Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: 6/24-7/4: Christmas in June/July (complete pack sales and one day sale) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6/24-7/4: Christmas in June/July (complete pack sales and one day sale)  (Read 76560 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: July 06, 2010, 08:16:25 AM

Updated.

I'd suggest avoiding Metro 2033 (technically shitty, check steam forums for complaints), otherwise the sale isn't bad it's just not overwhelming imo.
You're crazy. Metro is an awesome shooter and incredibly atmospheric; kind of like STALKER meets Half-Life. It has its issues, of course (stealth is a bit spotty and there are some setpieces near the end that are kind of... "unfortunate"), but it's still a fantastic game overall.

I've also never heard of any outstanding technical issues with it, aside from a little wackiness involving DX11.

How is that crazy? I'm far from alone in my troubles with Metro 2033 and that is the worst experience I've had getting a game to run. It may have developed into the most amazing shooter in the world, but I wouldn't know since the trouble to get it to work every time was too big of a pain in the ass to deal with.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: July 06, 2010, 08:17:14 AM

Oh hey guys, do I win something?   Ohhhhh, I see.

In my defense, I've bought almost all of that through stream sales and pack sales, so I didn't pay anywhere near that amount.

You have me beat by ~$500. Though you also have about a 3 year head start on me

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #352 on: July 06, 2010, 01:05:13 PM

Cal and Teleku make me feel a lot better about mine.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #353 on: July 06, 2010, 01:19:25 PM

As if Steam wasn't a big enough piece of spyware already. Now there's the perfect tool for account hackers to determine which accounts to go after. Ohhhhh, I see.

Unless you have your account set to "private".

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #354 on: July 06, 2010, 02:06:15 PM

As if Steam wasn't a big enough piece of spyware already. Now there's the perfect tool for account hackers to determine which accounts to go after. Ohhhhh, I see.
Unless you have your account set to "private".
Is the default private or public? (I'm too lazy to look it up myself...)

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #355 on: July 06, 2010, 02:10:00 PM

I don't remember, but probably public.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #356 on: July 06, 2010, 02:28:20 PM

Where do you even change that setting? I don't see it in Account settings.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: July 06, 2010, 02:32:02 PM

Steam Community -> Home (or Profile) -> Edit my Profile (sidebar, under Actions) -> Settings -> Profile Status

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #358 on: July 06, 2010, 02:33:15 PM

I changed it to Private but of course the calculator still shows all my purchases (cached, presumably) Ohhhhh, I see.

Edit: also it was set on Friends Only which apparently means jack and shit in terms of what you can see about other people.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:35:54 PM by Trippy »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #359 on: July 06, 2010, 02:53:56 PM

You barely have anything at all on yours!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #360 on: July 06, 2010, 03:07:04 PM

You barely have anything at all on yours!

That ingmar isn't me. I was late to the Steam game so I had to settle for more Rs: http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/ingmarrrr

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: July 06, 2010, 04:11:13 PM

This was my first thought as well.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: 6/24-7/4: Christmas in June/July (complete pack sales and one day sale)  
Jump to: