Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Vancouver Winter Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vancouver Winter Games  (Read 52569 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: February 26, 2010, 12:55:50 PM

6-0 now with 7 minutes left in the first.
This isn't even fair.

wtf i turned my head and they scored 2 goals in 15sec to make it 5-0 and now it's 6?!  God I hope canada gets into the finals, both teams seem out for blood now.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 26, 2010, 12:56:04 PM

It's friday night here, the bars are packed with people drinking and watching the game. I hope there's not too much damage to the surroundings tonight  ACK!

I think I'll go to bed.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #142 on: February 26, 2010, 01:10:13 PM

If its a US/Canada final the networks are going to collectively orgasm.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #143 on: February 26, 2010, 02:35:54 PM

Man I gotta say I am hugely impressed with Team USA. Not hockey (although they've rocked) but just in general. The expected superstars (Shaun White, Vonn) have certainly shown up but it's the mid ranked US athletes that are blowing my mind. You guys play to win and it's really impressive.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #144 on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:43 PM

Wow. Canada got very, very lucky there that Demitra missed the open net.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: February 26, 2010, 08:55:02 PM

What the fuck Canada, what the fuck.

Hockey games are 60 minutes, not 40, not 50, not 55. SIXTY.

Jesus Christ.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 27, 2010, 08:24:12 AM

Well, the fans probably shouldn't have started chanting "WE WANT USA!" five minutes into the third.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #147 on: February 27, 2010, 09:59:38 AM

Just scored a Team Canada authentic. Exes with connections are cool. awesome, for real

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #148 on: February 27, 2010, 06:26:39 PM

Can you translate that into plain speak?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: February 27, 2010, 06:56:40 PM

Authentic jersey (versus a replica) probably.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 28, 2010, 07:53:40 AM

Hey Canada - damn impressive games for you guys.  I think the US is going to equal or exceed the medal record, which in and of itself is pretty amazing all things considered, but I think I'm most impressed with the Canadian performance in these games.  For all intents, you did "own the podium".

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #151 on: February 28, 2010, 08:10:07 AM

Authentic jersey (versus a replica) probably.

That.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 28, 2010, 08:53:01 AM

Thanks Cyrrex! Although according to University of Toronto professor Richard Florida, the winner of these games is Norway.

Damn Norwegians.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #153 on: February 28, 2010, 12:36:11 PM

And here's the reason for that, Baldrake:

Norway - Home of Giants (start watching at around 4:05, watch for about 1 1/2 minute)
It's a presentation of the Norwegian "Way of Life" by John Cleese :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:38:02 PM by Xuri »

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 28, 2010, 02:31:05 PM

Doh!  24 seconds short

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 28, 2010, 02:35:19 PM

Fuck - what a game. I haven't sat down since halfway through the first period.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #156 on: February 28, 2010, 02:36:05 PM

Best Hockey Ever.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 28, 2010, 02:46:20 PM

Its a pity Luongo flubbed it and made OT happen (he failed at gloving a shot on the play prior to the dying seconds goal, having it go off his glove instead).

Even as a Canadian, I think the U.S. team is much better constructed. Too many of the Canadian team shouldn't be there, but got in based on name or team. And it'd be nice if Crosby did -something-.

Decent Olympics, though. Would have been much better if certain Canadians didn't choke (choke being a lack of effort, especially by some speed skaters). Mostly been pleased at the coverage, though. Leaps and bounds above the crap CBC put out in previous Olympics.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: February 28, 2010, 02:56:23 PM

Fuck yeah fuck yeah!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: February 28, 2010, 02:56:48 PM

I And it'd be nice if Crosby did -something-.

Winning the game qualifies I think.

-H.L. Mencken
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 28, 2010, 02:57:18 PM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? about time he did something *coughs*.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #161 on: February 28, 2010, 02:58:18 PM

Jesus Christ. Now his head will be even bigger for no fucking reason.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 28, 2010, 03:00:27 PM

Holy shit, what a game.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 28, 2010, 03:03:14 PM

/gratz to Canada

Miller definitely should have had that one though, but hard to fault him, given the level he played at for the duration of the tournament.

Glad to see Crosby get the game winner though, he was invisible most of the game, except for the breakaway he muffed.

Really surprised by level of play by U.S. D-men corp, Orpik and Jack Johnson were lights out. Rafalski shined on offensive end, but he still prone to severe defensive lapses, such as Canada goal #1 where he should have never made that pass into his own goal mouth with two Canadian skaters honing in.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 28, 2010, 03:43:39 PM

Its a pity Luongo flubbed it and made OT happen (he failed at gloving a shot on the play prior to the dying seconds goal, having it go off his glove instead).

Hell no. Our defense left two Americans standing in front of the net.

Even as a Canadian, I think the U.S. team is much better constructed. Too many of the Canadian team shouldn't be there, but got in based on name or team. And it'd be nice if Crosby did -something-.

Np.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: February 28, 2010, 04:09:21 PM

I need a new  Heart

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #166 on: February 28, 2010, 04:12:24 PM

Probably the best gold medal game in the Olympics so far in my lifetime. We lost but damn it was good hockey.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: February 28, 2010, 04:43:35 PM

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: February 28, 2010, 05:35:57 PM

Yeah, I'm here to post shit like this.

Also:

WHY DIDN'T CROSBY PRODUCE MORE THAN A PPG PACE?Huh

This image seconds before the goal. Pretty sure he was part of everyone's game plan, yanno?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #169 on: February 28, 2010, 06:04:28 PM

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: February 28, 2010, 06:52:17 PM

Seriously, need new heart, mine had about 50 attacks at the end there.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #171 on: February 28, 2010, 07:02:26 PM

It would have been better if Crosby had actually scored on a really nice shot.

Instead, it was just a fairly weak goal.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: February 28, 2010, 07:24:19 PM

Nah, it was a snipe. Miller's quote afterward that was he went for the pokecheck because he figured Crosby would deke. Crosby got his head up really fast, saw the pokecheck, and sniped it five hole according to Miller.

I wouldn't call it soft just because it wasn't top corner from the slot or a great deke.

But then again, I'm a huge Team Canada fan (to the point where I really watch all of the women's games, too) and a Crosby cheerleader. So take that for what it's worth.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: February 28, 2010, 07:28:17 PM

In his on ice interview after the game, Crosby didn't know how the puck went in. He said he just put his head down and shot it.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: February 28, 2010, 07:28:52 PM

Miller was a Jedi all night, but still only human it seems.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Vancouver Winter Games  
Jump to: