Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  (Read 100707 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #420 on: December 21, 2010, 09:00:44 AM

But for now, you get to wallow in the knowledge that Jay Cutler sent you packing.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #421 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38:14 AM

We've been doing this a while.

Should we start a keeper league? Or does everyone already have one keeper league and F13 is the no pressure league?

Also, no.1 v no.2 for the consolation bowl.
WayAbvPar

Reply #422 on: December 21, 2010, 10:03:03 AM

I joined my first keeper league this year- took over a team that was winless the previous year. Made the playoffs as the number 4 seed and lost in the first round

I would welcome a keeper league if someone wants to organize it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: December 21, 2010, 10:05:39 AM

Keeper leagues suffer if not handled in a salary cap/auction format.  I'd keep that in mind. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: December 21, 2010, 10:09:09 AM

But for now, you get to wallow in the knowledge that Jay Cutler sent you packing.

I know you only try to hurt me because you love me.

Sad Panda

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #425 on: December 21, 2010, 11:19:52 AM

I don't think dropping points is the answer. If anything points should be strategically increased to spread out the weekly results a bit.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: December 21, 2010, 11:26:04 AM

I don't think dropping points is the answer. If anything points should be strategically increased to spread out the weekly results a bit.

Perhaps increasing points per yd for receivers and RB?  I'd be for that.  It would reduce the impact of K and DEF. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: December 21, 2010, 11:38:55 AM

Perhaps increasing points per yd for receivers and RB?  I'd be for that.  It would reduce the impact of K and DEF. 

What about PPR?

It would increase the value of WRs and RBs.  However, it does make a few players extremely valuable.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: December 22, 2010, 08:06:25 AM

Which one of you is "What Would Palin Do" in the JV league?  Cuz you're going MOTHERFUCKING DOWN this week.*

*Unless you win, in which case I will go back in time to edit this post, claiming how I knew all along how I was going to be having an off week at the most inopportune of moments.

There you go, I've edited your time stamp so this is now valid for the championship game.

Looking at the matchups, I do believe I'm fucked more than I normally would have been. At least I have Collie back...oh wait, nevermind Ohhhhh, I see.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #429 on: December 22, 2010, 08:25:35 AM

Keeper leagues suffer if not handled in a salary cap/auction format.  I'd keep that in mind. 

I have never played in or managed a keeper league. Worth looking into. Not sure I would want 14 teams, though. More likely that someone drops out year to year.

I have never played WoW.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: December 26, 2010, 10:01:09 AM

MJD and Austin Collie are out so I'm resorting to placing joe Webb in a flex spot...yeah here's an early congrats to Cyrrex in the JV league Ohhhhh, I see.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #431 on: December 26, 2010, 12:28:12 PM

Gah, Cutler tear up the Jets.  I did not see this coming.  I hope I don't need the 20 points he has over Garrard at this point.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: December 27, 2010, 05:35:35 AM

MJD and Austin Collie are out so I'm resorting to placing joe Webb in a flex spot...yeah here's an early congrats to Cyrrex in the JV league Ohhhhh, I see.

.....and then absolutely everyone on your team decides to play out of their minds this week, and everyone on my team takes the week off.  Unbelievable.  Great that I'm going to have my worst game of the year in the damned Final.

Though I suppose it's still possible that Percy Harvin and Roddy White will put up 60 points or so. Ohhhhh, I see.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: December 27, 2010, 03:20:37 PM

Holy shit, Josh Freeman rained 42.15 points of hellfire on me in the third-place game.  And Chargers D putting up negative 1 agianst the Bengals?  I'm gonna get rolled by the Drunks, whose 2 running backs totalled 4.3 points.  Unless LeSean uses that extra day of rest to bust out a 300 yard game.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #434 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:34 PM

Welp, it's all down to Drew Brees for me. And Colston but really, it's all about Brees. I need 30 points combined from the two of them against Atlanta or I'm hosed in the final. Needless to say, with the Saints on the road, I'm going to be living and dying in front of the TV tonight.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: December 27, 2010, 06:29:01 PM

Holy shit, Josh Freeman rained 42.15 points of hellfire on me in the third-place game.  And Chargers D putting up negative 1 agianst the Bengals?  I'm gonna get rolled by the Drunks, whose 2 running backs totalled 4.3 points.  Unless LeSean uses that extra day of rest to bust out a 300 yard game.

Thank you Freeman, never got a chance to change my lineup and replace MJD. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #436 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:06 PM

Well shit. 11 points. Had I gone with KC's defense over Jacksonville's and Mike Thomas over Brandon Jacobs, I'd have won. Fucking Giants.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:38 AM

.....and then absolutely everyone on your team decides to play out of their minds this week, and everyone on my team takes the week off.  Unbelievable.  Great that I'm going to have my worst game of the year in the damned Final.

Though I suppose it's still possible that Percy Harvin and Roddy White will put up 60 points or so. Ohhhhh, I see.

I honestly thought White would have a chance to put up 25-30 because that is normally how shitty my luck is. For him to only put up 12 though makes me happy. It's one of those times that I look at your bench and am happy that the match ups didn't pan out as they normally do. Especially since you had a shitload of great match ups (players on teams fighting for playoff spots playing against teams with weak defenses in the areas you needed them to be weak).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: December 29, 2010, 08:37:42 AM

Congrats to Rasix on the Super Bowl victory!  Don't go first to last like I did next season! 

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: December 29, 2010, 12:47:23 PM

I honestly thought White would have a chance to put up 25-30 because that is normally how shitty my luck is. For him to only put up 12 though makes me happy. It's one of those times that I look at your bench and am happy that the match ups didn't pan out as they normally do. Especially since you had a shitload of great match ups (players on teams fighting for playoff spots playing against teams with weak defenses in the areas you needed them to be weak).

Yeah, I can't complain about the matchups, because they were good ones (on paper).  Oh well, that's how it goes.  Congrats on your victory.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:32 AM

Gotta watch those settings next time, picks all the way to the Superbowl make for a long season.

Some endured all the way to the bitter end though and we FINALLY HAVE A WINNER

With 167 points, Team Whippy wins!

1    Team Whippy    167    167-100
2    Kilt Wavers    161    161-106
3    Nebu's Neurotics    159    159-108
4    jwiv's Ratbirds    156    156-111
5    Graviton Otters    156    156-111
6    Endzone Lurkers    140    140-127
7    traceracer    135    135-132
8    Hat's Fail Picks    107    107-160
9    Jimmy The Greek Lives    75    75-192
10    Abagadro    52    52-215
11    Jenna's Hail Mary    52    52-215
12    What? Huh? Who me?    51    51-216
13    DrunksOnTurf    17    17-250
14    Rub and a Tug    7    7-260
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: February 07, 2011, 06:58:53 AM

I'd like to, first and foremost, thank myself for making so many correct picks.  Secondly, I'd like to send an extra thanks to both Haemish and Nebu, for being slightly less competitive than they were last year.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: February 07, 2011, 07:59:55 AM

I'd like to, first and foremost, thank myself for making so many correct picks.  Secondly, I'd like to send an extra thanks to both Haemish and Nebu, for being slightly less competitive than they were last year.

You had a great year during a period where the NFL was all over the place.  I bow to your superior ability to adjust.  

Congrats!

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010/2011 F13 Fantasy Football is a go!  
Jump to: