Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:50:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Heirloom Items 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heirloom Items  (Read 69748 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: October 04, 2010, 05:53:30 PM

They are playing around with the conversion rates, but in the end, the conversion rate is largely irrilivent (other then for finding out how much extra gold you are going to find in your mailbox, and seeing if you will hit the soft cap when the converson happens).

Word has it that the final prices on all items under the new point system should be a direct comparison to what their old value in badges was.  Curretnly, the conversion rate to actual cost numbers on the PTR is all kinds of messed up, but when it goes live, if an item costs 50 badges, it's point cost should be 50x (where x is the conversion rate from badges to points).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #141 on: October 04, 2010, 06:37:14 PM

Nah, it's cool. I'll get what I can this week and that will probably be the end of it. Once the 4.0 patch hits, it'll put fast/easy/competent heroics and badges to an immediate stop from what I hear.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: October 07, 2010, 02:42:25 PM

I have a warrior with 180 Champion seals who isn't an Exalted Champion, so I don't have access to the Argent Crusade vendor (and thus no access to the heirloom items on the vendor).

I still need draenei and night elf faction, about halfway through last bar until exalted with either.  I'm doing the trials dailies and choosing the faction scrolls instead of the gold bags.  This shit is tediuos!  Does anyone know a quicker way to faction up Draenei and Elf for a dwarf?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 07, 2010, 02:49:54 PM

Quest through the Draenei or Nelf starting areas? Turn in stacks of runecloth?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: October 07, 2010, 02:55:47 PM

The tournament is the fastest way, save possibly speed runs through the starter areas.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #145 on: October 07, 2010, 02:57:16 PM

Starter Area Speed runs, Tournament Dailies + playing defense in AV and doing the turn-ins was how I did it on my DK.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 07, 2010, 03:14:32 PM

Runecloth is slow, but you can farm a shit-ton of it in Strat, so call it "mount farming" and take the rep as a bonus.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 07, 2010, 03:20:57 PM

I thought the faction rewards were nerfed along with the experience for doing gray quests.  Is that not true?  Might be worth it for something different to do beside the trials dailies.  Gold would be worse though.  Hmmmmm!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #148 on: October 07, 2010, 03:22:16 PM

I thought the faction rewards were nerfed along with the experience for doing gray quests.  Is that not true?  Might be worth it for something different to do beside the trials dailies.  Gold would be worse though.  Hmmmmm!

Thanks for the suggestions.

They changed rep gains back to full in 3.1 IIRC.  Might have been 3.0 but it's been a while now.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #149 on: October 07, 2010, 03:22:31 PM

Nope, the opposite actually - gray quests *used* to give bad faction at release, they eventually changed it later (after I had done most of them  Shaking fist) so they give full value.

EDIT: I always regret not checking what the new post is when I get that SOMEONE POSTED warning.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #150 on: October 07, 2010, 03:55:29 PM

I have a warrior with 180 Champion seals who isn't an Exalted Champion, so I don't have access to the Argent Crusade vendor (and thus no access to the heirloom items on the vendor).

I still need draenei and night elf faction, about halfway through last bar until exalted with either.  I'm doing the trials dailies and choosing the faction scrolls instead of the gold bags.  This shit is tediuos!  Does anyone know a quicker way to faction up Draenei and Elf for a dwarf?

Runecloth, and/or speedgrinding through newbie quests on a fast mount.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: October 07, 2010, 05:16:56 PM

Newbie quests.  You can crank them out extremely fast on anyone capable of doing the Tournament.  (The Draenei area is fast for a newbie, even.)  If you have anything left do a few Strat runs and turn in the cloth.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 08, 2010, 06:32:52 AM

Newbie quests.  You can crank them out extremely fast on anyone capable of doing the Tournament.  (The Draenei area is fast for a newbie, even.)  If you have anything left do a few Strat runs and turn in the cloth.

I actually find it fun to go back and do the newb quests.  Typically, I find the ones I skipped because they were too hard or I didn't go far enough into the questline before I lvl'ed and moved on.  Blowing through the newb instances for quest turn-ins nearly always uncovers a quest or item I never saw before.  Good stuff.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 08, 2010, 08:14:37 AM

The did do something to nerf main line faction sometime in the past year or so.  Once you cap out on a faction, it used to be, right after they reinstated full faction gain for grey quests that the full faction reward would be split among the rest in spill over.  Now it caps at about 30% for spill over. 
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #154 on: October 11, 2010, 04:59:26 PM

Trinket? What trinket?

edit -
Just looked them up. God dammit. I don't think I have it in me to grind out another 400 marks to get 2 of each for both my wife's account and my own. I was just going to get the Dal Rend Sacred Charge for each if I happened to get enough tokens before they change the currencies.
 swamp poop ACK!

So in the last week I ground out the 400 badges needed to buy 2 of each trinket for both my wife and I, while also going to work and such. I think I killed part of my soul doing it, though.  swamp poop

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 12, 2010, 06:08:41 AM

Thanks all for suggesting the newb quests, worked really well, was pretty painless.
Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 18, 2010, 07:43:07 PM

Prices of BOAs under the justice point system is at an all time high.

If I don't remember wrongly, a BOA 2hander used to cost like 65 emblems while a T9 chest piece cost like 60. Under the current justice point system the 2hander BOA cost 3500 justice points, which is more than enough to buy an entire 5 piece set of T9; alternatively that 3500 is 3/4 the points needed to buy an entire set of T10 (4690 for all 5).

Instead of 10-12 random heroics runs to get that BOA 2hander, now it will take 30-35.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:47:20 PM by Register »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:10 PM

They're priced with the income from level 85 dungeons in mind I think.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: October 18, 2010, 10:43:48 PM

They're priced with the income from level 85 dungeons in mind I think.

Correct.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #159 on: October 18, 2010, 10:47:44 PM

Anyone bother telling them we can't run level 85 dungeons yet?

-Rasix
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #160 on: October 18, 2010, 10:55:43 PM

I suppose there's a slight chance that they will adjust the costs in tonight's downtime. What wuth the expansion being 2 months away (and wotlk heirlooms apparently only working until 80) Otherwise my semi-new semi-plan to grind out a pair of MacGowans' in the next week or two just ain't gonna happen. I'm not real interested in running dungeons for the next 2 months to buy stuff that I'll replace off green drops from boars the moment I step into Hellfire Peninsula Searing Gorge again.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:22 PM

You won't replace those with greens, maybe a blue item for all of a level.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #162 on: October 19, 2010, 12:00:30 AM

Yeah, I'm being a bit extreme, but the point is that all the crap I'm wearing will probably be replaced by Christmas, so I see little point in spending the next 2 months upgrading gear so I can replace it all 2-3 weeks later with the ame levelling stuff that I'll be replacing my existing stuff with.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: October 19, 2010, 12:20:29 PM

Prices of BOAs under the justice point system is at an all time high.

If I don't remember wrongly, a BOA 2hander used to cost like 65 emblems while a T9 chest piece cost like 60. Under the current justice point system the 2hander BOA cost 3500 justice points, which is more than enough to buy an entire 5 piece set of T9; alternatively that 3500 is 3/4 the points needed to buy an entire set of T10 (4690 for all 5).

Instead of 10-12 random heroics runs to get that BOA 2hander, now it will take 30-35.
http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=19926.msg850741#msg850741

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: October 19, 2010, 01:15:30 PM

I think I mentioned this in a different thread but anyone thinking of leveling a DK should know that you can runeforge heirlooms now.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 19, 2010, 02:41:30 PM

Can other characters benefit from the runeforged enchants?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 19, 2010, 03:04:55 PM

Runeforging has "Requires: Runeforging 300" on everything, so nope!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #167 on: October 19, 2010, 08:47:15 PM

So I presume they didn't drop the costs last night, then?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #168 on: October 22, 2010, 12:25:51 AM

OK, so a pair of these were recommended for an (Enh?) shaman
http://www.wowwiki.com/Venerable_Mass_of_McGowan

What about these?
http://www.wowwiki.com/Sharpened_Scarlet_Kris

Essentially the same stats and DPS. Though a faster weapon. I understand Shammies can use daggers. I've read some stuff suggesting that slower 1-handers were better in the past. What about now (as Alt-hairlooms?) Especially since I have a pair of these.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: October 22, 2010, 12:58:13 AM

As an enhance shaman you really want slow/slow. For levelling it probably won't make too much difference, and the time you loose due to having imperfect weapons will still be less than the time taken to grind out two heirloom weapons with 2.6 speed.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: October 22, 2010, 01:32:56 AM

What about these?

Essentially the same stats and DPS. Though a faster weapon. I understand Shammies can use daggers. I've read some stuff suggesting that slower 1-handers were better in the past. What about now (as Alt-hairlooms?) Especially since I have a pair of these.
Current rule for shaman is Slow / Slow,

Some reasons being:
- Windfury (preferred main hand Weapon Imbue) has an internal cooldown, and a weapon that is too fast can potentially lose chances to actually proc WF on hits
- Flametongue (your preferred offhand weapon imbue) damage is based off of the Weapon's base speed so slower weapons get bigger flametongue hits
- Shaman get a decent mele haste boost from Flurry, which has a fairly substantial uptime with decent crit
- Also, as shown with the two Heirloom items you linked, they have the same "DPS" number, but their top end damage is wildly different (436 for the maces vs 234 for the Dagger) and Enhance instant attacks use those numbers when hitting, so a pair of slow weapons is going to hit a lot harder when you LavaLash someone then a pair of fast ones.

That may change in the future, if they ever decide to do more tweaking to shaman weapon imbues, but currently, rule is slower = better.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: October 22, 2010, 02:19:44 AM

Slow/slow is where it's at for enhance. The Mass of McGowan is ideal for leveling an enhance shaman. Enchant them with crusader or +5 to damage and enjoy.

At low levels, daggers will get you along OK, but performance really is miles better with the maces, especially when you hit TBC.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 22, 2010, 05:03:05 AM

What about these?

Daggers have a lower attack power co-efficient for instant strikes and lower average damage, so you're be losing quite a bit of damage on your instant strikes.  Plus they've got resilience as a third stat, so you're losing damage there too.

The caster main hands actually strike harder than the dagger, but not by much.

AP / 14 * [Normalization Factor] + Weapon Damage = Instant Attack Damage

Some reasons being:
- Windfury (preferred main hand Weapon Imbue) has an internal cooldown, and a weapon that is too fast can potentially lose chances to actually proc WF on hits
- Flametongue (your preferred offhand weapon imbue) damage is based off of the Weapon's base speed so slower weapons get bigger flametongue hits
- Shaman get a decent mele haste boost from Flurry, which has a fairly substantial uptime with decent crit
- Also, as shown with the two Heirloom items you linked, they have the same "DPS" number, but their top end damage is wildly different (436 for the maces vs 234 for the Dagger) and Enhance instant attacks use those numbers when hitting, so a pair of slow weapons is going to hit a lot harder when you LavaLash someone then a pair of fast ones.

1. Every viable one-hander actually suffers this, the CD is 3 seconds, and the non-deterministic nature of flurry haste fucks up everything.
2. Auto-attack flametongue DPS is not effected, only instant attack flametongue DPS, which is pretty marginal.
3. Flurry haste is not effected, only the up-time (and it's a PITA trying to calculate it).  30% haste is a 30% DPS increase, regardless of the weapon.
4. Top end damage is irrelevant and can be deceptive if the range is irregularly wide (in this case the ranges are similarly wide), calculate with (Weapon DPS * Weapon Speed) instead.
5. Maelstrom weapon might favour faster weapons still.

Use the daggers if you really want to, but don't hesitate to trade them for a dungeon blue.  You might also try the caster hammer if you actually own one currently.  Or go elemental, it's less retarded leveling one now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:04:56 AM by Sheepherder »
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: November 07, 2010, 08:36:04 AM

This mirrors what I have put away for my anticipated worgen druid: lava dredger and armor pieces. Armor is obvious--+100hps to chest. The 'dredger, not so much. Crusader is probably the best bet, but I went with the +AGI one. The others are meant more for 1handers. The 'dredger is a pretty fast 2h, but I felt the agility was the best compromise for a feral type. +9 to damage would have been another good one, but they're damned hard to find and I haven't seen one for many a month--and no one in the guild seemed to have it.
Try finding the +30 spellpower one. The one from MC, with the 1% drop rate off of bosses. Luckily, someone on my server always has four or five scrolls up for about 90 gold a piece, but the enchant sells for 8000 or so.

The mats on that contain two golden pearls, which sell for 150g each on my server (also 4 large brills and 6 greater eternal essence).

Another alternative is the cheaper Healing Power enchant for 29 spellpower.  The formula is as rare as the other but the mats are much cheaper.  4 essence of water, 4 large brills and 4 greater eternals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Heirloom Items  
Jump to: