Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Nordenwatch online! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nordenwatch online!  (Read 33278 times)
ghost
The Dentist

on: February 23, 2010, 08:13:42 AM

Sweet, now you can run Nordenwatch all the way to level 40 why so serious?

Nordenwatch Rocks

"With fewer Scenarios to work with, we can focus more on making them interchangeable as far as time/effort spent and value gained, thus providing more actual variety."

Translation-  we don't have the personnel to keep up with them all.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:54:46 AM

I still have serious doubts because the problem is scenarios do not pop fast enough, especially during off hours.  So if you play during the day, what do you do with your time since scenarios wont be one of the options?  They need cross server scenarios if they want to increase the frequency
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 10:10:47 AM

So they kept Mourkain Temple and Tor Anroc? Wow, talk about shitty choices.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:11:58 AM

Pretty sure I'd prefer Nordenwatch Online.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 10:27:51 AM

Is Warhammer Online the anti-game? Generally, and especially in the case of MMO's, subsequent patches tend to add content; Warhammer Online has successfully removed significant portions of content with each iterative patch.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 11:02:22 AM

Nordenwatch was pretty fun as a scenario.  Too bad the rest of the game that they surrounded it with was shit.  I bet they did Nordenwatch first and then ran out of ideas.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:38:46 PM

Is Warhammer Online the anti-game? Generally, and especially in the case of MMO's, subsequent patches tend to add content; Warhammer Online has successfully removed significant portions of content with each iterative patch.

My friend made me DL the unlimited free trial the other day, and playing through the noobie areas was a shock, they have removed like 70% of the lowbie quests. Ones that worked fine.

/boggle

What the fuck is going on over there?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 12:42:51 PM

Didn't they get rid of 2/3 of the zones in the lower tiers?  I'm going to download this for my Mac and see how it works just to check out the failure.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 01:26:21 PM

I could happily play Nordenwatch and Mourkaine temple all the way to 40.  I may have to give this game another try.  I actually enjoyed playing my shaman. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 01:43:30 PM

I could happily play Nordenwatch and Mourkaine temple all the way to 40.  I may have to give this game another try.  I actually enjoyed playing my shaman.  
I was thinking the same thing and am redownloading now.

Edit: Also, I just want to say: Someone flipped a switch and increased XP and Renown and made Nordenwatch 1-40. I thought that wasn't possible.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:45:56 PM by schild »
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:17 PM

I could happily play Nordenwatch and Mourkaine temple all the way to 40.

I'm not quite willing to do this just yet.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 05:18:51 PM

Tor Anroc was the best... and it only sucked if you had no knockback!

Of course they've done a bunch of tweaks to immunities and knockbacks since I quit.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 06:02:02 PM

Didn't they get rid of 2/3 of the zones in the lower tiers?  I'm going to download this for my Mac and see how it works just to check out the failure.
Only for the free trial users. However everyone now starts in the empire pairing. Its better for new players as they don't immediately find themselves cold and alone in the world, they have to wait for Tier 3 for that  why so serious?! However with land of the dead pretty much everyone just skips tier 3 anyway.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 03:05:43 AM

Only for the free trial users. However everyone now starts in the empire pairing. Its better for new players as they don't immediately find themselves cold and alone in the world, they have to wait for Tier 3 for that  why so serious?! However with land of the dead pretty much everyone just skips tier 3 anyway.

And yet the Greenskin/Dwarf starting area was sooooo much better overall, in terms of quests and layout and scenery. meh.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 11:57:26 AM

Tor Anroc was the best... and it only sucked if you had no knockback!

You are what's wrong with humanity.  why so serious?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 01:23:35 PM

For a Swordmaster it was a sweet, sweet map.  Really coming into your own as a tank, CC wasn't too bad yet, and area knockback if people were being annoying.

I had some epic battles there being the dudette killing the dude with the thing to take the thing.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 01:28:46 PM

I had some epic battles there being the dudette killing the dude with the thing to take the thing.

I read comments like this and it makes me sad. WAR is a textbook case of squandered potential.  I had some of my favorite mmo moments playing this game in late beta/early release but they were overshadowed by the crap you had to endure during the later game.  I expected shitty pve, so I'm not even going there.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 02:49:55 PM

I've noticed Paul's been very quiet lately.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 03:29:02 PM

I just assume he's dead.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 07:40:22 PM

I just assume he's dead.

That presupposes he was ever alive, as opposed to being a silver-haired banshee that sucks pure joy disguised by a glamour. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 11:20:03 PM

He's busy with SWOR.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 08:34:16 AM

You really know how to kill hope, you know what.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:44 AM

Barnett really can't do much damage there. There's already 9 million chefs in that kitchen.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 11:54:59 AM

Barnett really can't do much damage there. There's already 9 million chefs in that kitchen.

Even so, its always scary when they invite the chef who specializes in making shit sandwiches to cook at your lunch buffet.
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 12:12:12 PM

Even so, its always scary when they invite the chef who specializes in making shit sandwiches to cook at your lunch buffet.
Barnett isn't a chef, he's not even real marketing. Here's a giant douchey belt buckle that happens to be sentient.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 12:19:33 PM

is he still at EA?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 12:30:54 PM

For a Swordmaster it was a sweet, sweet map.  Really coming into your own as a tank, CC wasn't too bad yet, and area knockback if people were being annoying.

This.  My sword master had an AE knockback, at one point they made the range of it and the distance you got thrown ridiculously large.  Tor anroc was pure fucking joy, specially since i was defensive specced, i would just wade into large crowds and fuck up their day.  I'm sure i was responsible for large amounts of destro rage quits.  Sorry?

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 01:56:12 PM

I never used it to push people into the lava unless they tried to knock me there first, because it was annoying.  If they tried though, there was nothing so sweet as showing them how to do it properly.  PUNT!

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 02:49:15 PM

I read comments like this and it makes me sad. WAR is a textbook case of squandered potential.  I had some of my favorite mmo moments playing this game in late beta/early release but they were overshadowed by the crap you had to endure during the later game.  I expected shitty pve, so I'm not even going there.   

Yeah, this. I think one of the reasons this game had such a strong backlash was because it was so close to truly being something great. Tier 1 was totally awesome. And screw nordenwatch, Gates of Ekrund were better. That was just a totally awesome map. It had the concentration point in the middle, the overhangs, and back door's to each team's side. I remember playing that map the first day I logged in and thinking 'wow, this is actually great'.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 02:50:49 PM

I downloaded the mac client.  Good god it's a buggy piece of shit.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 02:58:09 PM

Yeah I liked Ekrund a lot better than Nordenwatch or... whatever that elf one was.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 04:55:27 PM

The Isle of Blight?

Hic sunt dracones.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 05:43:58 PM

Phoenix Gate?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 06:04:59 PM

Khaine's Embrace, I had to look it up.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 06:23:17 PM

I think Tier 2 was pretty good, too. It was Tier 3 that shot you in the face with acid buckshot and then pissed on the wounds. But we've gone over this so much... the conclusion is exactly what was said: it was so close to being the fucking bee's knees. If it were just awful then it's just another game.

I'm always tempted. Always. I just know that they won't get it together. And I'm still not contributing to Barnett's salary; I said it eight months ago and it still stands. When and if he ever gets shunted off to somewhere not Mythic full-time I'll give it another whirl.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Nordenwatch online!  
Jump to: