Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: "Payment Fraud" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Payment Fraud"  (Read 9250 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

on: May 01, 2010, 05:37:33 AM

I'm guessing PlayNC just got hacked or has WARhammer like issues.  I logged into my master PlayNC account last week to download the Guild Wars client for the 5th anniversary stuff.  I had a small issue with remembering my character names, so I emailed support.  I got an answer back a few days later, but then when I went to log in it says I can't because of 'payment fraud'.  On a free game....  That I haven't played in over a year...

So then I find my master PlayNC account "has been permanently blocked" from me logging in.  No access to any of the games on that account. 

Run a spybot/avg/superantispyware scan and it comes up dry.  So I start searching online and find that there's a LOT of hits of people losing their accounts over the past few days for "payment fraud". 

Sadly, support on this has been non-responsive.  It's been 48 hours now and I have no word from them of what is going on.  Anyone hear of anything?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:44:55 PM

There was talk of this in the Aion thread, I think it was.  I don't know the details nor the truth of it.  My account has so far not been affected, thankfully.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:09 AM

I logged in for the first time in ages and all my passwords were changed. I've no idea if this is related or not since it happened a week and a half ago. My GW toons were cleared out of cash with a couple more expensive pieces of armor gone. ANet has no mechanism in place to replace your shit which is database management from 1996.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:48 AM

Hm.. I guess that explains why they haven't gotten back to me on my "I don't know my damn character's names..." ticket.   Damnit, I should have just gone on to make a new account instead of upgrading my old one.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:04:43 PM

Gosh, if my account was hacked and I can't log into Aion that would be a travesty.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 02:27:03 PM

They block your master account and all the associated accounts. Two hours on hold and a half hour of "discussion" to get it unlocked.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 06:55:15 AM

Bleh, they finally got back to me on my character and I managed to get a Steam version with Trilogy installed so I could check it out after the talk in the GW2 thread.   Now they've gone and locked my master account as well. 

If this plays out so that I've got no recourse and just blew cash on this key they can stuff me buying GW2 up their ass.  This is the new problem for all online games, time to take at least the authenticator step, guys.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: "Payment Fraud"  
Jump to: