Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 196201 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: November 13, 2010, 02:23:56 PM

I know you played in the Big Ten.  Who did you play for?  I know you've probably put it on here before but I guess I haven't seen it.    

I'm embarrassed to say this season... I played for Minnesota.  We were better then and I got to play in a bowl game. 

Bonus points if you know your NCAA football history.  You'll understand my special hatred for Notre Dame.  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: November 13, 2010, 02:34:50 PM

Would that have anything to do with the 1977 Notre Dame national championship from the #5 ranking? (I am guessing through some wiki-pedia-fu)

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: November 13, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Would that have anything to do with the 1977 Notre Dame national championship from the #5 ranking? (I am guessing through some wiki-pedia-fu)

Take a look at Notre Dame coaches in the 80's.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #668 on: November 13, 2010, 02:38:08 PM

Ahh did not know that asshat coached the Gophers.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #669 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:20 PM

You got me.  Of course I didn't know anyone needed a special reason to hate Notre Dame   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

It must be Lou Holtz.  Again, no special reason needed to hate him, but I get it now. 

As an aside, my wife's family are huge Southern California fans, so they also hate ND and Holtz and she went to college at the other USC-  South Carolina.  It was pretty much hell when he was coaching there. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:43:15 PM by ghost »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #670 on: November 13, 2010, 02:41:14 PM

Ahh did not know that asshat coached the Gophers.

I'm still crushed that you think I'm old enough to have played in 77. 

Damnit!

-  Mark Twain
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: November 13, 2010, 02:44:29 PM

Well I didn't see anything special about Notre Dame during the two seasons I had originally figured you might have played that they went to bowl games. And the Gopher page on wikipedia doesn't really mention Holz at all in any way so I was confused.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #672 on: November 13, 2010, 02:45:55 PM

I'm sure Lou has been purged from their memory. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #673 on: November 13, 2010, 02:47:02 PM

Ohio State comeback!

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #674 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:19 PM

My brother in law is an OSU fan.  That will make them happy. 

I'm sure my Horns are going to get trounced tonight.  I had tickets to the game, but gave them away because of the new baby. 
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: November 13, 2010, 02:55:51 PM

Ohio State comeback!

Nooooo.

There is little that happens in college football that makes me happier than OSU losing in the horseshoe.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #676 on: November 13, 2010, 05:47:29 PM

Greetings from the depths of my despair.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #677 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:55 PM

Well I know quite a few watering holes to drown in over in that area as well as Chicago...considering there is nothing to actually do up there at this time of day.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #678 on: November 13, 2010, 06:38:36 PM

I was sending your team every telepathic good vibe I could muster. 
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #679 on: November 13, 2010, 07:14:02 PM

OK just to reiterate.. Wisconsin WTF!?! and I guess we can add Oregon to that WTF too...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #680 on: November 13, 2010, 07:35:52 PM

I didn't watch, listen to, check scores on, or even record a single game today.  What's wrong with me?!

I'm sorry that the Utes went down to Notre (hisssss) Dame, but I never had much hope for them after the beating they took from TCU.  That was a really big chance for them, which they ought to have had a shot at, and I imagine it will take a while to get over the way it went down.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #681 on: November 13, 2010, 07:37:08 PM

Nothing like spending a couple of grand to go watch your team lay a complete egg. Definitely cool to see a game at Notre Dame though, they really know how to do it.

I have sufficient room supplies to drown my sorrows.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #682 on: November 13, 2010, 07:45:58 PM

I hear South Bend is a really happening town  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #683 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:23 PM

Man I think if we didn't have to run Brock Mansion out there we might have knocked Oregon off.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:28 PM

So Ron Zook continues to lead the Illini into obscurity. Losing to the 2-9 Gophers at home.

WTB a real coach in Champaign, not some guy who got lucky with Steve Spurrier's leavings. What am I saying, Illinois is officially a basketball school anyway.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #685 on: November 13, 2010, 07:48:49 PM

Cal let Oregon off the hook. I no longer believe Oregon is awesome.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #686 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:49 PM

Eh even if we'd made that kick, they had FG position at the end.

The real issue is the random backup QB we are having to run out there going 10 for 28.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:27 PM

Cal let Oregon off the hook. I no longer believe Oregon is awesome.

Oregon is a team that really wears teams down over the course of a game.  Don't let late game victories fool you with Oregon.  It's what they're built to do.  

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #688 on: November 13, 2010, 07:51:03 PM

not some guy who got lucky with Steve Spurrier's leavings.

Lucky, as in fired?  

Hey, you had Jeff George.  Illinois has to at least be a little bit of a football school.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #689 on: November 13, 2010, 07:54:40 PM

Ok...but the blood is in the water now for Oregon. I think Arizona, being a solid defense ranked in the top 20 nationally, will give them issues.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: November 13, 2010, 07:58:12 PM

I hear South Bend is a really happening town  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Wouldn't really know. Drove in, drive out. Campus is nice though.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #691 on: November 13, 2010, 07:59:37 PM

I couldn't watch most of the game because UGA was tight with Auburn for a long time, but exactly what caused Utah's offense to completely fail?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #692 on: November 13, 2010, 08:05:27 PM

Our QB is playing scared and the play calling is atrocious. Plus for some odd reason the refs were particularly hard on us. I've never seen an interior D lineman called for holding on a running play. Add in a blocked punt for a TD and fumbling the second half kickoff and it is a debacle.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #693 on: November 13, 2010, 08:07:31 PM

Our QB is playing scared and the play calling is atrocious. Plus for some odd reason the refs were particularly hard on us. I've never seen an interior D lineman called for holding on a running play. Add in a blocked punt for a TD and fumbling the second half kickoff and it is a debacle.

Yeah that's a recipe for disaster. Defense holding on a lineman? Shit that's as rare as an illegal hands to the face call.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: November 13, 2010, 08:14:39 PM

It was a mountain west crew too. Maybe they are feeling jilted.

-H.L. Mencken
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: November 13, 2010, 08:17:19 PM

not some guy who got lucky with Steve Spurrier's leavings.

Lucky, as in fired?  

Hey, you had Jeff George.  Illinois has to at least be a little bit of a football school.

Lucky as in had a couple of 8 win seasons. (Which Ron Turner had done like once).

Illinois has had some pretty great players over the last decade and a half, and several times teams that were chock full of great talent. And we have had 3 coaches in a row that suck balls at doing anything with them.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #696 on: November 14, 2010, 05:51:28 AM

How's the high school football in Chicago?  By all rights, Illinois really should be able to put together a pretty good team. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #697 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:48 AM

Penn State stays close for the first half and loses by 10. Or 24, same thing
Georgia loses to Auburn by a TD that would have happened if we didn't fold in the last 10 minutes
Stanford crushes ASU by 20 4 points is not a crushing
Okie State beats up on Texas by 17 ok this is exactly what happened...I'm scared. Hold me.
MS State upsets Alabama in Bama, fans curse God. Way off. Fans praise MS State's lack of coverage.
Northwestern wins at home against Iowa Ding Ding Ding!
Utah cruises past ND by at least 20  ACK!
Missouri covers the 12.5 against K State only won by 10. Bah!
Arizona wins by at least 2 scores against USC Turns out Arizona sucks.
Florida beats the shit out of an overranked South Carolina team 30-7 Try reversing that, numbnuts.
Nevada wins by a late FG against Fresno State Turned out to be a late TD, but still!
Texas A&M eeks one out against Baylor Depends on if 12 points is your version of an eek, but I think giving up 30, it probably is

Just for recap purposes.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #698 on: November 14, 2010, 10:22:10 AM

ESPN is sure ripping on the mountain west in the wake of the Utah game.

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #699 on: November 14, 2010, 10:49:52 AM

ESPN is sure ripping on the mountain west in the wake of the Utah game.

They are scrambling to figure out a way to keep TCU out of the game. They have had their lips firmly on Boise's dick all year.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: