Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 555154 times)
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:15 PM

I am somewhat torn in discussing this stuff because I've read the comics and don't want to spoil stuff that hasn't happened yet NDA

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 04:47:18 PM

I am somewhat torn in discussing this stuff because I've read the comics and don't want to spoil stuff that hasn't happened yet NDA

Jerk.

Liked the show and I haven't read the comics.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 04:50:06 PM

Is this available online anywhere?  (Legally, I mean -- obviously there are always torrents.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 04:59:52 PM

Is this available online anywhere?  (Legally, I mean -- obviously there are always torrents.)

If I recall I do believe AMC is jumping on the online bandwagon.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

I don't see it uploaded; I imagine they will wait at least 3-4 days before hosting it.  Seriously - it is a great show so far.  Like... I am going to regret this... Firefly good.

So far.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 05:01:38 PM

Thanks!  Be nice if they could have jumped on one of the existing bandwagons like Hulu or Netflix that will conveniently stream to my PS3.  tongue

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 08:18:03 PM

Loved it.  Did not read the comic and won't look at the spoilers about what is going to happen.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:00 PM

In case NoWhereMan's  spoiler is putting people off the possible future of the show, it's semi-in joke for those who follow the comics. Basically the writer got the greenlight in the first place for doing the comic by pitching it as "There are zombies, but aliens did it" because trying to pitch YET ANOTHER zombie comic/book/movie didn't seem like the best idea to him to get a go ahead and backing to do what he wanted. So he pitched it that way, then just did his own thing and got away with it because the story was so damn good and getting rave reviews.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 11:33:43 PM

Well I was interested until Vaiti said the A word; fucking really?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 11:49:55 PM

There are no aliens. I was referring to NowhereMan's spoiler in the post at the top of this page.

The spoiler isn't a spoiler. Or at least in 77 issues those aliens have yet to manifest themselves.

I only brought it up really because I thought the pitch that Robert Kirkman used to get his idea published was brilliant.
"Zombies too boring eh? Well then, how about zombies with ALIENS  why so serious?"

Found the IGN interview where he talks about it to make things clearer. http://comics.ign.com/articles/819/819361p1.html

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 01:10:56 AM

There are no aliens. I was referring to NowhereMan's spoiler in the post at the top of this page.

The spoiler isn't a spoiler. Or at least in 77 issues those aliens have yet to manifest themselves.

Well, there was that fake bit they did at the end of #75.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 07:59:28 AM

Oh, ok. You really scared me there; so many movies have gone from mediocre to awful with the sudden introduction of aliens as a plot device.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 08:00:11 AM

Never read the comic. Liked the show. Will watch again.

Same here.

Edit:
I'd like to call for this thread to be spoiler free from anything with the comics.  I already made the mistake in another forum reading a spoiler that talked about something that happens in the comics that we haven't seen yet on TV.

I think that's fair.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:04:32 AM by Draegan »
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 09:12:12 AM

I've never read the comics either, but this is my premonition

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 09:29:08 AM

I'd like to call for this thread to be spoiler free from anything with the comics.  I already made the mistake in another forum reading a spoiler that talked about something that happens in the comics that we haven't seen yet on TV.

I think that's fair.

Yes plz.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 11:07:32 AM

I've never read the comics either, but this is my premonition

Carl is the son's name.  Right?
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:51 AM

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 11:50:03 AM

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 12:04:05 PM

I liked it. It looks like they are depending on the high standard of acting and dialogue to carry the show, rather than lots of action or zombie moments. That’s great and they achieved it in the pilot, but they need to keep up the quality or it will start to become very talky.

I like the way the zombies are just a tiny bit smarter than the average zombie. It makes them creepier.

Going back to the World War Z stuff (from months ago I know), they are very different stories even if they both involve zombies. World War Z is about how the world changes and copes with a zombie outbreak while The Walking Dead is basically a soap opera with zombies in it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 12:14:37 PM

Changes ?  Yeah, partly that;  but for me World War Z was more about how unprepared our world is for disaster and how we are just now actually speeds up the apocalypse.

But hey, maybe I'm projecting.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 12:25:55 PM

Well, there was that fake bit they did at the end of #75.

That's exactly what I was thinking of. For anyone interested (this will not be a spoiler for the show in any way probably)

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:24 AM

My fiancee thinks I love anything with a zombie in it, but in reality I like very few zombie movies. The best by far is the original Night of the Living Dead (followed by the remake), and I think this series really seems to capture what made it great. It's not about zombies. It's about how people react to such a horrific event. If your movie is about fast zombie action, it can be a fun movie but totally miss the point. 28 Days Later is the exception to this, because they melded the action and human drama well.

For lighter zombie movies, Return of the Living Dead and Shaun of the Dead. I think that's about it, most zombie moves are awful.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 08:37:51 AM

So far, episode one has pulled out all the standard (but effective) zombie gags. I hope two will start getting creative.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 03, 2010, 09:01:50 AM

Is there a place to view this online yet?  Couldn't seem to find it on AMC's site.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #58 on: November 03, 2010, 03:12:35 PM

Is there a place to view this online yet?  Couldn't seem to find it on AMC's site.

No.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #59 on: November 04, 2010, 08:51:03 AM

Download from USENET. Several versions are available.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:25 AM

They just posted the first episode, but seem to be indicating the rest won't be online.

I thought it was fantastic.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 12:52:29 PM

What is a USENET?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:00 PM

It's like SKYNET, but with less more murderous robots.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 05:46:28 PM

What is a USENET?

Newsgroups. Back in the old days we used newsgroups and downloaded "binaries".

Not sure why anyone would do that today when they could torrent it instead, not that I'm suggesting a torrent, no sir.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 09:21:36 PM

Newsgroups. Back in the old days we used newsgroups and downloaded "binaries".

Not sure why anyone would do that today when they could torrent it instead, not that I'm suggesting a torrent, no sir.

Because torrents suck giant bags of dick in comparison. There's not a single advantage that torrents offer, and a considerable number of drawbacks. My USENET provider has a two year retention and I regularly download 20-30 gigs in a day. There is nothing being offered via torrent that is not uploaded to USENET at the same time, and once it is it's there for a couple years. Also I've yet to find a torrent client that wasn't a giant bag of ass that required a ton of fiddling to get decent speed and still somehow managed to be a resource hog. Torrents are fine if you don't mind leaving the client running constantly while it shits up your performance with the understanding that it'll finish when it finishes, but I like the fact that when I want something I can have it in it's entirety within a half hour regardless of what it is, and with no performance hit.

Torrent isn't better in any sense, it's just newer and "cool".

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:23:19 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:54 PM

Why must USENET be capitalized? 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 05, 2010, 01:47:35 AM

cause they hoped USENIX would take it over?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USENIX

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 05, 2010, 05:26:05 AM

It was a joke.

But i like the skynet explanation better than the real thing. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 05, 2010, 04:13:13 PM

Solid start.  More please.

I also liked the utter lack of Adverts throughout.  I can only hope that's going to continue (though I'm sure it's not).

Why is it people are dumbasses when confronted with Zombies ?  Seriously, watch a fucking film or two.  Read a book.  Then don't charge into a fucking million of them with a handgun.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #69 on: November 05, 2010, 04:37:02 PM

Solid start.  More please.

I also liked the utter lack of Adverts throughout.  I can only hope that's going to continue (though I'm sure it's not).

Why is it people are dumbasses when confronted with Zombies ?  Seriously, watch a fucking film or two.  Read a book.  Then don't charge into a fucking million of them with a handgun.

It wouldn't be fun that way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: