary (Associate Producer on AA, formerly Rift) went from 33-40 JUST tradeskilling over the break.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: February 03, 2014, 05:06:07 PM

Good to hear.  I've been looking forward to seeing how this shapes up.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: February 03, 2014, 06:56:18 PM

I think they really missed the boat with this.  If it had released last year, it could have been very big because of the lack of big name MMO's that came out in 2013 (FF14:RR and...Neverwinter?).  Now, unless it's stellar, its probably going to be a case of too little too late.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: February 03, 2014, 09:32:48 PM

I have my doubts with this (and a bit with Trion) since the localization seems to be taking so long (and there doesn't seem to be any good reason from a financial point of view to delay the release). I thought they'd aim for the period between GW2 and ESO but since there's no date it's more likely to go up against Wildstar or even later.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Arche Age  
Jump to: