Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 197824 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: October 01, 2010, 10:30:46 PM

This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but Florida Atlantic has a freshman linebacker by the name of...  Yourhighness Morgan.   awesome, for real

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #316 on: October 02, 2010, 06:06:40 AM

I think Bama will roll easily if McElroy doesn't make the turnover mistakes he made at Arkansas.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #317 on: October 02, 2010, 06:33:18 AM

Missed last week on my picks, because the games were blah and I forgot. The week before I finally turned things around and went 3-0, so my total is up to 6-5 on the season so far. Let's go for 4 games, and I'm intentionally not picking Texas/OU because nobody knows how Texas will respond:

Virginia Tech @ NC State - VA Tech -3.5, VA Tech played better in their match last week against BC by shutting them out, but that was a shitty BC team. The NC State Wolfpack is 4-0 against the spread and they are a 3.5 point dog at home. I think they could win the game outright. PICK: NC State

Michigan @ Indiana - Michigan -10.5, Michigan has finally come back to playing like they did a decade ago by putting away inferior oppenents with ease. They have an incredibly gifted QB in Denard Robinson, who is just as dangerous on the run as he is through the air. At 4-0 ATS, I'm learning to the Wolverines. PICK: Michigan

Stanford @ Oregon - Oregon -6.5, Oregon has blown teams to bits, but they've done it against pattycake opponents. Stanford has blown teams to bits, but they did it against some actual competition, notably the 35-0 shutout of a UCLA who later upset a floundering Texas. Stanford's 2-0 ATS on the road against UCLA and Notre Dame, and last season they spanked Oregon 51-42 as a 5.5 point dog. I like the Cardinal. PICK: Stanford

Florida @ Alabama - Bama -9.5, Florida is completely schizophrenic against the spread this year, going LWLW up to this match. If they follow the pattern, they are due for a letdown against the Tide, but this is also the first time they have been an underdog all season. Bama's 3-1 ATS, but they dropped the ball against Arkansas and kept that game close. Frankly, this spread sucks. If it's 6.5 you go Bama all day, if it's 10.5 you go with Florida not letting them get away. In that middle done of a TD&FG being enough, but 1 TD losing, you have to make some tough calls. For me, it comes down to the kicking game, and Florida's kicker is injured and out. I'm going with the Tide. PICK: Alabama

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #318 on: October 02, 2010, 12:19:22 PM

I think Jacory Harris is becoming the next coming of Vinny Testaverde. Fuckin hell that guy gives up way too many picks.

edit: oh yeah... fuck you Les. Seriously, does any head coach clusterskullfuck end game time management as superbly as Miles? He best be in bed with Satan after getting that call. Granted, that was all on Tenn defense, but still - I am a huge LSU fan and even I think they should have lost - well did lose, at least at first. Glad my roommate calmed me down enough to watch the end of that game because it turned out to be one of those things you had to see to believe.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:12:26 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: October 02, 2010, 06:16:00 PM

Wow.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: October 02, 2010, 06:17:41 PM

Looks like my initial feelings were right on.  Total annihilation. swamp poop

most often known as Drevik
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: October 02, 2010, 06:42:35 PM

The difference between Alabama's defense in everything first half Arkansas and now is absolutely astounding.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: October 02, 2010, 08:13:37 PM

Not happy with the 2nd half, as Saban went more conservative than a grey suit from Sears in offensive approach - although UF had something to do with that with some clock eating drives and spectacular punts.  Great win.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #323 on: October 02, 2010, 08:45:33 PM

Colorado just stormed the field after beating a now 1-4 Georgia team. I want to burn something to the ground.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: October 02, 2010, 08:59:50 PM

I wanted to post another WTF, UGA, but thought better of it :smugface:

It's pretty clear Richt has lost this team.  And they don't have the horses necessary to run the 3-4.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #325 on: October 02, 2010, 09:08:19 PM

Funny thing is, we had the game won. We're on Colorado's 30, first down, 1:56 left in the game, down by 2. Our kicker can easily chip shot a win if we go 3 plays, burn some clock and get 5 yards.

And then our RB fumbled the ball. Game over.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #326 on: October 02, 2010, 10:27:48 PM

SC lost a nail biter to Washington.  Good lord Washington's receivers look like they have no hands.  If they dropped only half of those passes it is a 14 point win for W.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #327 on: October 02, 2010, 11:08:04 PM

Funny thing is, we had the game won. We're on Colorado's 30, first down, 1:56 left in the game, down by 2. Our kicker can easily chip shot a win if we go 3 plays, burn some clock and get 5 yards.

And then our RB fumbled the ball. Game over.

When I lived in the South, people tried to console me, "Well, Atlanta is the Chicago of the South!" Clearly, your Bulldogs are taking lessons from my Cubs.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: October 03, 2010, 10:45:29 AM

I came here expecting jokes about Tennessee not being able to count to 11.
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:42 AM

That whole game was fucking retarded, and you DON'T make fun of the retarded... no matter how they count, or count down.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #330 on: October 03, 2010, 06:30:24 PM

That whole game was fucking retarded, and you DON'T make fun of the retarded... no matter how they count, or count down.

Les Miles continues to make the same mistakes in new and exciting ways.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #331 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:54 PM

So.......Paelos.....what the fuck is wrong with Georgia.  You guys might lose to Kentucky yet again. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: October 03, 2010, 06:51:08 PM

I gotta say, Oregon woke my ass up this weekend. Stanford was looking like they were going to breeze through after the first quarter... But holy shit the Ducks put on a scoring clinic on a top 10 team after that.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #333 on: October 03, 2010, 07:22:54 PM

So.......Paelos.....what the fuck is wrong with Georgia.  You guys might lose to Kentucky yet again. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Where to begin? For starters what we thought was our biggest strength has turned out to be our biggest problem (the offensive line). Our coach doesn't really seem to have a handle on the team in terms of discipline either on or off the field. Our defense has been completely converted, and we don't have the right recruits in place yet to perform consistently in that scheme. We just got back our best offensive weapon, but he got cramps mid-way through the game because he's not in game shape after the suspension. Our QB is a freshman, and he makes mistakes. Our running backs will not stop fumbling the fucking ball in the most ridiculous places. We take so many stupid penalties it's laughable. We don't pressure the QB on defense ever.

We haven't lost 4 games in a row since 1990. We're also setting records for shitty which haven't been reached since the 50s. Short and dirty, Kentucky should ROFLstomp UGA in our current state.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #334 on: October 03, 2010, 07:34:35 PM

I've got a lot of good friends that are UGA fans.  I think Georgia is generally a class act in both academics and sports and it certainly hurts the SEC for them to suck.  How long til Richt gets canned?

As an aside, Mike Adams, the current president of UGA, was the president of the school I graduated from prior to coming to Georgia, Centre College.  I was in the same fraternity as his kid, David.  Several interesting stories stemmed from that......
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #335 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:50 PM

I've got a lot of good friends that are UGA fans.  I think Georgia is generally a class act in both academics and sports and it certainly hurts the SEC for them to suck.  How long til Richt gets canned?

As an aside, Mike Adams, the current president of UGA, was the president of the school I graduated from prior to coming to Georgia, Centre College.  I was in the same fraternity as his kid, David.  Several interesting stories stemmed from that......

I find it hilarious that his kid was in a fraternity, considering how much Mike hates them. I used to agree with you about being a class act on and off the field, but our kids just aren't anymore. We're just as bad as Florida in terms of fuckups and stupid arrests. Tennessee is a make or break game for me personally right now. I think we should be able to dominate a team that had to be taught to shower correctly, and can't seem to put down teams like UAB without OT, or count to 11.

However, if we lose that game (and you can bet I will be in attendence) that's officially it for me. I'll go to Florida because I have the trip scheduled, but I don't know how I can get excited about playing Idaho State, Vandy, or Georgia Tech at home after that.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #336 on: October 03, 2010, 08:21:05 PM

Mike basically shut down the fraternity scene at Centre, which is funny because those were the folks that tended to give the most money back to the school.  Mike's all about the money, so this didn't add up.  Whatever. 

I hope you guys beat Tennessee.  Anytime Tennessee loses it is a win for humanity. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #337 on: October 03, 2010, 08:25:06 PM

Mike basically shut down the fraternity scene at Centre, which is funny because those were the folks that tended to give the most money back to the school.  Mike's all about the money, so this didn't add up.  Whatever.  

He continued that trend at Georgia. He stole all the houses from the best part of campus to build more dorms, ours included. Then, he relocated all them to a "Greek Park" because he couldn't legally throw them off campus or take their land without replacing it in-kind. That way he can keep an eye on them. What he neglected to realize is that putting a bunch of frat boys in one place does nothing but make it party central, and the drug trade go through the roof.

He's a moron, and I will never give any money back to that school ever because of him. My father who was also a rather sizable donor in the past, also stopped giving anything at all. Thing is, he knows he doesn't need the donations as much anymore because people are falling all over themselves to get into the school due to the HOPE scholarship.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: October 03, 2010, 08:26:57 PM

Paelos, no matter how bad it gets....

At least you haven't had to weather a Mike "I'm bangin' my secretary!" Dubose Dennis "I'm leeeeeeeavin', oooon a jet aiiiirplane!!!' Fanchione Mike "IT'S ROLLIN', BABY!!!!!" Price Mike "With that package" Shula Rich "I'll take the job oh wait no I don't" Rodriguez Hi we're the NCAA and we're interested in making your our bitch humiliation that spanned the better part of 15 years
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:29:06 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #339 on: October 04, 2010, 07:11:12 AM

I've learned never to say it can't get any worse. It certainly can. However, if we lose to Tennessee, my tickets are going into the fire and 2010 goes into a dead zone in my sports knowledge. People will ask, what happened then? I don't know I wasn't there. But you had season tick...I WASN'T THERE, WE WERE ON VACATION FOR 4 MONTHS!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #340 on: October 04, 2010, 08:42:54 AM

Wow, I can't remember a more fun Michigan team to watch. Who needs defense with a QB like that! (famous last words)

Spartans and Wolverines both undefeated, can't wait for this one.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: October 04, 2010, 08:50:22 AM

Wow, I can't remember a more fun Michigan team to watch. Who needs defense with a QB like that! (famous last words)

I'm guessing that you're a Michigan fan.  That game was painful to watch.  The Indiana LB's were terrible in terms of containment and the level of tackling was horrible. 

Matter of taste I guess.  I prefer stronger defensive games. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: October 04, 2010, 10:27:37 AM

I mean, they'll never beat really good teams but seriously...after decades of the same "run the rock up the gut" football this is a fresh change for me.

And yes, I am a Wolverine fan.

How is a game that goes back and forth down to the last drive painful to watch? I'm guessing you're an IU fan :P You can't contain Robinson. When they try to someone is open and he finds them. That will be the case until next week, when he gets hurt from all these rushes catching up with him.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: October 04, 2010, 10:34:33 AM

I played for Minnesota so I hate them both  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Watching one player rack up 500 yds of stats doesn't tell me anything but the Indiana defense sucked.  Yes, the score fluctuated but it was more like a homerun derby than a pitching/defensive duel.  I prefer the latter.  

I think it's a taste thing.  You like shootouts.  I like a low scoring, defensive game. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 10:39:29 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #344 on: October 04, 2010, 10:39:15 AM

Can you imagine Ray Lewis getting a hit on Robinson?  ACK!

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: October 04, 2010, 12:53:38 PM

I played for Minnesota so I hate them both  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Watching one player rack up 500 yds of stats doesn't tell me anything but the Indiana defense sucked.  Yes, the score fluctuated but it was more like a homerun derby than a pitching/defensive duel.  I prefer the latter.  

I think it's a taste thing.  You like shootouts.  I like a low scoring, defensive game. 

I like them both. I would take a 35-28 game decided in the last minute over a 14-7 game, that is true. I don't much like baseball, either.

And watching one player rack up those stats week in and week out is pretty impressive. The guy has raw talent, most QB's that run like that can't throw to save their ass. It seems Rich Rod is starting to get this team firing as expected, after a couple years of recruiting the type of players he wanted. Bummer they must have forgot about defensive recruits :) It does have to be hard on Michigan's D, when the time of possession is so lopsided. Not the O's fault they keep making big plays.

Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: October 04, 2010, 01:13:27 PM

Finished watching Alabama - Florida finally.  The game was nowhere near as lopsided as the final score would suggest, it could pretty easily have been 31-24 or 31-28 without those spectacular self inflicted cockpunches by Florida on offense.  Fact remains that Florida did screw up, and Alabama made them pay for it.  Pretty impressive from 'Bama overall, very solid #1 team.

Oregon - Stanford was the other recording I had.  Andrew Luck really needs to work on his deep throws, especially with how much play action they're running.  Both offenses looked pretty good.

I work on the weekends, these blast from the past posts are probably going to keep coming.  Ohhhhh, I see.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: October 04, 2010, 02:16:57 PM

Bama completely shut it down after the pick 6 in the 3rd.  They went completely base defense with a few blitzs mixed in and nothing but run plays (and 1 pass) the rest of the game.  Had Bama kept their foot on the gas, it would have been ugly.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #348 on: October 04, 2010, 02:23:16 PM

Bama completely shut it down after the pick 6 in the 3rd.  They went completely base defense with a few blitzs mixed in and nothing but run plays (and 1 pass) the rest of the game.  Had Bama kept their foot on the gas, it would have been ugly.

That's always been my biggest criticism of Saban. He shuts the game down way too early, and one day it's going to cost him. You can't regain momentum once it's been lost if you desperately need it. Tennessee last year jumps to mind as a game that was an eyelash from fucking him over.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: October 04, 2010, 03:32:19 PM

Well, to be fair, when he does start shutting things down he starts rotating young players in to their base stuff to get invaluable game experience.  There were a bunch of names I'd never heard of making plays on D from about midway in the 3rd on.   Those youngins getting big game experience now will be huge down the road.

Plus it gives him something to bitch about in post game interviews.

But yeah, one day it will cost him.

e:  Even without winning a NC at Bama, I would still love that man just for moments like these.

"Yeah, the agents," he said. "I'm not going to comment on coaches that do things that they have been accused of doing. I don't really know anything about this. I haven't thought about it. It's not important to me. I'm worried about South Carolina. So if you want to talk about that, we'll talk about that. But I'm not really going to talk about this anymore."

John Blake is not a pimp?

"Is that South Carolina?" Saban said. "I guess I must stutter. Did I stutter? I'm not very clear on how I articulate. Maybe I need to go back to West Virginia and get some more hillbilly slang and maybe everybody can understand me a little better."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:37:47 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: