Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:05:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World  (Read 59265 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #210 on: December 28, 2010, 05:20:23 PM

I was shocked by how much I liked the music in this movie.  I'm pretty sure that in an objective sense it's crap, but there's something I really dig about that rough garage band sound.

You have Beck to thank for that.  awesome, for real

Yeah, I've been thinking I need to pick up a CD and see if I like the rest of his work.

Head scratch  You've never heard Beck before?  The song "Loser"  "Where It's At" or "Devil's Haircut"?  Never seen the episode of Futurama that had him in it?  Am I just watching the joke fly over my head?  

Ah, I have heard at least a couple of those, but didn't bother to know who did them because I don't think they're that great.  That saves me some trouble, then.  Thanks!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #211 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:03 AM

Those songs are all from his first two albums in the mid-90s. His later stuff is more mature. I think Guero is a good album. Just listen to his Pandora station or something.

Edit for typo.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:46:19 AM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: December 29, 2010, 11:03:53 AM

Greed Corp looks pretty rad. I think that's definitely one to pick up today.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #213 on: December 29, 2010, 11:04:56 AM

Greed Corp looks pretty rad. I think that's definitely one to pick up today.

Facepalm

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #214 on: December 29, 2010, 11:54:40 AM

I watched Pilgrim not really knowing what I was getting. I enjoyed it.  Still, there was no way this movie was going to make money with a $60MM budget.  It is too esoteric.

I have never played WoW.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #215 on: December 29, 2010, 12:13:26 PM

I was shocked by how much I liked the music in this movie.  I'm pretty sure that in an objective sense it's crap, but there's something I really dig about that rough garage band sound.

The Metric song was still the best thing on the soundtrack though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #216 on: December 29, 2010, 02:25:03 PM

The Metric song was still the best thing on the soundtrack though.

Agreed.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #217 on: December 29, 2010, 04:31:00 PM

Funny.. when I heard them before Muse I decided they sucked. Maybe they just do a terrible live show.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #218 on: December 29, 2010, 04:34:33 PM

No, they do pretty decent live shows. They just shouldn't open for Muse. Their core sound is way too different.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: December 29, 2010, 07:47:32 PM

So it's ok for him to date... never mind.

No, it wasn't ok.

Ellen Wong is still hot though.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World  
Jump to: