Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Spellforce series for sale this weekend - $7.50 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spellforce series for sale this weekend - $7.50  (Read 2785 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: February 26, 2010, 02:30:56 PM

So WTF is Spellforce, and do I want it?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:00:46 PM

The box art always made me want to get it.  Flipping the box over always made me put it back.

Oddly, I could never remember anything about it between trips to the store.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:39 PM

So WTF is Spellforce, and do I want it?
I have this exact same question.  But I'm a sucker for buying anything thats 75% off  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:41:51 PM

I played SpellForce 2 a while back and it's a pretty good RPG/RTS hybrid.  It's not much of a looker these days and the story is pretty laughable, but I remember having a pretty good time with it.

SpellForce 1 I have no idea about, the reviews I read were middling, but at ~$4 I picked it up just to complete the set.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:42 PM

I plunked down ~12 bucks for all things Spellforce. It's sort of WC3 with a bit more RPG to it. I'm working through the tutorial. It's rather neat being able to zoom down into 3rd person and run around through the settlement as it's being built. I suck at RTS but for 12 bucks, this will keep me entertained for quite some time. Beware of the voice acting though. It's reeeeeally bad.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:08:27 PM

Fuck.. I knew I should have waited on it.   It was a pretty fun little game the few hours I played, but the story was godawful generic/ predictable.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Spellforce series for sale this weekend - $7.50  
Jump to: