Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 568632 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #910 on: March 28, 2013, 10:51:02 AM

Probably not that easy to walk away from a safe place and into total chaos where everybody is most likely out to kill you. While stuff like the fighting pit might shock and revolt people at the start most will just get used to it as the new normal relatively quickly and some will actually like it. Humans aren't really that nice and civilized once the soft layer of civilization is peeled off.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: March 28, 2013, 10:59:38 AM

I have a bad feeling that Andrea is going to survie the finale and be rescued to be retarded for another season.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #912 on: March 28, 2013, 11:07:20 AM

Of course she will. It's not like she's black or anything.  why so serious?

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #913 on: March 28, 2013, 01:10:53 PM

I'm wish Haemish on this one. Maybe i could have bought all those excuses before the zombie fighting pit. Not anymore afterwards. There is no excuse for watching people fighting Zombies and each other to the death. Everybody who didn't walk out of that in disgust deserves to be stuck in a town overrun with Zombies.

They're scared. Fear makes people put up with shit that is just wrong. You can morally judge them all you like, but they're trying not to die under a dictator, with a zombie invasion outside.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #914 on: March 28, 2013, 01:13:21 PM

So the Zombie fighting pits were mandatory? Because if they weren't, staying at home would have been an option.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #915 on: March 28, 2013, 02:54:00 PM

Meh, Andrea's on the Quest for Dick.  Dale was too old, Shane fit the bill but Rick killed him.  Michonne didn't have one.  So when she found a hot meal, soft bed and a hard dick, she was golden.

It was only after OVERWHELMING evidence that the Gov was crazyballs that she fled to the prison, where coincidentally she learned that Rick was a single dad, proof he had a working dick.

It's the only way I can explain her stupidity.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #916 on: March 28, 2013, 03:13:50 PM

I loved the last episode, especially Darryl cracking up when confronted by zombie-Merle - it matched his character during the final of the Sophia arc. He has to be the character with the greatest depth - Glenn was getting there, now he's a joke - Seriously? Propose with a ring that you broke off the fingers of an almost dead woman? Reminds me of when I stopped off at the local cemetery for flowers when I was on a date.

Anyway, what I would have liked to see:

Merle not dying - his character could have gone even deeper, either turned to a governor style character later on, or even given a chance for living.
If he had to die - fuck, do it so that it really smashes Darryl - make him about to turn or even, new form of zombie with last vestiges of humanity in it - recognition of his brother who then has to kill him anyway.

I'm actualy pissed that they killed off Merle and not Andrea - Andrea as the governor's zombie plaything would be infinitely more interesting than Andrea alive.

But here is where I have a problem with the whole S2 and S3 - it is damn near impossible to become emotionally interested in 2D characters. Miconne and Merle should have been fleshed out a lot more - hell, you could have done a whole episode on them going up against the governor with a similar ending in which Michonne escapes - just

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: March 29, 2013, 07:38:33 PM

So I just started watching this show the last few episodes. I found the Cylon comment funny, because my brother had just commented that I liked the show because it was like BG, in the sense that like the metal cylons the zombies are almost incidental to the story (I happen to agree that TWD is like BG, but only in the worst possible way: there's a magic virus in both and sometimes contrived drama  Beating a Dead Horse)

I'm watching the marathon as well, to get caught up. On one hand it's kind of depressing since I know what the future holds for them, but on the other hand it heightens my interest in the new ep coming up.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #918 on: March 31, 2013, 07:07:27 PM

That was a weak ending for the season I think.  I was really hoping they would move on more.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #919 on: March 31, 2013, 09:17:24 PM

I thought it was pretty good. Given the way things played out, it makes no sense for them to move on. Or did you mean move along story progression? I just don't want a certain somebody popping up later as a plot crutch later on .

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: April 01, 2013, 07:01:48 AM

He is obviously going to do just that.

I am the .00000001428%
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: April 01, 2013, 07:13:01 AM

Ok, I take back my comment that this has been the weakest season. The last two shows were good, I thought.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #922 on: April 01, 2013, 07:27:26 AM

I think you'd be very, very surprised what opportunity and power will do to a normal person.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: April 01, 2013, 07:37:22 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #924 on: April 01, 2013, 07:41:28 AM

I think you'd be very, very surprised what opportunity and power will do to a normal person.

I agree but I find it interesting that you don't think people would tolerate zombie fights in order to have hot meals.  I'd probably treat it like I do Honey BooBoo and the Kardashians.  But not Killer Karaoke, that show is hilarious.  I already consider the price of my great broadband to be reality television, so I might just already be in that mindset.

If there was any serious barrier to tolerating zombie fights in your backyard, it would be the fact that most people remember real society and perhaps are mostly nonviolent.  UFC might disagree, and there are enough people in Georgia with that mindset to fill out Woodbury.

I happen to think that Phillip was somewhat off when he appeared on the show, but he could have been a normal guy before his family was killed.  Now he just needs a black top hat and thin mustache.

My favorite parts of the ending were the ones I didn't anticipate.  The forced conflict is a bit too transparent for me, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #925 on: April 01, 2013, 07:42:05 AM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: April 01, 2013, 07:46:20 AM

I agree but I find it interesting that you don't think people would tolerate zombie fights in order to have hot meals.

Um ?  I didn't say that.  I'm quite sure not only would they tolerate it, they'd take to it enormously.  I'd be silly to ignore bread and circuses and try to argue that just because we're more civilized now, we wouldn't do it.  Christ, this is me you're talking to.  I think people are nasty scum, without exception.  I can see them eating each other for the chance at a hot shower and a good meal.

I was saying that I personally wouldn't stay in Woodborough.  The crazy is utterly clear to me and, frankly, were the world to end tomorrow, I certainly wouldn't be keen at all to going back to the way things are now.  Andrea, I would not be.

Edit :  Yeah, I've reread and I see where we went wrong.  It's the post in the middle that talks about most people.  I wasn't replying to that.   why so serious?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:48:10 AM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: April 01, 2013, 07:48:45 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #928 on: April 01, 2013, 07:52:24 AM

Edit :  Yeah, I've reread and I see where we went wrong.

Hooray for terseness!  I'll do better next time.  Still mad at Herschel.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #929 on: April 01, 2013, 07:54:52 AM

The Governor on the TV show had a lot of opportunity to be a deep, nuanced character that slowly descended into madness. Unfortunately, that kind of subtlety is beyond the writers so we got stupid WWAAAARGGLGLGLBLBLBBLL crazy instead.

Here's what I don't get:

I'll likely give this show 2 or 3 episodes more to get the stupid out next season and then I'm fucking done. The Governor showing back up would be a real fucking damper.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: April 01, 2013, 08:01:07 AM

The Governor on the TV show had a lot of opportunity to be a deep, nuanced character that slowly descended into madness. Unfortunately, that kind of subtlety is beyond the writers so we got stupid WWAAAARGGLGLGLBLBLBBLL crazy instead.

Here's what I don't get:

I'll likely give this show 2 or 3 episodes more to get the stupid out next season and then I'm fucking done. The Governor showing back up would be a real fucking damper.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #931 on: April 01, 2013, 08:13:12 AM

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: April 01, 2013, 08:27:04 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #933 on: April 01, 2013, 09:26:19 AM

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #934 on: April 01, 2013, 09:50:41 AM

It was better even in the weak moments than Season 2, but the liberal passing of the Idiot Ball was awfully overdone.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #935 on: April 01, 2013, 09:54:24 AM

Or it seen as further misogyny from the writers, female character repeating acts random and stupid and slutty until she is deeply unpopular then she will be punished and killed for a "gets what she deserves" catharsis.
Called it.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #936 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:20 PM

It was better even in the weak moments than Season 2, but the liberal passing of the Idiot Ball was awfully overdone.

This. The show has been littered with plot contrivances with no thought and spinning wheels in place because they have 13 episodes but only 9 episodes worth of plot.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: April 01, 2013, 12:54:36 PM

As for the rest, there's just so much that doesn't make any sense but I'm not going to get into it.  I just didn't think it was a very strong ending.  I do have to wonder why Rick decides all of a sudden to take in all these new people when he not long ago threw out Tyreese & friends and left that one poor hiker begging for help to get eaten by walkers.

Over and out.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #938 on: April 01, 2013, 01:04:46 PM

--Signature Unclear
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #939 on: April 01, 2013, 01:32:29 PM

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #940 on: April 01, 2013, 02:07:43 PM

In fairness, they were pushing Mad Men so much because it starts up again on Sunday.

Over and out.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #941 on: April 01, 2013, 03:43:11 PM

I enjoyed the finale.  Last two episodes were really good and got me excited again for when it returns.  Consider me quite satisfied with the ending.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #942 on: April 01, 2013, 06:45:05 PM

I do have to wonder why Rick decides all of a sudden to take in all these new people when he not long ago threw out Tyreese & friends and left that one poor hiker begging for help to get eaten by walkers.

For the same reason he made the speech at the end of the previous episode. Strength in numbers.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #943 on: April 01, 2013, 07:24:23 PM

There is no strength in adding a bunch of children and old people.  He obviously did it because he saw what is happening to Carl.

I am the .00000001428%
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #944 on: April 01, 2013, 07:33:34 PM

If it had been for strength in numbers, they would've picked up that hiker.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: